“Just What We Needed”

Ramada Beirut Downtown
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I spent 5 nights in August at the Ramada Downtown. Our room was spacious; the bed comfy; and the bathroom new and well-designed. Most of the staff spoke English and were very helpful.

We were visiting a family member who works in Beirut and the downtown location was central for all that we did. The hotel is difficult to find because it's stacked behind a construction site. But once you locate it, it's easy walking distance to most downtown attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Mrs Amy,

First, let me take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our rooms, staff and the hotel location.

Please don t hesitate to contact us directly on your next stay, we will be pleased to arrange your accommodation and preferences

Yasmine Eid Maalouf - General Manager

Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Downtown last week. We were absolutely delighted with the hotel. Our room was beautifully clean and very comfortable. I had read the comments about it being noisy and was a bit nervous but it was very quiet with no more noise than you would expect in a large city. There is construction work surrounding the hotel but it did not disturb us at all.
Every member of staff we came in contact with was friendly,polite and very efficient. The location is wonderful.
Very good value for money. We will definitely choose to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Your lovely comments have already been shared with our Team during our morning meeting today.

I am very happy to notice that your overall rating was very satisfactory and I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed our services, Staff friendliness and hotel location.

Again, thank you for your patronage and recommending Ramada Beirut Downtown on Trip Advisor. The entire team and Myself are looking forward to welcoming you once again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Please don t hesitate to contact me directly [ymaalouf@ramadalebanon.com] on your next stay, I will be pleased to arrange your accommodation.

Yasmine Eid Maalouf - General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2013

we spent a week there from 28th of June 2013.
The hotel is very weel located walking distance from Downtown solidaire 10 mins and zeituna bay (15 mins) also it's near to kidz mondo if you have a kid and want to spend day for kids activities.

The staff is very helpful and informative, we once asked them about the touristic places and they advised us with a special agency that gave us a very good price for the tour Jeitta, Byblos and Harissa.

The staff is very keen for your satisfaction and very much customer oriented.

We faced a bit difficulty with the room keys since it didn't work couple of times but as soon as we inform the reception they quickly came top open it for us

When we arrived we found complimentary brownies and the day before our departure we found a huge dish of fruits and biscuits, that was really a nice gesture.

If we are to go Lebanon again, we will probably stay there

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Dear Mr Sherif,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

Your comments have already been shared with our Team this morning. And indeed, seeing such lovely compliments is a beautiful way to start the day.

I am glad to notice that your overall rating was very satisfactory and I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our staff.

With regards to the keys rooms, we are under process of solving the issue and we hope it will be finally done in the couple of coming weeks.

Again, I would like to thank you for your patronage and recommending Ramada Beirut Downtown on Trip Advisor. We all look forward to welcoming you once again assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next booking, I will be pleased to arrange your accommodation.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just came back from a nightmare at Ramada, absolute lack of sleep!! They are building a hotel literally two meters away from the rooms, from 7 am onwards!!! Not only don’t they tell you about it, when you ask for a quiet room, they assure you it is!! They should notify customers in advance, and if there is no other option, offer earplugs and free wifi or other compliment as an apology. Some investment in sun blocking blinds would also be advisable. The service was a disgrace, couldn’t get a smile out of a single employee... Avoid eating in the restaurant, sandwiches take 40 minutes to arrive. And to make things even better, my bathroom stank 24/7. Only stay at Ramada if you have absolutely no other option, complete waste of money.

Room Tip: Just try not to stay here...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank LULIFOG
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at Ramada Beirut Downtown.

I regret to notice that your overall rating was not satisfactory and that our services were not up to your expectations.

I have read your remarks with regards to the noise coming from the construction sites around us; I do apologize and I have taken into consideration the ear-plug service. We have already advised our purchasing department to buy them; it will available in rooms in rooms in a few weeks.

I am also pleased to advise you that we will be launching free internet in rooms in few months, we are under process of testing the speed and technical issues.

With regards to your comment on the services in our restaurants and the bathroom, I would be grateful if you could send me a mail with some more details [ room number, date of stay, ect..] that I can go through a full investigation- on my following address: ymaalouf@ramadalebanon.com

I look forward to reading from you again and hopefully to get a second chance to prove to you the quality of services on which we have built our good reputation.

With my best regards

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We found the hotel very nice
Clean rooms
You can feel very tender there
Nice open buffet breakfast
Receptionist people are very helpful and they got good hospitality
Very near to down town
We thank Mr Ahmed And Nada for their good hospitality
But I have one comment ( the wifi should be available for free in rooms also like the lobby )

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr Ahmad,

I am very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location, the buffet breakfast and specially our Team services.

I will definitely share your comments with all our Team and will pass your compliments to Nada and Ahmed.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to the Ramada Beirut Downtown assuring you of our best care and quality services at all time.

I am pleased to inform you that in few months, we will introduce free internet in rooms - we are in the process of testing the new internet system to make sure the speed will not be affected.

Again, thank you for your patronage and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel is very near to downtown Beirut & taxi is always available outside. The staff is very friendly & the rooms are neat & comfortable. View from rooms is blocked by a building under construction.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Again, thank you for your patronage and if I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

The hotel is a walking distance from downtown Beirut and the area developed by Solidere project, yet it is in a quiet neighborhood. It lacks view as most of the rooms face a building which looks being under construction for some time. The rooms are comfortable but not wide enough. Personnel helpful but sometimes forgetful. Special taxi is available outside almost all the time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ramadadowntown, General Manager at Ramada Beirut Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel location and our staff. I apologize for the staff being sometimes forgetful but I will immediately investigate with the concerned and share your comments with them.