“One of the best in Beirut.”
Review of Le Gray Beirut

Le Gray Beirut
Ranked #1 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

A hotel located in the center. It's very comfortable, but also nosy.
Suits are large, modern and clean. But balconies are extremely small.
Service was on a high level, stuff is helpful enough. Breakfast was poor for this level of hotel.
All impression of the hotel is very positive. It's a good chose for business trip of if you travel alone.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Margo C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about us on TripAdvisor.

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Le Gray, Beirut and your overall impressions were positive. We consistently strive to offer our guests the highest service standards whilst making them feel at home; and knowing that we were able to satisfy your needs is most rewarding.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about le gray. I'll start with the positive. Location is superb. Right in the downtown of beirut. Lovely facilities and staff are always smiling. As for the negatives, I'll write about my own experiance.

The AC was not working at all in the room. After complaining several times and taking two showers, the staff decided to send someone up at 2.38am with a vacuum to clean the filters. 15 minutes later and after a lot of noise, the AC was working very well but there was a lot of dust everywhere and my fiancé had an asthma attack. Rather than sending us to another room of equal equivalence with clean air, they decide us to a downgraded small double room (from our kind bed) and initially wanted us to pack our things to take along with us until I reminded him that it's 3am in the morning! In both cases we couldn't sleep in the smaller room as we always book king size beds to sleep comfortably and decided to go up to our room and keep the windows open till around 5.30am when we fell asleep.

Rita Saad, one of the hotel managers, was kind enough to come up and apologize for the trouble that we went through. They managed to compensate by offering champagne and cake during the evening as it was my fiancé's birthday and our 40 month anniversary. What worried me though is that I had the DND (do not disturb) button on when they entered the room. That meant that the hotel did not respect the privacy of its guests.

What frustrated me was that I wanted it to be a five star experiance, not an average 3 or 4 star one. Plus when I went to finalize the bill, I noticed that they will manage to take extra than what's documented on the website. BE CAREFUL AND DOUBLE CHECK!!

I also asked for an added hour check out time. At first they were complaining until I firmly reminded them that we went through a lot and that this was the minimum that they could do for us.

Would I come back again? On an average occasion most likely. For something special, I would stick with the four seasons like I did last year. I never would expect to go to a 5 star hotel and complain about the heavy amount of dust due to their filter vacuuming at 3am in the morning. (Will provide photos)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christiane90
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Christiane90,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our Tripadvisor page.

After reading your comments, I wanted to apologise once again for the inconvenience you were caused regarding the air conditioning. As we were concerned about the asthma suffered by yourself and your fiancé, we offered a move on the spot. Our prime concern was to provide you with a room just to spend the remainder of the night and it was the only one we had available due to high occupancy. We are sorry you viewed this as a downgrade but it simply was not the case.

I want to assure you that we consider guest privacy to be of paramount importance. Our Guest Relations team wanted to surprise you and your fiancé with bed decoration, champagne and strawberries. Although you were on DND, as you had informed the Room Service to ignore the sign and enter the room to place a birthday cake, we took the opportunity to place the additional surprises.

The booking you made was actually through www.booking.com. The website does state clearly that service charge of 12.5% and VAT of 10% are NOT included and when you proceed with the booking this message is reiterated. The rate that was presented to you upon check out was the final amount including the service charge.

I was delighted to meet you and your fiancé and truly hope to welcome you back to Le Gray, Beirut on a special occasion for a beautiful stay signé CampbellGray Hotels.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very nice hotel, beautiful and "arty" rooms located in the centre of Beirut.
Everything is walking distance from the hotel.
food was excellent. Everything from this place ticks the boxes of the perfect boutique hotel.
service is also excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aurélie T
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Aurelie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on our Tripadvisor page.

I was delighted to hear that you felt we ‘ticked all the boxes’ and you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay from the location of the hotel to the food and service.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray, Beirut in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Le grey hotel is located in most beautiful shopping area in Beirut it is just across the road to be in Solider a place to find the famous designer boutique. you can find a good local and international cuisine also you can have a good and clean she-shah.
i found a good cigar lounge there and the famous nightclub in the area.

Room Tip: avoid the rooms located in front cause the street is almost full of cars and peoples.also the regula...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear albadriah,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Tripadvisor page.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location of the hotel with its easy access to the shopping district and a host of restaurants.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray, Beirut in the very near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Le Gray ia in the heart of Beirut city where east meets west and old meets new just before your eyes. The rooms are spacious and the artwork in the room is very special and not commercial (i.e. not the kind ypu see at other hotels). The service is impeccable and the food is haute cuisine.
The rooftop bar is very lively at night and the infinity pool is great for a morning swim... The hotel is a short walking distance from the beautiful centre ville of Beirut which is great. A bit pricier than other hotels in town, but for all the good reasons.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akkkk
RitaCSaad, PR and Marketing Manager at Le Gray Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Akkk,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Tripadvisor page.

I was delighted to receive your review and to hear about all the things you enjoyed during your stay with us. The team is committed to working hard to satisfy the needs of every single guest and knowing that we satisfied yours is of great encouragement to us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray, Beirut in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

A very good option for a business stay in Beirut.
Hotel location is just few steps from Solidere area, the best shopping area in town.
Breakfast is very good, at hotek rooftop.
Gym is nice and quite, well equipped for a good workout.
Highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank FSGTW

Dear MFGT,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our Tripadvisor page.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location, the breakfast at Indigo on the Roof and the PureGray Health Club and Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Gray, Beirut in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Excellent Hotel, Small Leading Hotels of the Word. Luxury Boutique Hotel.
Very good staff, nice and spacious rooms.
Great Location. (city center)
Great Spa. If you are a couple, I strongly recommend the duo massage followed by champagne and chocolate fondue. Excellent experience.
Great Restaurant. Another very good point is that breakfast is served until 11h30 during the week and until 12h00 on Sundays. Very few hotels are doing that and it is really appreciated.
Pool on the roof.
Few drawbacks:
Beds and Pillows could be improved.
Restaurant is charging 20 000 LL (13,50 USD) for 2 glasses of local water.
Having a massage booked at 14h30, we asked if we can keep the room until 14h. Late checkout was refused because room was booked just after us, so we gave back the room at 12:30, however, having forgotten something in the safe, I came back in the room at 16:30 and it was not even cleaned, still in the same state that was left 4 hours earlier.
Appart from those little points, we had an excellent stay and we will come back.

Room Tip: There are bars on Uruguay street next to the hotel and Iris as well but windows are good and cover m...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cscay,

Thank you for your review on our Tripadvisor page.

I was thrilled to read all the lovely comments regarding your stay and that you enjoyed so many aspects of the hotel including the location, the service, the rooms and your spa treatments. We always look for ways to enhance the experience of our guests and it is feedback such as yours that greatly assists us in doing so.

Regarding the comment you raised, I can only apologise for the issue regarding the late check out. This must have been frustrating and we are sorry to have let you down. As a gesture of goodwill, allow me to extend a late check out on your next stay with us.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Le Gray, Beirut in the very near future.