“My choice in Beirut”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If not the best hotel in town, its right there on the top. Service is what you would expect from a good name, and this hotel exceeded all my expectations from the moment I checked in. The room was comfy and everything's just worked as it should. Cleanliness, food, and the views of the Mediterranean was just spectacular.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear WajdiA,

I would like to thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

What a pleasure to know that we exceeded all your expectations, from the moment of check-in till departure day.

Many thanks for complimenting the cleanliness, the food, and the views of the Mediterranean.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, the next time you decide to visit us!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

You know how there are some places that *immediately* make you feel like you're on vacation and everything's going to be great? This is definitely one of them. My husband and I booked a trip to Lebanon on a whim, not really knowing what to expect. This hotel was our first glimpse of the country, and it was just sensational. It was wonderful to be welcomed into this place after the marathon flight from San Francisco: the service is gracious, the views are fantastic and the rooftop pool is picture-perfect.

It was unbelievably relaxing to wake up and stare at the city view, or lounge by the poolside, sipping beer, reading and people-watching. The food is also terrific. I'd recommend room service over eating in the restaurant -- it was quieter and better value -- but there's no harm in trying both. And once you tire of lounging around, you can go for a nice walk along the water or explore Gemmayzeh, Hamra and other interesting neighborhoods nearby.

My only complaint about this hotel is that after you stay here, everything else seems underwhelming by comparison. And of course, you pay quite a lot for what you get, but it's a splurge that's definitely worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Kei H,

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

It is indeed a great pleasure to know that at first glimpse, we made the right impression and gave you an unforgettable experience!

I am very glad to note that you enjoyed the rooftop pool, the city view from your room, and the food!

Thank you for your recommendations! I am happy to hear that you explored the surrounding city areas.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Beirut the next time you decide to visit us!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I loved it. Rooms are "intelligent" and very well appointed, similar to my favorite hotel, Four Seasons in Damascus, Syria, alas, Syria now off limits, sanctioned by one and all. Easy to get sanctioned? Yup! But getting de-sanctioned? I don't expect to live that long. Staff at Four Seasons Beirut are polite and welcoming, steak restaurant on 2nd floor was outstanding, as were breakfasts. On top of all that, the pool on the rooftop was excellent.

Room Tip: Start by going to Beirut; then book at the Four Seasons!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear upintheairglobally,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on our hotel following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I am very delighted to note that you loved everything about your stay! The steaks at The Grill Room, the breakfast, the rooftop pool on the 26th floor, and the service of our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut, very soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had a lovely time having drinks at the lobby when we visited Beirut this past weekend. From the reception desk to our waiter, their friendliness, professionalism were exceptional. We also noticed there was a wedding reception being held, so it definitly means it's a great choice grand occasions.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Taline B,

Thank you so much for talking your time to post a lovely review following your nice experience with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I appreciate your compliments for the staff, and the overall professional service, and I personally look forward to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

If you have the money then this is the hotel to pick. Best Hotel in the whole of Beirut. only issue would be the price but then again you get what you pay for. Ultra friendly staff, very clean rooms, cumfy beds, room service is spot on, great breakfast (at $35). Can not complain about a singe thing. I really tried to find some negatives.....just couldn't. The pool on the roof is epic and becomes a bar at night. book in advance or you wont get in.

On a note, You will be ripped off on taxis, get the hotel to book you one. they use white cabs, fixed price.

Room Tip: pick the sea view and try to get a room above the 11th floor. The view is breathtaking. The En suits...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Mass22,

I would like to thank you for sharing such a lovely feedback of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

What a great pleasure to read that you consider Four Seasons Hotel Beirut as the best in Beirut!

I am happy to learn that you loved the service of our staff, the room, the cumfy beds, the breakfast and the rooftop pool.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut again, very soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Our family equates four seasons with "understated luxury and exceptional service". This is the reason we choose it when we can. This place has so many issues, I don't know where to start. We booked 3 premium sea view rooms, all of which were definitely not the size one would expect from a four seasons. To be fair, the beds are comfortable and the rooms clean. Housekeeping is probably the only area that shines. Wen you check in, you get told the "rules", particularly about the pool usage. Wow, never had that happen before and certainly not at the four seasons. Service is definitely the slowest and most inefficient I have ever witnessed. One would expect the four seasons to hire people from hotel and restaurant management schools. These young people are friendly but clueless. You order something and it takes ages (and when I say ages, I mean a good 15-20 minutes or more) to get it. Breakfast was at best average so we started walking down to the bay in the morning and sampled the various restaurants. We initially wanted to stay at the gray but went for the four seasons due to its reputation as a chain. The F&B director was extremely helpful in trying to resolve our issues so at the top level, the service is definitely there. I think that once front of house staff understands the importance of good and responsive service, things might improve.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear atmcc,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us again on TripAdvisor.

As discussed during your stay, we were disappointed to hear that you were having a frustrating experience with us, in regards to slow service in the hotel; the experience in terms of service and food at Breakfast, and the slow deliveries.

We sincerely appreciated your candid feedback while you were with us, and we have addressed the issues you experienced internally.

We had hoped to lessen the impact of these negative experiences you had with us with the compensation gestures we offered.

As you mention here, as Four Seasons, we always aim to exceed our guests' expectations and provide them with a seamless and comfortable stay, which in this case, unfortunately, we failed.

I personally hope to be able to welcome you back to Beirut in the future where we can provide you with the service that you are used to in our hotels.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

From the time we arrived, the car valets, door man and the check in staff welcomed my family in a pleasant and sincere way. We were personally escorted to our Four seasons room. It was a large room with a sofa bed and a 180 degree view of the ocean and city, plenty of room for my wife and adult daughter. The Hotel is right in front of Zaitunay bay, which has a wonderful variety of restaurants and cafes. For first time tourists, this was a great area, modern, clean, plenty of people watching or just relaxing. The hotel is also within a nice walking distance to the beirut souks and Place de l'etoile where we had coffee and Hookah. At the end of the day, we were eager to return to enjoy the roof top pool and bar, the best breakfast in town, and great lobby lounge for coffee. I did see the rest of the top hotels in the city, but this one can't be beat!
Do yourself a favor and visit this wonderful city while it lasts and enjoy this well run hotel.

I did rent a car at the airport and enjoyed the freedom to drive around as I pleased. While driving in beirut takes getting use to, for a good, agressive driver its no problem. Clean, professional taxi's are right out front of the hotel, just tell them where you want to go and ask how much, generally it should be +/- 20,000 LP to get you anywhere one way in the city. I like to pay in the local currency and found the prices reasonable as compared to the USA.

Visited May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Dear beentoeurope,

It is indeed a great pleasure to read such a wonderful review of your stay with us!

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on every detail, starting of from the moment you arrivaed to the room escorting, and the whole hotel experience.

I am very glad to know that during your stay everything was very convenient for you and up to your expectations, and myself and the Four Seasons Beirut team are looking forward to welcome you back to Beirut in the near future.

Stefan Simkovics,