All reviews sea view rooftop pool turn down service zaitunay bay excellent location beautiful hotel cafes and restaurants prime location amazing service mediterranean sea excellent stay luxury hotel rooms are spacious enjoyed my stay special thanks fs concierge
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights (3rd night free promo) in a Four seasons room and found the hotel and staff to be wonderful. From the personal welcome, taken straight to our room, to the little touches that the hotel staff laid on for us. Our experience was of a friendly, warm atmosphere with attention to detail. As you would expect from a 5 star hotel, the room service charges are quite high, but we found the quality of the food in the restaurant to be exceptional and reasonably priced.

Definitely recommended. We requested a sea-view room on our online application and that is what we got!! No request too big or small.

Overall a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Had the sea-view four seasons room and it actually looks out over the sea and city! Really bright room but no direct sun so room stays cool. Balcony gets direct sun in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Stephen N,

I am delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was truly an enjoyable one and have enjoyed your short Honeymoon break.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor on our property. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities, the service, the restaurant and our staff.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

A very nice modern hotel in a great location where you can walk in Beirut, it also has great views from the rooms and the service was exceptional. Bit pricy by Beirut standerds but with Four Seasons you pay a premium and you get what you pay for. Draw backs are small rooms, small lobby and the in room dining is average in a city that has a high standerds of food. But overall we had a grat stay in the best hotel in Beirut.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Hamilton901,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel, service and staff.

Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied completely with the room & lobby size and most important the in-room dining experience which I would love to get more details on, please contact me directly on Stefan.simkovics@fourseasons.com and we can arrange a time to speak.

I am glad you’ve enjoyed your visit to Beirut with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

This place is amazing. The staff were absolute saints. Great hotel in a truly amazing city. Exceptional service all around. Expensive but worth it, and if you want cheap just stay elsewhere. Superb location for wandering around Beirut and a quick taxi ride to Gemmayze for the clubs/bars. My stay definitely played a part in starting my (fairly immediate) love affair with Beirut.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Jaytona75,

I am delighted to hear that your recent stay with us was truly an enjoyable one.

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor on our property. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and had wonderful time in the lovely city of Beirut.

I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities and our staff and I look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I've just checked out of the Four Seasons Beirut after a five-night stay, my first in the city. I also took the opportunity to check out the other hotels about which I had read and heard so much: Le Gray, the Phoenicia, and the Movenpick.

The staff at the Four Seasons are superb, friendly and helpful. Apparently there is very high turn over but this didn't show, except that there was some confusion as to whether breakfast was included in my rate or not - that depended upon which staff member I asked. In the end it was ok and the issue resolved satisfactorily.

I liked the rooftop pool but I was surprised that the sun was off the pool after 4 pm. Bad design on the architect's part. The Movenpick pool looked superb (two of them) and that would be a draw for me next time, although it was disappointing that outside guests could not lunch by their pool and get a flavour of the hotel.

Four Seasons has a wonderful spa and steam, and the massage I had from the manager, Shelby, was really one of the best I've experienced in recent years. I would definitely return for that.

The hotel's location, opposite the new marina complex Zeitouna Bay (with some lovely restaurants) is really excellent. It is at the start of the Corniche which makes for a very nice walk each morning to the Menara (lighthouse) where le tout Beirut are out walking and exercising.

The excellent concierge team arranged my excursion to the Roman ruins at Baalbek, a day trip which is well worth seeing (also the Bekaa Valley, Ksara winery and the other ruins at Anjar, don't miss them). Well priced at $80 and just three of us in the minivan.

Yes, the Four Seasons is expensive but this hotel lives up to the luxury moniker. Lovely rooms (I was upgraded, apparently, but was disappointed that my view was still the city view and not a sea view given it was my first time and a five night stay) and great bathrooms too. Shame that the hotel does not participate in the American Express Platinum Card program, especially since it is probably the city's best hotel.

I did check out Le Grey which I thought had a wonderful cafe and great staff. I didn't get to see the rooftop pool and restaurant (next time) and I also went to see the Phoenicia which has a lovely pool area but strangely it is not open until May 1 (and this when the weather was 80 degrees in April - stupid!). I tried their spa, once again, steam and sauna under maintenance and the massage just very average and not memorable at all. Four Seasons wins on the spa score.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel to give you a sea view. It is all about the sea in Beirut.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Discerninglrish,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent trip to Beirut.

I am delighted to note that you have experienced a pleasant time with us. I appreciate the comments you made, these are an excellent tool for our team to learn more about our guests experience and to also ensure that we are able to create the highest of standards for our guests stay.

On behalf of the staff, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel the next time you are in Lebanon!

Reviewed 12 April 2012

stayed here after a disappointing stay at another Beirut hotel that pretends to be a 5 star. The Four Seasons is the real thing; luxury rooms and excellent service in the perfect Glamour location in Beirut. Be warned, its expensive !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear yusuf41,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate you complementing our facilities and services.