“Great Hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have spent one night in this hotel after finishing my 4 days skiing trip in Faraya. It is an elegant quiet hotel with excellent location. It is located in downtown Beirut with only few steps away from their nice Yacht marina and about ten minutes walk to the famous Solidere and Beirut Souks. The room is spacious and offers a large balcony, extra comfortable bed, and a nice sea view. The bathroom is also spacious and offers both shower area and a bath tub.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Dear Sulch,

We are delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was truly an enjoyable one. Hope you had a great time skiing on Lebanon’s most beautiful mountains and ski slopes.

Your kind comments are well appreciated, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on Trip Advisor and for posting the lovely shot of the marina.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons the next time you are in Beirut.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

by far the best hotel in beirut....the check in is extremely personalized not to mention the porsche airport pickup was a lovely touch....the food is to die for..the breakfast has to be the best i have ever had in the world. the concierge were extremely helpful...an absolute delight

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear gaurav797,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities and our staff, especially the concierge.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel before and the treatment is amazing you should check out the spa while visiting there , the lounge is a fun place to be with friends and in the summer don't miss visiting the pool area the view is amazing loved it

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Dear mirna k,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut and for your kind comments, regarding the service, the Spa, the Lounge and the Pool.

Delighted that you have celebrated the New Year’s with us in Lebanon and has had a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

I had looked forward to a stay at the Four Seasons Beirut for a long time, and was happy to have the opportunity to stay for 3 nights over Christmas. I was very curious, since reviews in the previous few months had been a bit mixed. I had also stayed at 2 very different Four Seasons properties in the previous two months: one in the Arabian Gulf region and one in North America, so I felt I had a good basis for comparison. In any case, I was pleased with my stay. I had a 7th floor sea view room. The room decor is a bit off: it seems as though in attempting to be both a bit contemporary and Middle Eastern, the effect is bland, but not offensive. However, it still had the top quality furnishings and finish work one would expect in a Four Seasons. All of the usual Four Seasons hospitality "extras" were there: a box of glazed fruit in the room upon arrival, a small buche de Noel left in the room on Christmas Eve, turn down service, etc. The front desk staff were courteous and professional, as was the army of porters at the door, who were at the ready to find taxis and offer umbrellas (there was torrential rain on Christmas Eve and steady rain at other times). I used the gym and found it well equipped, but did not eat in any of the hotel restaurants. The concierge gave us one wrong bit of information. We were looking to eat a particular Lebanese specialty for breakfast. She told us that the closest places to find it were in Hamra or Achrafieh, but not in Beirut Souks which is within walking distance. However, we did find it served in one of the cafes inside the extensive TSC supermarket in Beirut Souks. One should be warned that smoking is allowed in the public areas of the hotel, and Lebanese smoke a lot. So the smoke smell does tend to waft throughout the hotel. This is largely mitigated by housekeepings' regular visits to the rooms (if one is not in the room) to spray the heavy but pleasant Arab perfume, oud. Lastly, the location of the hotel is oustanding. Rooms on the Mediterranean side of the hotel have excellent views, and the view from the rooftop pool and bar complex is probably unmatched in Beirut. The downside of outstanding location is that the hotel's space is limited. So there is no room for the grand public spaces one sees in the Four Seasons hotels in the Gulf countries. However, this is more of a plus as it makes the hotel feel more cosy and, and less busy. Overall, this is an excellent hotel and compares favorably with other Four Seasons properties.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear London06,

Thank you for your recent review of Four Seasons Hotel Beirut on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us and that you were happy with your room and all the staff you encountered throughout your stay. I was, however, very sorry to learn of your disappointment with our concierge services, which I will personally discuss it internally to make sure it doesn’t occur in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, we remain at your service.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

it was a trip to spend new year there with some friends we had 3 rooms,
checking inn : two rooms were ready the third we had to wait it was suppose to be on the floor 20 but they changed that to the floor 4 with bigger one which was nice with very nice view. luggage took some time to be sent to the rooms.
welcome words from the the girl @ the reception was nice.
rooms: i think all the rooms has an amazing view over the sea .with a very good sleeping quality. bathrooms with luxury amenities.
staff:all of them are truly nice always smiling doing thier best but i think all the Labanese working in the field of tourism are like that.
pool area: wow amazing view over the city .
longe& bar : high quality decortion we did try the food at the loung but the food was not cooked to our specification we had to send it back .
location: near the Beirut souks where you can either walk if the weather is good or take a very short ride the taxis are very easy thier always nice drivers, you can also visit the very nice area i think the name is Safia nice small shops with nice narrow streets also you can walk if you like walking .
concierge: they could be better knowledgeable on the new year day was raining we asked the girl where we can have lunch she said at the lounge which turned to be closed to prepare for the night we go back to here asking about a Lebanese one she couldn't give an answer !!
sense of the FS luxury:some little things , turndown has to improve they always forget to do somthing, at our rooms with the box of sweets the welcome notes had other names than ours, one day i asked for a hairdresserhe he came directly to my room without perior notice from the concierge .
food & room service: both are great.

Room Tip: i think all the rooms with a nice view but always the upper floors will be nicer
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Doudacairo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. I will take this opportunity to wish you a Happy 2012 full of great moments and good health.

I appreciate the comments you made, these are an excellent tool for our team to learn more about our guests experience and to also ensure that we are able to create the highest of standards for our guests stay.

I would be very interested to learn more and help address some of your concerns, if you would like to have a more in depth discussion and you feel that I can help, please contact me directly on stefan.simkovics@fourseasons.com and we can arrange a time to speak.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

Pros:
Luxurious, value for money, excellent rooms: Space, furniture and view. Bathrooms are super.
Very friendly/professional staff, from doorman to hotel manager.
Cons:
Very limited lobby. Overall the hotel is compact and horizontal.
Overall:
Excellent luxurious and comfortable hotel. Would defiantly stay here again. I’v been to Beirut so many times, I believe this is the best place to stay in so far.

Room Tip: Call in always before arrival, they offered me a free upgrade and a discount.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I was lucky to stay here for work as we were doing an event there. As you would expect from a Four Seasons it was a very beautiful hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful throughout my stay.

The room isnt one of the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life, but was still very nice, with lovely furnishings. It had everything you'd expect, a robe, slippers, ironing board, plenty of L'Occitane toileteries in the luxurious bathroom - which they replenish for turndown service if you're sneaky like me and put them in your suitcase :) All rooms have balconies, my one annoyance is that I like to have the window open but could hear the generators which were below very loudly. Also, one other small criticism - I remember that one day I left my room at 7am or so, and returned around 3-4pm and it hadnt been made up (I hadnt selected do not disturb).

We ate in the bar downstairs, there is a really long extensive selection of food, various cuisines, I had Lebanese (had to really!) and it was so tasty. Also drank in the rooftop bar, which is a lovely location with great views over the city, is very vibrant in the evening as you would expect in Lebanon. The food there is a bit basic, but they do have some noodles and dumplings.

It is an expensive hotel, but what you would expect for a Four Seasons really. If you want to splurge I would definately recommend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rarchy
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

Dear rarchy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I am delighted to note that you experienced a pleasant time with us during your preparation for the event and that you were happy with the hotel’s overall service and facilities. I was happy that you have tried The Roof and have enjoyed the beautiful view of Beirut from the top.

Needless to say, it is disappointing to read some of your comments. We take feedback very seriously and as such, I will be using them to help make improvements in customer service at management level.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Beirut!