“Nice Stay !”

Golden Tulip Serenada Hotel Hamra
Ranked #41 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Golden Tulip Serenada earlier this month and it was a great experience, helpful staff, nice rooms, great food and the location was excellent, everything you need is near.
I had a great stay and would surely recommend the hotel to my friends and co-workers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Last week I went for a short trip to beirut and I stayed at Serenada my home away from home
the whole stay was remarkable and fantastic and all the thanks to front office team , concierge ; F & B and special thanks to Hasan; Raghad & Ali
sure I will stay again there and will recommend the hotel to all my friends

Ahmad

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed there with my wife for 3 nights.

The good
1) located in hamra area, lots of food outlets and shopping
2) fast check in
3) old fashion design in the hotel
4) rooms were pretty clean

The bad
1) There is a night club on the roof. There is a party every night. The music can be heard throughout hotel from 11pm until 4pm. Don't expect to sleep.
2) the front desk staff are rude. When my wife complained about the noise, staff joked and told her to put cotton in her ears. We asked to get our room changed, same staff member claimed the hotel was100 percent full..even after telling us they have a lot of checkout Saturday morning and should be able to help us then. He would say he'll call us but not call. On Saturday night, he said that we shouldn't be able to hear anything but he was being sarcastic as a wedding was happening on the second floor at the same time of the night club on the roof.
3) insufficient security for a hotel where anyone can walk in and go through the hotel
4) no parking
5) not enough tv channels

Room Tip: Supposedly getting a room on the lower floors (1,2) will reduce the amount of noise from the night c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tarek H
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I booked 3 nights from the thursday until the Sunday. The room was very noisy, the insulation of the windows is really bad (I could hear all night the cars horning). The second night was the wedding night in the ballroom of the hotel, music inside and noise outside. I did not sleep. Third night acceptable. The TV channels in my room were limited to a few (I know that it was not the case in some other rooms).
The rug in the room was dirty. I found also hair in the bathroom altough it was supposed to have just been cleaned.
On the sunday, I tried to take a bath and realised that the hole in the ceiling was shared with the bathroom above where a lady was giving a bath to her child, I could hear their voices, laughters and games. Nothing serious in this respect but definitely unexpected in a hotel!!!
When you go to the lobby and order a taxi, they just pretend to take your order and just don't call one...
This hotel needs an urgent renovation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Charles M
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Good hotel with spacious rooms and a great breakfast. In the close neighbourhood you will find a lot of restaurants and pubs.
Transfer from the airport to the hotel is +/- 30'
Only disadvantage is the noise. Since it is located in a very frequented area all night long you are disturbed by "street" noise.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The Golden Tulip Serenade Hotel in Hamra, Beirut is a great hotel. This Beirut hotel offers big rooms with lots of space to enjoy a wonderful stay.

Steps away you will find Hamra - a great and vibrant neighborhood of Beirut. I found the size of the room, the cozy rooftop swimmingpool and the service to be the best qualities of this hotel.

To see a video review of this hotel, you can search for it on YouTube as Trip Advisor does not support video uploads (yet).

Room Tip: Don't be cheap! Get one of the 1 bedroom rooms and enjoy lots of space. It really is worth it...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed in the Golden Tulip Serenada in Hamra for one night on my way for a business trip and must say that it is a great place in the center of it all! The staff at the front desk are very nice and accommodating (for example he saw that I was smoking while he was on a call and before I could even ask, he changed my room to a smoking room). All of the staff are more than willing to help out with anything you need and are absolutely amazing!
The locaiton of the hotel has to be its greatest part. It is a 10 minute walk from the Corniche, minutes from the AUB, blocks from the thriving party scene in Hamra, walking distance to Nejmeh Square and Mohamad al-Amin Mosque.
The only problem is that if you are looking for a quiet hotel...this is not the place. Since it is located in the middle of so much life and the younger crowd from the AUB, it is not the quietest place at night. There is another Golden Tulip that will fit you if that is what you are looking for. So, if you are looking for convenience and are willing to put up with some noise at night, this is the hotel for you in Beirut.
The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel is the lack of Lebanese food at the facility. It has a sushi bar in the hotel, but if you are in Lebanon, you should eat some delicious Lebanese food, not necessarily sushi.

And on a side note, I specifically made a point of it to have my return stay at this hotel due to my first experience there on my way out!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business