“Very good but not awesome!”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #5 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very good but not awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

If it was not a Four Season, i would have given it 6 stars! But it's a four seasons, so the bar is high. This hotel is narrow and you can tell that the lobby and the cafe on the GF are small but very nicely decorated of course. The staff is welcoming and very polite. The rooms are very good, very clean with L'Occitane Toiletry. The Bathroom is very large but the room is just right in size. Of course the bed is very comfortable with luxury linen etc.. I like the small box of Lebanese pastries they placed in the room on 2 occasions, nice touch.

Aside from a set of rooms, i believe one per floor, that are on the corner of the Bldg, the view from the hotel, even though supposedly sea view, sucks.. it gives over a large field that is being leveled (see the picture i posted) and a little bit on the side over the Zeitouneh Bay, but the main view just dead ahead is this ugly landfill; sad. I guess some rooms have a city garden view, but i am sure there is not much to see from the back of the Bldg and i would avoid them at all cost if possible.

The Gym is small, it has weights (maximum dumbbell of 20kg (around 45 pounds), and a couple of other machines along with some treadmills; really small. The relaxation room in the Spa is actually a waiting room and is also tiny. The locker room however is very nice with sauna, jacuzzi and all kind of decent toiletries, i loved it.

Parking is a rip off, 20$ per night. This is a LOT for Lebanon where Valet parking charges 3$, those are Boston and Chicago prices not Beirut!

The roof top has a swimming pool, not much swimming can be done, it's just a small pool without possibility of doing laps and as of 7pm it turns into a lounge/bar.

When it comes to location, aside from Zeitouneh bay and some overpriced stores (jewelry, Brioni and Porsche) there is not much in that area, but it is quite central if you have a car or if you take a cab.

1 Thank Naim00
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Mr. Naim00,

I would like to thank you for the time you gave to share your experience following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

It is a pleasure to know that you had a good experience at our property. Thank you for complementing the lobby area, the room’s cleanliness and its size, the Lebanese amenities, and the service of our staff.

We value your comment on the view given from the sea side corner rooms. We are certain this view will look fabulous in the near future, as soon as the construction project for the public park to be made is done.

I am happy to know you enjoyed The Spa facilities, and understand that we fell on your expectations with the space at the gym.

I have noted your comments regarding the price of the hotel’s parking, and will share this with the management internally.

On behalf of the whole team at Four Seasons Beirut, I look forward to welcoming you the next time you are in Beirut!

Stefan Simkovics,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Shower was amazing, I took 5 in the 2 days we had the room. Bed was great. We had a junior suite the night of our wedding and the evening after. Completely satisfied with our experience.

5 Thank Dan W
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Mr. Dan W,

I highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us, and I am pleased to know that you had a completely satisfying experience.

How delightful it is to hear that you enjoyed your room, bed and shower.

I would like to congratulate you and your wife, and wish you a happy and prosperous life together. I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut soon.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

6 years after just back to beautiful beirut our feet find us in 4 season to relax and spend around 6 hrs before travelling far to morocco!!! the hotel is same luxury and clean like i saw it before, friendly staff , very welcoming and best position at the shopping luxury area close to lovely restaurants , souks and all designer worldwide boutigues! great deserts and coffees at lobby area with the most awsome painting above us standing in the middle of the lobby!! next time definetly we ll stay and have a proper 4 season stay over there !!! the hotel is luxuriously brilliant!!!!! well done and to the staff!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank kikola12
Dear Ms. Kikola12,

I would really like to thank you for taking the time to share your short, yet lovely experience with us on Tripadivsor.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you enjoyed relaxing at our hotel before you continued your trip to Morocco.

Thank you for complementing our hotel's interior, cleanliness, location, staff, and also for sharing photos with your beautiful daughters.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut, for a real Four Seasons stay this time.

Stefan Simkovics
san francisco
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Not the best location. The other hotels within the brackets aren't better. So, I'm writing about this bracket. Security is key, but food really is bland and not worth the money. Rooms are nice, not great, not spectacular. Hospitality as if they already hava their client list and you won't be on it - you dont care but you want what you paid for. Concierge service is truly sincere but young. Plus, just walk down and you get more over priced sea food cafes without reservations that even the locals go to - but they dont pay your price for. Having said all this, Beirut has history and fun, and somewhere you can find the key to.

Room Tip: a room where they had regrouted the bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Mr. Champagnetraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay in Four Seasons Beirut.

I am of course concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed on different levels. I can appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you.

I would hope to hear from you in reply to our direct message, or at your leisure, please call the hotel at 961 1 761 000 and ask for me directly.

We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Four Seasons Beirut.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Excellent experience from start to finish. Each hotel staff made us feel like we were the only guest at the hotel! Also, the breakfast is to die for - best $35 you'll ever spend!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear JohnnyM_Canada,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I am happy to hear that you had an excellent experience throughout your stay, and found the service of our employees exceptional. Thank you very much for complementing our breakfast at The Grill Room.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to this beautiful city, Beirut.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

On the second floor of the hotel is a fantastic restaurant serving some of the best steaks in town. For our starter we shared the duck breast salad which had caramelized pecans, iceberg lettuce in a light mustard seed dressing . We also shared the foie gras, which came with a homemade fig jam and very interesting toasted raisin & apricot bread. For the main course, we had the amazing Charolais Tenderloin with our choice of sides being grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms & french fries. We found one of my favorite wines in the list. It is the Brunello Mintalcino from Tuscany. The dessert was the delice au Chocolat which is a Valrhona Chocolate Caraibe with a crispy praline dough base... Amazing!
The service was really excellent and the waiters were very attentive and gave us great recommendations. The ambience of the restaurant was ok just like any four seasons. A bit formal although we went in wearing shorts after the pool (where the city & sea views are panoramic & bloody maries are fabulous) and nobody looked at us in a funny way. So we didnt feel uncomfortable. We had an amazing meal and will go there again definately.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Mr. Angelos H,

I am very pleased to know that you had a great experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to post your generous feedback on Tripadvisor.

How delightful it is to read that you found our steaks at The Grill Room, the best in town, enjoyed your meal, and the service of our staff.

Thank you for the detailed description of your full meal, I am certain people will take your recommendations. I am glad you had a wonderful time at the pool, and enjoyed the view of the city and sea from the highest rooftop in town, as well as the cocktails we offer.

I definitely look forward to welcome you again when you decide to come back to Beirut.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

A perfect hotel with very helpful and friendly staff while some staff might act arrogant Rana the receptionist stand out in her very helpful and professional way of delivering the service. The only drawback was the size of the room, I found the size too small for a superior room in the four seasons. We had an amazing first anniversary me and my wife and we will definitely go back again. Tip don't miss th pool at the roof top.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear GOGOx,

I would like to thank you for the time you took to give your feedback following your stay at our hotel.

How delightful it is to know that you had a great experience with us, and enjoyed the pool at The Roof. I am very happy to hear that you found Rana's service at the reception exceptional.

I would like to offer my apologies for the mis-steps you encountered with some of the staff members, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. I have notified our management to ensure that this will not occur in the future to any of our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing to spend your first anniversary with us.

I am happy to learn that you will be coming back again, and am looking forward to welcoming you back to this lovely city, Beirut!