“Wonderful staff and very clean room”
Review of City Suite Hotel

City Suite Hotel
Ranked #58 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Wonderful staff and very clean room”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

After reading reviews on trip advisor I decided to book my stay in Beirut at City Suite Hotel. The room was clean and well maintained, and it had most amenities I would expect as a business traveller.

They gave me free internet because I booked through their website which was handy because I had quite a lot of work to do. Their conference room was as expected. I used it once for a presentation, and the staff helped me prepare for it by copying and printing my handouts.

There was some construction going on around the hotel, and when I contacted the front desk they immediately moved me to the other side of the hotel.

Overall the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much to ask. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely repeat my visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the side of the ocean away from the construction.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 April 2013

It was a pleasure to go back to City Suit and as usual it feels like home.
The staff (I cannot not mentioning the staff) are amazing. They will always greet you with a smile on their faces especially in the early morning hours.
I highly recommend city suit for your next trip.
Thanks for making me feel home during my stay.

Room Tip: Choose the sea side rooms. nice morning sun.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Paralimni, Cyprus
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Every think is perfect was at City Suite Hotel. As people in Cyprus are kind with strangers I found this kindness in Lebanese people also.The staff were amazing especially Wael at night shift, he helped me a lot in advising me to visit places in lebanon. The location of this hotel is very cool where it is located near to every thing. I liked it very very much

Its amazing

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Mak C, Director of Sales at City Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Mr. George,

Thank you for your review. I am very glad that you found our hotel to be friendly and comfortable. We always do our best to make sure that all of our guests feel well at home and properly assisted with all of their requests.
Once again thank you for choosing City Suite Hotel and we hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

One of the most easy holidays - the rooms were big and clean, the staff were excellent and the breakfast was simple but satisfying, EVERYTHING is close to the hotel- from shops to cafes! I'll definitely come back here in the future due to the excellent service; when you ask for something you get it and the staff really try to make your stay the best through their efforts - special thanks to Teddy the Manager, Joyce, Yahya, Wael 1 and 2 and the rest of the people that work there!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Ms. Lina,

Your review puts a smile on our face knowing that we have done what it takes to make you happy enough to take the time out of your day to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you had a wonderful vacation in Lebanon and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel once again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 March 2013

It's a wonderful hotel that is slightly tucked away from the main street. It is right near the Raouche Rocks and the shore.

The staff is quite friendly and always willing to help. The room was fine for my needs although the bathroom was a bit small with not room to move around. My room didn't come with a kitchenette but it did have a refrigerator. There is a large grocery story nearby where you can food if you don't feel like eating at a restaurant. The breakfast buffet was quite good with many different choices.

Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel. It is clean, has a good location, and the staff is professional with great English skills.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear WorldCitizen1983,
We are well aware that we do not have the largest washrooms at our hotel but we try to make up for it with our superior service, cleanliness and quality of bedding and furniture. I am sure that we tried our hardest to make you happy and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at City Suite Hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2013

An outstanding hotel. I chose it because it was within our budget and, at No. 7, was highest on the list of hotels offering best value that we could afford. It was like a boutique hotel, with all rooms of decent size. Ours had a small kitchenette, dining area with table and 3 chairs, settee and one easy chair, desk and chair. Nice bed, nice lighting, decor good, en suite attractive. Even my 'picky' husband agreed that he liked this hotel and we returned a week later on our way back from a business trip - together with friends of ours, a family of 4.

The breakfast buffet was extensive and courteously staffed, particularly by Basma who was always so attentive, professional and had a very kindly attitude.

The ground floor reception area included a snug bar area with plenty of comfortable seating and quiet private corners, and there were 3 different seating/meeting areas in the lobby and a business centre for guests. There is free Wi-Fi to all of the ground floor area and dining area and which extends to some of the bedrooms on various floors when lucky. Otherwise it can be paid for in the bedrooms.

A very neat, clean hotel which is very central, very close to both the famous Bay Rock in the sea and the Corniche and also within easy walking distance of Hamra, the main shopping street.

However, possibly the best feature of this hotel was its staff. All so motivated and worked as a team to be discreet, helpful and totally professional. Nothing was too much trouble, everything was provided - the housekeeping team was so willing to please, the porters always on hand, 24 hours, the Front Desk very efficient and helpful. It just seemed to be a smaller, modern hotel that was doing everything right! Plus they had ample parking, attended most of the time.

Would definitely go back and definitely recommend this hotel as a perfect place to stay if you don't want to pay megabucks for the top flight Beirut hotels but want a good, classy hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have views of the sea though slightly obscured by two buildings in front (eg. on...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Soubboura
Dear Mrs. Souboura,
I would like to personally thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. It is reviews like yours that make us proud of what we can offer our guests. We pride ourselves on having superior customer service and sometimes we need our guests to point out the staff member that is really getting the job done. Once again I am very glad that you had a wonderful stay and that your husband was comfortable enough to return to our hotel and refer his own friends to us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you will return to see us soon.
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Well maintained 4 star hotel. Very near to the city center and the boulvard / corniche.the hotel has friendly staff, but little away from the main street and night life part of the city. Arranged taxi and a guide to visit the Baalbek, Byblos, Jeita Grotto, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. RomanBaku,
I am very pleased that you found our hotel to be in an ideal location for your needs. Although we are tucked away from main street it is only a 2 minute walk to the corniche and the ocean. This means having all the excitement of Raouche at your fingertips but a quiet and relaxing room when you are settling down for the night. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again!