Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel
US$96
US$94
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Le Commodore Hotel(Beirut)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$373
US$362
US$422
  • Restaurant
All reviewshamra streetnice servicerecommend this hotelnice hotelexcellent locationhotel roomcomfortable roomsliving roomnight lifemini barenjoyed my stayother hotelsnice staybreakfast buffetstar hotelbusiness tripalhamra
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked and stay at the Coral Suites - Al Hamra over the period of 8th to 11th August 2013. The arrangements were very good, from pickup at the airport till our departure on the 11th. The suite were clean, functional and suite our purposes. We we pleasantly surprised by the breakfast as some reviews were not flattering about the breakfast - the choices were good and catered for all cultural groups - we enjoyed it. The location of the hotel suited us as well, just one block from the main street with all the restaurants etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful - I can recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a pool and the fitness centre is located a few minutes walk away, this will cost you extra.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CORAL SUITES HO... A, Manager at Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you very much Mr. "Jimpans" for your comments, which I was delighted to read. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. Further to this, our very own fitness club is under process now; a swimming pool, however, will remain just on our wishlist.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the not so far future!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Can't knock this place. It's a high-end hotel with generously sized rooms, comfy beds and lots of closets. Hats off the housekeeping staff- they really go the extra mile in ensuring that the rooms are in perfect order. The only thing missing is a bit of charm in the hotel- it feels a bit stale, staff are a bit distant. Solid breakfast buffet with fresh squeezed orange juice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank f200918
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks . For the 215 USD a night we were charged it was simply put substandard. The staff were extremely rude. They seemed to have an attitude of " you should be happy I'm serving you" but then again I found out that in Beirut where ever I went all service personal had that same rude attitude with the exception of restaurants. It's was in a good location so that was a plus. The cleaner threw away my brand new shoes while cleaning my room however the manager did sort it out for me after 2 weeks and did send me the money for the shoes which I did appreciate. The restaurant downstairs offered a very poor selection of food. Rooms were ok in size but lacked quality and looked old and worn out. I know Beirut cannot compete with other cities when it comes to hotels but come on I think it can do a little better than that starting with the attitudes of staff members. The cleaners were very friendly and welcoming though.
All in all I have stayed in countless hotels all around the world and for the price it was not worth it. Best thing in Lebanon is if you have family members stay with them. I have a feeling all hotels in Lebanon are going to disappoint a well travelled person.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rock H
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The hotel is very clean, cosy, good service and food
Very wide rooms, excellent internet connection (unusual in Lebanon)

However, the location is terrible in case you need to go out of El Hamra everyday. Terrible traffic
This is a good location in case you will stay all the time in this live and busy area with all its night life

Room Tip: There are rooms and suites, Suites does not mean being so expensive, it is somehow close to the rate of rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ehab_Heikal
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Property works well. Good staff and respectful. Only (minor) comment would be to freshen up the breakfast and fix the toaster! We will head back there. Easiest way to find the hotel on GPS is that it is directly behind the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Front rooms all come wit balconies.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business