All reviewssea viewrooftop poolturn down servicezaitunay bayexcellent locationbeautiful hotelcafes and restaurantsamazing servicemediterranean seaexcellent stayluxury hotelenjoyed my stayspecial thanksfsspaconciergelounge
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I cannot begin to describe our stay so far as it has been an amazing place. The staff go above and beyond, the rooms are perfect and I have never been in a hotel with better and faster elevators in my life, we travel all over from the far east and beyond, and this hotel beats them all. The positive energy is felt from the moment you step foot here, I would tell everyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear muzo1,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

Hope you had a great holiday and wish you a great year ahead, Happy New Year!

I look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I have tried all the 5 star hotels in Beirut. The four seasons is above them all. Rooms may not be the biggest but all have sea views and balconies. The hotel is very close to the downtown, corniche and not that far from the airport. Service is attentive and discreet. Best place for business stay in Beirut.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Taipan888
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Dear Taipan888,

I highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and I am delighted to note that you’ve enjoyed the hotel, your room and sincerely appreciate you complementing our service which automatically reflects our staff.

Thank you for speaking highly of the hotel and recommending it for business stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2011

The hotels not only has an excellent location but is extremely well managed.The staff is very alert and quick to remember guest names. They are anticipatory and almost always ahead of the game by having all the answers ready on all levels. The restaurant is superb. Because of inclement weather the pool area ,although open , could not be used. The view however is spectacular.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear JoyTravellervienna,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff.

Sorry to hear that you couldn’t enjoy a dip in our pool due to the weather however I am glad you’ve enjoyed the view of Lebanon from up there.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. And again thank you for sharing your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights in November 2011 so as to attend a conference being held at the hotel. Before being informed by the conference organiser that a conference rate of between US$300 and US$400 was available, the FS internet site quoted approx $600 per night. Hence I was expecteding lavish grandeur.

I normally stay in Hiltons etc and am a Diamond level member of Hhonors.

I had no particular issue whilsy staying here and found the general feel of the hotel to be fine. However, this propery lacks the sense of luxury of other FS properties.

As mentioned in other reviews, there is a massive ugly building site located right outside the main view from generally all rooms. The lobby areas are extrenely plain.Furninhing and fittings in the room was good but nothing in excess of a Ritz Carlton or a Conrad (HIlton)

I noted that there seemed to be something unusual with the 4 lifts/elevators when I needed to use them. They seemed to have 2 of the 4 shut off and I had to wait at least 3 minutes to get into one on one occasion. I expect that the hotel was only 20% full and they shut down some lifts (I was able to see on the dials that 2 lifts were permanently 'stuck' on the ground floor.

One other item looked strange to me. In my room Minibar, a half bottle of Chateau Musar 2001 (local lebanese Red wine) was priced at 25,000LP but when I dined in the Grill room one nighet, a full bottle of the same wine and vintage (2001) was on the wine list at 142,000LP representing an approximate uplift of 300% compared to the in room price? [This was 'explained' to me as having a higher price due to the 'Fine Dining' Experience provided in the Grill Room] !!! I thought this to be incredible !

I am afraid that unless one has a consistent pricing policy for these items, then one looses all credibility in terms of the product offering and essentially suggests that one is being 'ripped off'. Maybe not me in this case as I did not have this wine with the meal but certainly the 'Fine' Diners of the Grill room buying local wine.

I also had some poor service at breakfast where it took 10 minutes (and the need for a reminder) to have coffee and orange juice. Coffee, OJ and fruit buffet for US$25 was also excessive when one factors in the service level.

I consider this property to be very similar to other Luxury Chains (Ritz Carlton or Conrads) but for me it boils down to price relative to deliverables and at FS Beirut this is not a runner. I would consider staying here again at a 200-300US$ rate but certainly not excess of this.

Nowhere near the $600 per night quoted.

Room Tip: Higher is better since you have less of a view of the building site.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank EuroTravellerPG
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear EuroTravellerPG,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel. I was, however, very sorry to learn of your disappointment with several aspects of your stay. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and I apologise that on this occasion this was not the case. We take feedback very seriously and as such, I will be discussing your comments with the Front Office Manager for the elevator and F&B Director in regards to your comments on the wine and your breakfast experience.

I would be very interested to learn more and help address some of your concerns, if you would like to have a more in depth discussion and you feel that I can help, please contact me directly on Stefan.simkovics@fourseasons.com and we can arrange a time to speak.

We all hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on future occasions.

Once again, I appreciate you putting your comments out there and I look forward to addressing them in person.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

From the moment we arrived to the time we departed, the staff was exceptionally interested in providing the highest level of service. We had a car waiting at the airport (which is highly recommended in Beirut) and when we arrived, we were personally greeted at the door and escorted to our room. The concierge handled check-in for us.

Our room was quite large with a balcony overlooking the Mediterranean sea. As a new hotel, the room appointments were top-of-the-line. Internet and fruit were always available. Room service was quick and accurate. You could not ask for more.

The lounge and restaurant were exceptional and the service was very concerned with all aspects of our meal being superior.

The hotel is located very close to the center of town but at the same time was near the Mediterranean sea. We were in walking distance to a very high scale mall near the city center.

All-in-all, a truly exceptional hotel experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Mediterranean sea
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Dear Fubar123,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor from your most recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut.