“excelent staff and service”
Review of City Suite Hotel

City Suite Hotel
Ranked #59 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We have stayed at the hotel four nights and all was perfect. the staff we kind and helpfull, speciall Miss Carol, who always helps us in everything. I highly recomend it. It is also very well located, two blocks from the cornishe. excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed staying in that hotel for many reasons to list.
First and foremost the strategic location of hotel wich is so close to Rouchah and Beirute downtown.
Second the hotel stuff are so nice and professional.
Finally I think that the prices are acceptable

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wissam-AlRasheed
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We are a couple from Egypt. We are crazy about lebanon! For a 4 star hotel It was a nice place to stay at. Clean bathroom, clean bed sheets, free coffee and tea in the room, its location was close to el rawsha rock by the sea which we love to have lunch at. We had a suite which was really spacious. Also its a 10 min taxi drive from down town so u r not stranded out on the mountains. The front desk personnel where really helpful (Joyce i think ?). I had a problem with my booking, i was suppose to pay a one night penalty, but Teddy the hotel manager fixed the whole situation and cancelled the extra charge! wouldn't mind going there again at all. in a way i felt that the people over there wanted to make the guest happy no matter what! they know that hotels are all about reputation and they where keeping theirs at high standards! Thumbs up

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy R
Mak C, Director of Sales at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Nancy,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at City Suite Hotel. I appreciate your wonderful review and feedback. I am sure it is tourists like you that make the Lebanese hoteliers excel at their job. Once again thank you for your kind words and we hope you had a great time in Lebanon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

A wonderful cosy hotel with all the facilities any couple would desire.
It had a nice central location in Beirut which made all the city's attractions easily at reach. The crew working there were always helpful and gave all what they could to make our stay their wonderful. We'd definitely like to repeat this experience and recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Beirut.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2014

it was value for money, the staff is very friendly, nice free wifi service at lobby, the breakfast was really nice and tasty, my room was clean and nice but a little bit small , the hotel location is nice specially in summer as it is very near to the coast a little bit far from downtown and hamra area but the location is very special as well, as a whole I enjoyed my vacation alot from 28th of december till 2nd of january 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amrziedan
Mak C, Director of Sales at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear amrziedan,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very proud of our staff and reading reviews such as yours validates our pride in both our staff and our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast and that you found the hotel location special. We look forward to having you here once again and maybe next time you can stay in one of our suites if you found the rooms to be a little small.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My family and I stayed in this hotel in Jan. 2014. When I booked this hotel I made sure that I call in and book non smoking rooms and clean. The Hotel representative assured me that the hotel as clean as five star hotel. I even paid extra money to get an upgraded rooms. When I arrived at the hotel I was shocked with the followings:
1) no concierge was available to help with your luggage, even the taxi driver was shocked
2) both rooms were very dirty and full of smoke. The carpets in room would be rated worse than a 2 star hotel
3) complained to the front desk about the condition of the room and no action was taken even though the hotel was very empty
4) Breakfast was very much all cane food and nothing special. Sometime we had to wait for 20 minutes to get a clean plate or the buffet was empty
5) the front concierge were not helpful land always trying to hook u up with their taxi contact to probably make money.
6) All floors are full of smoke. I complained couple of times no action were taken.
7) last day of my checkout I asked for 2 hour late check out and they charged me for a half day rate without any discount.
8) rooms have no view at all
Advise for all tourist is to be aware and make sure you do your home before any booking. I will never stay at this hotel again. This is only for those who would like to stay in 3 star and below hotels.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Malamino
Mak C, Director of Sales at City Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Malanio,
I am very sorry for not meeting your expectations. As you know we tried our hardest to provide you with non smoking rooms and our front desk agent offered you many room options on lower floors. Our hotel was booked solid over the holidays and that is why we were unable to present you with a complementary upgrade to higher floors. I understand the frustration of feeling that you were neglected but I assure you that our staff did everything possible to accommodate you and your family and make you feel welcome and at home.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Spent 3 nights here in an executive room and found this hotel a bit of a mixed bag.
Pros:
- Good location near pidgeon rocks
- Helpful staff
- Good price

Cons:
- Floors where gritty and don't seem to have been vacuumed in a while. However sheets and bathroom were clean and well maintained.
- Worlds smallest shower cubicle! I'm not exacly big at 55kg, but trying to shower without hitting the walls or hot/cold taps were impossible.
- Unlike some reviewers I thought the breakfast was very mediocre

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear hondo533
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I appreciate the wonderful comments about our friendly staff and how well maintained the hotel is.
We are aware that some rooms have small washrooms but they are built in a manner to provide as much space as possible.
Thank you once again for your honest review and I hope we will have another chance to accommodate you in the future.