Le Gray Beirut
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscigar loungeindigo restaurantmassage sessionvisited lecorner suiteinfinity poolcoffee machinerooftop restaurantheart of downtownfour seasonsprofessional staffluxury hotelgreat hospitalityrooms are largerestaurants and barsamazing serviceamazing hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent Hotel, Small Leading Hotels of the Word. Luxury Boutique Hotel.
Very good staff, nice and spacious rooms.
Great Location. (city center)
Great Spa. If you are a couple, I strongly recommend the duo massage followed by champagne and chocolate fondue. Excellent experience.
Great Restaurant. Another very good point is that breakfast is served until 11h30 during the week and until 12h00 on Sundays. Very few hotels are doing that and it is really appreciated.
Pool on the roof.
Few drawbacks:
Beds and Pillows could be improved.
Restaurant is charging 20 000 LL (13,50 USD) for 2 glasses of local water.
Having a massage booked at 14h30, we asked if we can keep the room until 14h. Late checkout was refused because room was booked just after us, so we gave back the room at 12:30, however, having forgotten something in the safe, I came back in the room at 16:30 and it was not even cleaned, still in the same state that was left 4 hours earlier.
Appart from those little points, we had an excellent stay and we will come back.

Room Tip: There are bars on Uruguay street next to the hotel and Iris as well but windows are good and cover most of the noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear cscay,

Thank you for your review on our Tripadvisor page.

I was thrilled to read all the lovely comments regarding your stay and that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel including the location, the service, the rooms and your spa treatments. We always look for ways to enhance the experience of our guests and it is feedback such as yours that greatly assists us in doing so.

Regarding the comment you raised, I can only apologise for the issue regarding the late check out. This must have been frustrating and we are sorry to have let you down. As a gesture of goodwill, allow me to extend a late check out on your next stay with us.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Le Gray, Beirut in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was spectacular. Everything was perfect - I would give 6 stars if I could. This is the experience I will judge all other hotel visits by from now on. Every request was handled competently, quickly, and professionally. The room was clean and everything was new.

One thing that exemplifies how great they were: I needed my suit and shirt pressed for a wedding the next day. I had forgotten to get it done the day before, and I called down around midnight and asked if they could have it by noon the next day. They said no problem. Well, about 10 minutes later they knocked on the door and they had it all done. They said it was also on the house!

Michel at the front desk was great. He was completely friendly, helpful, and professional. Even when we checked in at 4 a.m.

Check out the awesome lounge / pool on the roof. Crazy beautiful view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank USBlues19
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear USBlues19,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us.

I was thrilled to read all the positive comments you made about our hotel and that you regard Le Gray, Beirut as a benchmark for all your future travel! As a member of the Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to offer our guests a truly memorable experience and the highest levels of customer service. The team found your words most encouraging, especially our Reception Manager, Michel Haber, who you kindly mentioned by name.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Want to pamper yourself, just head to Le Gray. Great rooms with a contemporary design. Food is lovely, staff is friendly, great pool on the rooftop. Cool restaurant, cigar lounge, Cafe right at downtown street and rooftop club.Cant find anything negative.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rony A
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Rony A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Tripadvisor page.

The team and I were delighted by your positive words. To know that you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel is most encouraging and we look forward to having the pleasure of your company again in the very near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in an executive suite for a week. The sound system (I-POD docking station cited on the website didn't exist) didn't work from day one. On day three of their continually trying to get it functioning they broke the TV/cable. Despite requesting daily that they repair both they only managed to get them functioning on the last and 6th day of the stay. Poor mgmt didn't apologize. And for a 5 star hotel you wouldn't expect that they penny pinch by never leaving you a bar of soap or shower gel/shampoo unless you call to specifically request them - again daily. Lastly be prepared to wait at least 30-45 minutes outside in the sun while their car service takes its time to come pick you up from the airport, and this only once you manage to find the intern - God willing - in the airport near the door (hopefully) sent to collect you. Too bad because it is a pretty hotel with tasty cocktails. Next time will stay at the Four Seasons.

Stayed: July 2014
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mr. Stephen_Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

Le Gray, Beirut prides itself on high guest satisfaction levels thus we were most saddened to read the comments you wrote regarding your stay. We have been busy investigating the issues you raised and can only apologise for the difficulties you had regarding the TV. As you know, we have an iPod cable that connects to the TV, enabling you to play music and although we were unable to fix this on the spot, we ensured it was handled within 24 hours. We have since reviewed the wording on our website and have amended it to be clearer.

Furthermore, we were very surprised to learn that you waited for your airport pick up as we always keep track of flight times and did not notice a delay on your flight nor have a record of a complaint being raised from your side. We always send in our booking confirmation letters the exact location of the hotel car and our representative as it is a much smoother method for guests to find us (the terminal building is often crowded). The interim you refer to is actually our new trainee airport representative, Tracey who is polite, courteous and most importantly trained, in welcoming guests to Beirut.

As we genuinely care about the experience you had, I would like to invite you to send your contact details to publicrelations@legray.com It would be a pleasure to speak to you directly.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment you enter the hotel, you feel at home, and right smack in the lap of luxury...not a stuffy or uptight place. You feel so comfortable and at ease in the atmosphere. The rooms are fully equipped to make your stay perfect...all the amenities were amazing. And most importantly...CLEAN ROOM....pristine.

The spa was fabulous. People very helpful and patient and really good at their jobs. Actually all the hotel employees I came in contact with we're fabulous and would bend over backwards to make my stay perfection.

The restaurants are great too. Breakfast buffet was delicious and all fresh. The only thing I would say was a bit bothersome was the smell of the floor outside my room....smelled really funky...other than that, everything was perfect!

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and I cannot wait to stay there again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Vivecca Chatila,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our Tripadvisor page.

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Le Gray, Beirut and had the opportunity to sample our restaurants and spa services. We constantly strive to offer our guests the highest service standards whilst making them feel at home. Knowing that we were able to satisfy your needs and expectations is like music to our ears!

I personally look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.