“Phenomenal Experience!”

Ranked #1 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Ibadan, Nigeria
“Phenomenal Experience!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I planned to surprise my wife on our 1st year anniversary and thus booked at Le Gray. From the moment we entered that space, we felt the difference. Our hostess was remarkable, our room was amazing. Everything in order and in place, remarkable Interior design and architecture. Fine dining at Indigo is not to be missed. As soon as they new it was a wedding anniversary, upgrades fell from the sky, cakes entering every once in a while ... i tell you .... i have not been treated like that in Vegas! Great experience, we will definitely repeat it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Salim K
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Salim K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Le Gray. I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy first anniversary.

Knowing that we were able to make the experience so memorable is music to our ears! It was truly a team effort, from our Rooms Division to those at Indigo on the Roof restaurant.

I certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Rana K. El-Khoury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I rate this hotel 6. Excellent staff, detail to guest needs and wants. Since we travel a lot and stay in many types of hotel, I would have to say Le Gray has the edge. I think they should show some if the other so called 5 star rating hotels a few ideas. Keep up the great service. We will be recommending this hotel to our friends for sure. Will be visiting the Carlisle in Antigua next time I go home to the Caribbean.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nadia K,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray during your recent visit to Beirut.

I am delighted to read such wonderful comments. It is feedback such as yours that motivates us to keep doing what we do, ensuring the best quality of service at all times.

I hope you will have the opportunity to stay at our sister hotel in Antigua, Carlisle Bay, and you will revisit us at Le Gray in the very near future.

cairo
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Le Gray is a very luxurious, hip boutique hotel with a cozy family feeling thanks to the wonderfully helpful and friendly staff and large, well-appointed and comfortable rooms. I stayed there for almost a month for work and it was perfect. The staff did whatever they could to accommodate our many requests. There was no business office but you don't need one. Reception took care of all requests. It's also got a great location, in the heart of Solidere, surrounded by ancient churches and mosques and roman ruins, good restaurants and upscale shopping, and a short walk from the Prime Ministry, Zeitouna Bay and Ashrafia. Beautiful and interesting artwork and a lovely aqua blue eternity pool overlooking the city.

Room Tip: Ask for the view you want, overlooking the sea or the ancient mosques and churches
Dear CairoWelltraveled,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am thrilled to hear that everything was ‘perfect’ and you enjoyed our facilities and rooms, not to mention the consistently high level of service. Such feedback is most encouraging to the team who work extremely hard.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Gray in the very near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Le Gray Beirut is an amazing hotel, but outside of the great location, amazing rooms, what differentiates this hotel from every other 5 star hotel in the world is it's SERVICE & CONCIERGE.

Lisa Jerejian who heads the Concierge was amazing in providing us great restaurant recommendations and made our experience one to remember forever. In addition, the staff (Maher Abou Tacca) was so great to us and made my wife experiences great. This is the best hotel in Beirut and the only hotel in Beirut to stay.

I can't say enough great things about the hotels staff and feel every hotel can learn something from this hotel.

Thanks Le Gray and see you soon.

Raees Ebrahim

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Raees Ebrahim,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share with us your feedback on trip advisor.

I am thrilled to see you have enjoyed your stay and that the team was a major part of making your visit an enjoyable one.

Both Maher and Lisa were extremely happy and grateful you have specifically mentioned their efforts.

We all look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

General manager
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Best hotel in lebanon and in the middle of beirut were we have shopping and restaurant and you feel the christmas spirits every were, the restaurant superb quality and qunatity keep on and great job to every one

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Rami K,

Thank you for staying with us recently during your business trip to Beirut.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience at Le Gray, and really appreciated the fact that you took the time to log in your feedback on trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Travelling on a charitable trip and stayed here. Our group was very impressed with the setting, the rooms, the friendly staff, and cleanliness of the outside and inside. Seemed like we were staying in Hawaii. You cannot go wrong and will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have the best views
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear William W,

Thank you for choosing Le Gray for your recent stay with us. I hope your charitable visit was most successful.

I am extremely happy to see you have enjoyed our facilities and rooms and especially our service. Feedback such as yours is what entices us to offer the best quality of service at all times!

I look forward to welcome you back to Le Gray in the near future,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a very happy festive season and a wonderful New Year

pesaro
Reviewed 10 December 2013

this is the e-mail i wrote to Mrs. Rita Chbeir Saad (public relation manager of Le Gray Hotel in Beirut).Dear Rita,
here below my comments regarding my staying at Le Gray Hotel in Beirut the 6th and 7th December 2013.

Arrival by taxi in the area in front of the Hotel.
It was a total disaster. The area in front of the hotel entrances was like a Bazar, too many cars parked in the front of the small entrance without any order, create only a confusion not an organized services, too many employees doing same job, creating even more confusion three persons to get our luggages out of the taxi, too many cars allowed to enter to the small arrival area at the same time, to add to that, the taxi driver that took us from the airport to the Le Gray Hotel was trying to rape me in the sense that he was asking $ 100 for a journey from the airport to the Le Gray Hotel that should me maximum $ 20. The hotel employee that was collecting the bags was listening to the conversation without try at all to protect the hotel client to be raped. They know it, there are arrival from the airport all the time, they should protect the clients not to be raped it is a nice thing to do that qualify the hotel or the contrary if they don't do it.

Lobby:
inside the lobby, there were three desks with two chairs in front of each of them, in front of our desk, the first on the right, a young blond lady was on duty, two persons were seated in the two chairs, there were not hotel clients but friend of the lady having a private meeting? I don't know. I had to wait to do the cheek in when they have finish their conversation. The first impression you receive at the reception of Le Gray Hotel is a sense of confusion and a disorganized service.

Arrival at the room 216,
The lift very clean and fast. The central round area from the lift to reach the room was covered by a stinking light grey-blue carpet, you could feel the dust, you could feel a very bad air in all the areas of the hotel, very unhealthy.
Inside the room, the same feeling of uncleaned room and was even even stinking, the windows could not be opened. You could feel that the room was superficially cleaned.
The luggages arrived after 15 minutes, i had to call twice to receive them in the room.
Going out to the first appointment.
A real disaster, i call for 30 minutes from the room to get a porter because i need to take my luggages to the meeting, no one reply for 30 minutes, that was between 15,30 and 16,00 of the arrival day, I had to carry myself two very heavy luggages to the taxi, when the 5 or 6 employees at the reception sow me arriving in the lobby from the room with the two heavy bags they all come around me to help, "i have refused to give them the luggages", it was too late.
Again all the employee working in the hotel front area were not able to find a taxi, not calling a radio taxi, not looking to get a taxi, they didn't take care of me, they were not interested, i had to start shouting to receive some attention and one of them start searching for a taxi. Only a great sense of confusion without any common sense.

When i come back from my meeting, I meet you and i let you know what was happened. I have received later a letter of excuse in my room.

In the evening when i arrive back at the hotel from the dinner, i saw again the same confusion in the lobby and the same feeling of disorganization.
i ask the reception if it was possible to open the windows of the room 216, it was not possible so they moved me to a new bigger room 315 with a balcony were I could open the windows, the room was clean and not stinking because was without carpet, this as a confirmation that is the carpet that stink and is full of dust.

What is missing at my opinion is : A CLEAR JOB DESCRIPTION TO EACH ONE OF YOUR EMPLOYEE, they are doing all the same things without any criteria.

The bed :
very uncomfortable sleep, the was a rubber sheet to protect the mattress that was very unpleasant, i had to took it away, the bed sheets were in a synthetic fabric very unpleasant.

The breakfast at the 5th floor was nice, the worst thing there were orrible wacs sculptures all over the 5th floor. Bad taste, should be removed.

I had a lunch at the Cafè, the food was good, the service was terrible, we ask for two bottles of mineral water, : 1 without gas normal temperature and 1 with gas chilled, we have receive two with gas chilled but only one glass, we ask to change the wrong one, we have finally received the correct one but only with one glass, i drink directly from the bottle (we had only one glass) even in front of the waiter but he didn't understand my message. Also at the restaurant a lot of waiters running everywhere but in a very disorganized way.

I suggest to send all your employees at the reception to go to have a coffee at The Four Seasons Hotel in Beirut, to go and see how to serve the client from the arrival moment to his departure. It is a five stars hotel as you are but in comparison you should be maximum a 3 stars hotel. A different class over there. Everything is perfect. Send your receptionist, your staff of the arrival area. Your waiters. Send them for 1 hour a day as going to school. They have to see and learn.

I suggest to do the following thing at Le Gray Hotel :

Arrival area, get the rope, like at the airport, to delimit the arrival area, an employee should open the rope only to let in one car at the time, let the car inside the arrival area, let the client out, take the luggages out and the car leave from the other side. You open to the next car, etc. you will be fast, the client will notice it, one employee is responsible to collect of the luggages and deliver them in the room together with the client.

The arrival area should always be a free area, not with too many peoples, only the necessary one, also you should have a telephone outside to call the radio taxi for the clients.

The reception, I would eliminate the chairs in front of the three desks because there used from peoples that have nothing to do and they are not clients, the chairs are dirty.

The reception is a very important area for the hotel, has to be perfectly organized.

I also suggest to change the uniform, they are old models.

At the restaurant cafè, near the lobby, you should have a professional "restaurant manager" to supervise the waiters, give their job description and rules. Same thing at the Reception area.

CLEAN, CLEAN THE HOTEL FROM THE DUST IN EVERY AREA, YOU CAN FEEL THE DUST AND THE STINK, IN THE ROOMS AND ALSO IN THE SPACE AROUND THE ROOMS.

ORGANIZE WELL THE ARRIVAL AREA.

This is my opinion,

Best wishes,
eo

2 Thank eo b
Rana E, General Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear eo b,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.

I have indeed received your letter through our Public Relations Manager; I will personally take the time to review it and I will get back to you separately regarding each and every point.
We are conducting regular service audit checks and we have already addressed the several helpful points you have raised. Please accept our apologies for the frustrations you have encountered during your stay.

May I take this opportunity to wish you a very happy Festive Season.