“The leading Hotel in Beirut”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Köln
“The leading Hotel in Beirut”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I had the pleasure to stay in this wonderful hotel for a short week for business reasons. This is the 4th hotel I am staying in Beirut and definitely by first choice. The location is great (walking distance to town) and the staff is simply outstanding. Besides their professionalism and way to make their guests really welcome, they find the right line between great service, being friendly and not being "too much", simply classy. This is for me, a woman traveling for business on my own to a lot of places, very important. The rooms are very nice, big and clean (I always would ask for sea view and highs lever because there is still a lot of construction noise in Beirut going on everywhere at lower floors), loved the L'Occitaine products in the bathroom. Breakfast is just great made me eat too much!! I just missed some more variety of this great Lebanese specialties on the in room dining. The Restaurant food quality wasn't my cup of tea at later hours. But the HIGHLIGHT is the roof top Pool & Bar & Lounge with this incredible look over Beirut with an incredible staff. On day time it is a great place to relax or to work (wireless works perfect up there) and to enjoy fresh smoothies. My staff and I literally worked from their all day. The only drag for me was the music which was like lounge chill out music, repeating every day. Being a music fan I realized that some places in the middle east like to play this terrible music. I understand that this should be relaxing music.. but there is so much great music around the world performed by human beings.... and not loops....also for chill out...what about Michel Buble, Matt Bianco, Jamie Cullum, Norah Jones, Shade, Bebel Gilberto? Why is a high class hotel going so mainstream instead of having class also in music (pls excuse my excursion!!)? In the night time the ROOFTOP BAR turns into one of the hottest spaces in town with a DJ (music increasing and at least some great R& B and Disco from the 80's). You will see the dressed up beauties of the city enjoying food and drinks. The gym & sauna are very fine, clean and you will taken care of so well. Internet working everywhere there. I will definitely come back and give my "thumbs up".

Room Tip: I would choose rooms at highest level to avoid noise from the construction all over Beirut. As highe...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 18 October 2011
Dear Catniched,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. We were truly delighted that we succeeded in providing you with an outstanding experience across all hotel outlets and facilities and in particular the service and attentiveness of our employees.

I am happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed the comfort of your room and have favored our L’Occitane products. It’s wonderful that you were able to enjoy Beirut by day & night from our roof top. I have noted your comments regarding the pool’s music selection. I can assure you that I will personally discuss it with our Director of F&B and see how we could further enhance it. At your leisure, please do send us your contact details or call the hotel at 961 1 761 000 and ask for me directly, as I’d love to know more of your input on our restaurant and in-room dinning food selection.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stefan Simkovics

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Just returned from 3 nights at 4 Seasons Beirut for business. Was concerned by some of the negative reviews but had a great experience due to excellent facilities and superlative staff. I checked in at 3AM and was greeted warmly and promptly. Unfortunately, I was assigned a smoking room (no fault of hotel, non-smoking was not specified by booking agent), but the desk staff quickly moved me to a nice non-smoking room that was truly fume residual free. I lost my seaview, but the city view was nice at night. The room was generous and comfortable. Complementary bottles of water in bathroom and fast wireless internet ($30/day) that is available also at the poolside. The hotel is located along the waterfront with a lot of construction in front along the seaside. What that will look like in future years will be interesting. First morning I went left out of hotel and walked to a commercial area. Found a local sandwich shop where some patrons helped me choose their favorite (feta, tomatoe, cucumber, olives) along with an espresso. Sat nearby on the Corniche with the fresh food and watched the fisherman. Later that evening we turned right out of the hotel and made the short walk to Beirut Central District and the Souk for outdoor cafes, shopping, and mingling. Great places to sit, eat, drink, and indulge in shisha (if that is your choice, it certainly is most everyones!).
The pool facility at the hotel is excellent. I spent an afternoon up there working. There are many comfortable places to sit for sun or work including tables, lounges, and couches. The staff are incredibly nice and helpful with a constant supply of water, snacks, towels, etc. The pool is on the top floor so there is a panoramic view of the sea, the city, and the surrounding mountains. Only minor picky point is that the pool, while lovely, does not have the length to support swimming laps. After 7PM the area becomes a vibrant and dynamic bar.
I read other complaints about the cigarette smoking. It is true the lobby area allows smoking, but that is pretty much true of all of Lebanon that I experienced (most notable in the airport where my immigration officer had a lighted cigarette). The second floor restaurant and breakfast buffet appeared to be non-smoking and was certainly comfortable. The breakfast buffett itself was very nice with fresh figs, many local fruits, wonderful cheese/yoguurt mezze, and local egg dishes available.
Finally, all the staff that I engaged were incredibly helpful and friendly.
Beirut is a lovely city with dynamic and vibrant people. This is my second time there and for my third, I'll gladly return to 4 Seasons.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Dear Aequanimitas,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor on our property.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and had wonderful time at the hotel and in particularly the pool. I was so happy to read that you’ve had good time in the city and had the chance to walk around especially along the Corniche and in Beirut’s downtown. I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities especially the breakfast buffet and our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut in the near future.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed 4 nights with my husband during long weekend trip in October. Rooms are great, very spacious, location is central and walking distance to downtown. Very nice terrace. One minor disappointment was a construction site right in front of the hotel - we had sea view, and it was a pity to have it disturbed. Also, the construction is on-going, so the sound of the trucks is heard even from 16th floor where we were (not in the rooms though, they are very well sound-proof), not to mention from the 2nd floor where we had breakfasts... Great swimming-pool on the roof which turns into a stylish launge at night. Best of all we appreciate the impeccable service. All the staff is very professional, friendly, and ready to go extra step. Consierge helped us with arranging transportation both to nearby restaurants, as well as to Jetta grotto and Byblos. Her reccommendations for the restaurant were also very helpful. It was also a nice extra to have free hotel transportation to the restaurant at night!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Dear Alexandra K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Beirut and for your kind comments, in particular regarding the service and attentiveness of our employees.

I am glad you enjoyed the pool, and The Roof lounge at night. I will personally convey your nice words to the concierge, the ladies in the team will be very happy to hear them.

We highly understand the inconvenience caused by Zaytouneh Bay’s project and the noise it produces, we hope that by summer of next year this will be all solved when the project is completed.

Again thank you and we will be looking forward for your next visit.

dubai
Reviewed 10 October 2011

easy to reach, 15 min drive from airport. Four Seasons is a sky scraper in front of the yacht harbour of the city. our room had a nice big balcony with full sea view. good size rooms, nice bathrooms.
If you are a non-smoker you will suffer in the restaurants as smoking is allowed everywhere. Even if there is a "non smoking area" it won't help as you will still sit in the same room.
service and staff were helpful and polite. hotel location is good for exploring the city. you can walk to downtown beirut pedestrian zone in only 10 minutes.
the only bad thing is, that there are some constructions going on in the harbour area in front of the hotel. So during work days and during working hours, you won't be able to enjoy the balcony because the noise is a killer.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DubaiIbnbattuta
Dear DubaiIbnbattuta,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with your room, the facility and all the staff you encountered throughout your stay. The photo taken from your room of the coast and the mountains is beautiful.

We highly understand the inconvenience caused by Zaytouneh Bay’s project and we hope that this issue will be solved by summer of next year when the project is completed. This would give a different perspective of the view in front of the hotel and our terraces will be the place to spend most of your time enjoying the view.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Beirut
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed there with a group for around 2 weeks. The Hotel's location is good. The rooms are very nice and spacious (we had a junior suite). But above all, the service was excellent, very professional and the servers were very friendly and attentive.
However, there was one supervisor on the front desk (during the day) that was a bit arrogant, for no reason apparently and he rarely smiles. For this kind of a Hotel, its a pity that such a person might totally ruin the experience. Anyway, we were not affected much by this one person as we avoided him at all costs. Otherwise the staff was excellent! They would really put an effort to make your stay enjoyable.
The rooftop pool was great, although i have to admit that i found the pool menu wanting.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I used to stay at the neighboring Phoenicia Intercontinental Hotel but the Four Seasons Hotel is by far superior. I hope it can maintain this level.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Soly20
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Soly20,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback following your stay at our hotel. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and was overall satisfied with the level of service.

I was really sorry to read that we didn’t manage to meet your expectations at the front desk. I have notified our Front Office Manager to ensure that this doesn't occur with future guests as this is not the level of service we are known for providing.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing to spend your time with us. We will be looking forward to welcoming you again.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I reserved a four season room (sea view) with a good offer (pay two nights and the third is free). The hotel location is superb and just 5 minutes walking from the down town area and facing the marina. The receptionist was very welcoming and took me right away to my room. Fortunately, they upgraded my room to a junior suite (sea view) which was really nice from their side. The room is relatively big, clean and well decorated. The room has two nicely bathrooms. The bed was so comfy.

I liked the fact that the kitchen works 24/7 on all the orders written on the food menu. However, I had to call to request for a food menu. I also didn't find any booklet about the the hotel services and numbers !
One more issue i found is that the shower marble had some stain (rust-like) and the drainage of that shower was not working properly.

Generally, I believe that the hotel is one of the top 3 hotels in beirut and I will stay in it the next time i visit beirut.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor !
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 3 October 2011
Dear SaudiGT,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for considering Four Seasons Hotel Beirut as your home for your next visit.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered with the menu and the shower, this has been noted down and will be shared with the team to be avoided with future guests.

I really liked the images posted from your stay of the room and the view which shows the hotel’s location, hopefully this area will turn into a green space and lively area next year.

Again thank you and we will be looking forward for your next visit.

DUBAI
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Actually I made my booking before reviewing on trip advisor, since I was in a hurry to make a quick reservation to my family weekend surprise. And honestly I was scared when I read all those negative reviews (which all turned to be not true in my opinion). Honestly I can say that, this hotel got one of the best customer service and staff attitudes you can get in a 5 star hotel. All the staff treats you with a smile, and they always acknowledge you by your name with very friendly manner when communicating over the phone or in person. I was very happy that I took my family to the four seasons, since it is more relaxed rather than Phoenicia next door. The staff always tries to go the extra mile to make you happy, until now I remember the way the lady on the reception rush behind us to give us an umbrella because it was raining (Many thanks Nojood), and the hotel can arrange for your transportation with a driver from AVIS, which was really a peace of mind and very relaxing experience in a luxury clean cars with a driver who knows the best places to visit and the best times as well. In summery the four seasons in Beirut it in my top 3 hotel list I have been to in my whole life.

Room Tip: Don't miss a lunch in Muneer resturant in Bremana mountain ( Reservation required), Again Don...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Dear UAEFOREX,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to read such a positive review and happy to hear you enjoyed the facilities and service you received on your recent stay. I will be sure to pass on your thanks and appreciation to our staff and to our partners AVIS.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.