“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #25 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was my first time in Beirut and my first time at the Coral Suites - Al Hamra. I had a suite, which was very nice: spacious, clean and with a well stocked mini bar. The hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. They even went out of their way to help me celebrate my birthday with a lovely cheesecake delivered to my room, which was most unexpected. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The suites are nice and spacious and not too expensive.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CORAL SUITES HO... A, Manager at Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our small gesture, Mr. Amato. It is most rewarding for my team to know that we have even exceeded your expectations.
Thank you once again for sharing your comments, and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel some time in the not so far future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 8 March 2014

A friend of mine recommended booking this hotel because he is always coming to Beirut for business. I travel to Beirut and stayed in many hotels so I had doubts about the hotel and location and what to expect since I wasn’t travelling for business but going to stay for a week with my wife and two kids. All I can say I was more than impressed. I booked two connecting rooms but I got a luxury suite connected to a deluxe (the deluxe room which some other hotels call it standard is by far the largest one I have seen). The suite had a full kitchen and the deluxe room had a kitchenette. Room amenities were of high quality and always replenished. The beds were comfortable and cleanliness is something to admire about this hotel. Our requests were handled professionally. The reception desk took good care of my request for a car rent and was helpful in recommending places for sightseeing. The breakfast had fresh selections but can be improved by adding some items. There is no view outside the windows other than Hamra buildings but my wife and I didn’t care as we were spending our time outside. The price value we got for our stay is cheap and affordable for the service and luxury we had. Definitely recommend this hotel you will not regret at all.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ayman A
CORAL SUITES HO... A, Manager at Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Greetings Mr. Ayman & Family!
Thank you so much indeed for sharing this. Your feedback is more than we hoped for and we are excited to see you and your family soon again.

With sincere gratitude and warmest regards from the entire CORAL SUITES HAMRA TEAM
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I'm traveling since 1978 in many countries, staying mostly in 5 stars hotels, this time it was recommended to me for my trip of 2 weeks to stay at Coral Suits Al Hamra, Beirut, Lebanon, the staff from top (GM) to the bottom (Bill boy) including amazing receptionist staff are great people they are customer oriented, very processional and friendly and do everything to make the customer happy, nice, wide and clean rooms, excellent location of the hotel, very nice food and service, what can I say more it is really an excellent hotel and you can have interesting stay, I recommend anybody who is visiting Beirut to try this great hotel.

Room Tip: I'm traveling since 1978 in many countries, staying mostly in 5 stars hotels, this time it was r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear "jwheidi"
Thank you so much indeed for your favorably comment! Receiving such a positive feedback especially from a 5-star traveler puts a very big smile on my team's faces.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 26 February 2014

As a frequent business traveller mainly within the Arab world I can only recommend this little hotel, that is if your activities are in that Hamra area with its overloaded traffic, and if you don't need booze but even this is handy around the corner. Have stayed there in October and again during December when they did some renovation works. The suite I had was unusually large and with all features functioning well and even a microwave and coffee station. The TV set could have been a few inches larger though. Service was great, especially the room maids and reception staff are responding very quick and really with a smile at any given time. The coffee shop had a good breakfast variety and even the refill worked speedy when needed. A gym was only in the neighbour building and therefore inconvenient but in good condition and with OK equipment. The best of all however is the amazing price-benefit ratio for almost half of what I pay in similar 4star hotels! All in all a very good place to stay even on longer terms since its a real bargain!

Room Tip: Ask for a 2-room suite rather then a 'room' for only a handful of extra bucks, that is if no...
Dear "voyager-worldwide"
I was very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly striving to achieve the highest possible standards of service and therefore we are processing already the implementation of our very own in-house gym.
Thank you once again for sharing your comments, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

My husband & i went to Beirut for the first time during New Year celebration and stayed at Coral Suites hotel for 5 days. It was a pleasant stay, neat and clean hotel. The stuff were friendly but unfortunately one of the receptionist whom we asked for help to get a taxi to go for a ride. He charged us double the amount that should be paid. I think there should be better supervision on the employees to avoid such incidents.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much Mrs. Dina for sharing your feedback and specially the negative experience you had regarding the receptionist and taxi arrangement.
We take your complaint as a gift, since it shows us our drawbacks and provides us with the opportunity to improve our services!
Please be reassured that we have taken appropriate corrective measures to avoid any recurrence of such shortfalls, and we would be glad to welcoming you again.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very good place to stay. Nice service and very helpfull personel. Clean, nice and well eqiupped rooms. In the center so easy to get anywhere at Hamra. Ask for 9th floor rooms - great view over Beirut at the night.

Room Tip: Ask for 8th or 9th floor rooms :) balconies and great views.
1 Thank Julio_Traveller
CORAL SUITES HO... A, Manager at Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
I was very pleased to know that you, Mr. "Julio_Traveller" enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly striving to achieve the highest possible standards of service so it is most rewarding for my team to know that we have met your expectations.
Thank you once again for sharing your comments, and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel some time in the not so far future.
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I have stayed in this hotel with 22 other fellows for two month and a half and we had the worst experience, They had a bad service, also they stole our stuff form the rooms like money and phones, I respect others recommendations but to be honest the have asked us to write them something nice here but because I don't want others to have the same experience I recommend you not even think of staying in it otherwise you may face the same mistake and because we already payed for it, we couldn't change it.

2 Thank capulcu2013
Dear Mr. M***** (name withheld)
Thank you for your feedback of your stay; however, we are deeply concerned and most of all astonished to read your comments in spite of having provided you with all your requests that even included upgrading you to a Business Suite along with other additional features free of charge.
We are truly sorry that the fact that you had to bear charges for an additional person staying with you guided you to such an overall negative perception of our hotel.
Referring to your accusations of "theft from rooms" we had evidently refuted your statement and sincerely trusted on your understanding of our detailed investigations shared with you, and that the video survey records clearly show WHO entered unauthorized other guest rooms.
Please be reassured Mr. M****** that we do appreciate criticism as a gift for us in order to improve our product and services as long as they are valid and without falsehood. I believe it is in your interest and well appreciated by you that we do not disclose further details and image material. Additionally, I am glad to bring to your notice that we had successfully removed the bath towel intended to block the toilet drainage.
We, the entire team of the CORAL SUITES HOTEL AL HAMRA, take this opportunity for wishing you prosperity and peace in this new year 2014.