“Convenient location, friendly staff”
Review of City Suite Hotel

City Suite Hotel
Ranked #57 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Muscat, Masqat, Oman
“Convenient location, friendly staff”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a week during my last business trip to Beirut. The service was great, breakfast was delicious, and the staff were very friendly. The hotel was also very clean and at a convenient location.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Mak C, Director of Sales at City Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Bassem,
I am glad that you found our hotel to be great. We work hard on our customer service and when lovely reviews like yours get posted it only makes our jobs more rewarding.

Thank you and we can’t wait to have you back

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I am writing to advise how appalled by the service i received the last day i was at this hotel. I gave a $250 dress to the hotel to be washed and returned to me with a whole heap of other clothes. My Whites didnt come back, my coloured clothes did but not my whites. Before i left the manager told me he would look after me in relation to my dress that went missing that cost me $250.00 we had an outstanding bill of $210 and instead of writing it off to cover my dress (because it was taken from my room to get washed and never returned) so i believed the onus was on the hotel to cover the cost of that. I was chasing someone to try and rectify this problem for two weeks before i left and nothing was done about it. the Manager of the hotel knew what date i was leaving and still did not talk to me about what he could do for me. The only thing that was said was i wasn't going to walk away upset he will fix it all for me. He is a liar and not a very honest person at all. I told the staff i wasn't going to pay my $210 outstanding bill and write it off as my dress went missing one of them wanted to get physical with a male friend of mine when he went to grab my bags to take them to the car to leave. i am disgusted and disappointed as the whole time i was there they were actually accommodating until that last day when it came to them owing me what i deserved.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank faye e
Dear Faye e,
Once again would like to apologize for any inconvenience that City Suite Hotel might have caused, directly or indirectly. This is not how we had anticipated or expected your stay to be with us. We strive on our customer service and the ability to make our guests happy. Unfortunately this was not the case during your stay. In your case our hotel was met in the middle of a dispute between the Laundromat and Yourself. I know you are aware that we outsource our laundry, since you had used the service on different occasions. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged clothes is clearly stated on the laundry check list form, that you filled out in your room.

Once again I hope you understand that we tried our hardest to make your stay with us enjoyable but sometimes we are caught in the cross fire and end up looking like the bad guy. I hope you accept my sincere apology.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

I don't know if it is fair to judge this hotel after a trip to Turkey where the hospitality was out of this world. By comparison, we found the service in Beirut to be very poor in general.
The hotel itself is fine. The rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast was delicious and coffee is excellent. Location was OK too - just 10 minute walk to Hamra.
The staff member who stood out for us at City Suite was Joyce. She was genuine and extremely helpful. However, on arrival at City Suite we were checked in by another person and when I asked for a city map he claimed there were none left. On the other hand, when I was greeted by Joyce the following morning I asked her if she had a city map and she immediately found one for us.
On another occasion, we asked the same person who checked us in if we could change our money to smaller denominations. He not only said he couldn't do it but he was sarcastic about it and sent us into Hamra to change our money.
We found this same attitude in many places in Beirut and I'm not sure if the people want foreigners in their country, because we did not feel welcome.
I will not be returning to Beirut but I do want to say thank you to Joyce from City Suite for being a shining beacon in a country that needs to learn a lot about hospitality!.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank felicia B
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during my last business visit to Beirut. At first, I was quite apprehensive about Beirut but it's like many middle eastern countries I've visited. The hype about security issues is largely overrated ny the media. It was just a regular week as in any other country. As for the staff, they were so friendly and so welcoming every time I walked in and out of the hotel, I felt very welcomed and very special. Thank you bellboys and front office staff. The rooms were clean and big, would have appreciated a bigger bathroom though. The location was perfect for me, walked to most of my meetings, luckily the weather was perfect.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I visited Beirut on a short business trip last month and it was a good decision to stay in this hotel, so close to hamra and downtown, the staff was always cheerful and welcoming and always ready to help. Some of my meetings got cancelled so I had an extra day and the staff suggested I transfer to their other location in the mountains of aley. An excellent choice. I really enjoyed my stay there as well, although it was very short. Only one day, but very relaxing after two days of continuous meetings. Highly recommend both properties.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank redhotchillee
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I highly recommend city suite hotel. I was there for a weekend. They have spacious rooms and most importantly clean. I had the chance to try their breakfast and lunch. The kitchen serves amazing food, especially the middle-eastern menu is just to die for! The spa is great and so professional!!Front desk is always at your service making your stay comfortable and pleasurable. Thumbs up...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel was clean and well-situated and the room was nice and modern. It was a little noisy (construction site across the road), but this didn't bother me too much and was fairly minimal compared to other hotels in the city. I thought it represented good value for money in Beirut and would definitely consider returning.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends