“Excellent Hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It's my second time to stay at this hotel, it's wonderful with unique touches I never find in other hotels, the last touch which I appreciated highly is that when I checked out they gave me the immigration card filled with my information,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AlTabshi
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear AlTabshi,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut. We were very happy to have welcomed you back on your second stay with us, and we are pleased that we got you right again!

We hope to have the chance to give you a great welcome on your coming visit to Beirut!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I am a regular guest at the Phonecia but stayed at the Four Seasons as we had a meeting there.

The reception is dark and small and the lobby area does not really flow. I booked a standard non smoking room and was shown 3 before I eventually gave up. The first stank of smoke, the bed in the second one was clearly broken (one side was 2 feet higher than the other) and the third was damp (an understandable issue here based on humidity to be fair).

The gym is small, as is the pool and they have gone with the classic steakhouse formula for their in house restaurant which I always feel is a cop out (high prices with not much cooking involved). Location is great though just across from Zeituna Bay.

All in all, it didnt stack up to the standard Four Seasons have become known for. There are so many new hotels in Beirut opening up close by they really need to up their game. Back to the Phonecia for me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank andmoz

Dear andmoz,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the time you took to share your personal feedback following your recent visit to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

It is unfortunate to learn that you did not find the lobby, the rooms, the gym and the pool up to your expectations during your hotel tour. And in regards to your input on The Grill Room restaurant concept, our culinary team have worked to create an identity for offering a distinctive steak house menu in town, and have achieved that aim! We also offer an international menu at The Lounge, finger food at The Bar and Asian Tapas at The Roof, which have involved much culinary creations and twists.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to try our outlets in the future, and get your feedback following your experience with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for the long weekend. Got upgraded to a sea view room upon arrival which is always nice. The rooms are spacious with full amenities; view from the rooftop swimming pool is to die for; and the staff were very helpful. We ordered room service on one of the nights and it was relatively quick and delicious. My only complaint was the that the price of the room is one of the highest in Beirut if not the highest and it doesn't include breakfast, which I tried on one day and it was fantastic. Special thanks to the concierge for his help getting me a free iPhone charger when I misplaced mine.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GMR83Z
StefanSimkovics, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear GMR83Z,

I would like to thank you for such a great review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Beirut.

I am glad to know you enjoyed your sea view room, the amenities, the rooftop pool, and the breakfast!

It is true, we have always offered our room rates - excluding breakfast, but I am delighted to know that you had the chance to try our new breakfast!

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is my second visit to the Four Seasons Beirut and as such, I was looking forward to a top notch experience. Sadly, this was not the case. (The airport pickup by Jaguar was excellent, although at $70 this was expected.)

On checking in, the hotel indulged in a practice that I see more and more often in the Middle East. Not content with pre-charging the customer's credit card with the entire cost of the stay, they also add a little bit extra to cover any other charges that might be incurred. Undoubtedly the reason they do this is because they have had their hands burnt in the past with customers 'doing a runner', so whilst this is a very annoying practice, and assumes that we are all thieves, I have come to accept it. However, in this instance, the Four Seasons pre-charged me DOUBLE the cost of my entire stay, which I found entirely excessive, and presumed that my colleague and I would be eating and drinking 24 hours a day AND stealing the bathrobes as well, in a three day period. So this annoying activity got me off on the wrong foot before I even left the lobby.

The room was fine, the bathroom was fine and the beds were comfortable - all to be expected from a Four Seasons hotel. However, although the room was advertised as a sea view room, I considered it to be a side sea view, particularly since directly in front of the window was a giant mound of soil, which presumably is the foundation for some new construction - with the sea off in the distance.

Annoyance number two occurred in the afternoon of the first day. After a morning of strolling, we returned to the hotel in the afternoon for a cocktail on the second floor. The area was pretty empty - some people were sitting outside, but we chose to remain in the A/C. After some consultation of the cocktail menu, we settled on two ginger cocktails, and carried on chatting. We waited....and waited.....and waited for these cocktails, and we were very close to actually leaving when the cocktails eventually materialized, with a quick apology. Later, we noticed that two ladies who entered after us also waited an extremely long time for their cocktails as well, enough to also warrant an apology. We had a second round, on the proviso that they came quickly, and they did. However, on exiting, we had to go up to the desk to get our bill, as no waiters were in sight.

Annoyance number three occurred late evening of the first day. We had been out at a concert and fancied a quick drink in the rooftop bar before turning in. Although there were plenty of staff up there, and they made a big fuss of us when we entered, we ended up waiting and waiting and waiting again just to make an order. After our earlier experience, we decided not to bother any longer and just to go to bed. On leaving the bar, we noticed that both persons on the door were busy on their mobile phones, which, in my mind, do not belong in a working environment. They jumped to attention when they saw us leaving, but it was too late. I might add that the place was virtually empty.

Annoyance number four occurred in the evening of day two. We ordered room service around 9 pm, before leaving for another nighttime activity. The waiter who brought the food asked if he could return in an hour to collect it. We agreed, and said that we would be out at the time. On return to the room, around 4 am, we discovered that the food was still there and the room smelled like a fish and chip shop. We were incensed; called the front desk and they swiftly sent someone round.

Annoyance number five. A chap at the Concierge desk realized our frustrations and tried to deal with them while we were there (he actually called and woke us up while we were having an afternoon nap between events). Due to an immensely busy schedule, we were unable to allocate any time to discuss these issues with him. On departure he approached us in the lobby, said that he had my number and would call to discuss. Three days later and I am still waiting. I won't hold my breath. There aren't many tourists coming to Beirut in the current climate, so it would make sense to treat nicely those of us who do make it.

So, all in all, it was a pretty poor experience from a respected brand. What makes it worse is that I have just stayed at the Four Seasons in both Singapore and Tokyo and they were magnificent - beyond outstanding, and the service was impeccable.

Needless to say, I won't be choosing the Four Seasons on my next stay in Beirut. There are other excellent choices out there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leopard_Lil

Dear Leopard_Lil,

Thank you for your recent review of Four Seasons Beirut on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I have noted your comments and can assure you that I will follow up with the department heads on this. I would also like to discuss further your experience during this past stay. At your leisure, please call the hotel on +961 1 761 000 and ask for me directly, or email me on stefan.simkovics@fourseasons.com

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed for 3 nights last week at this hotel and I couldn't find any fault with the hotel at all. The staff could not do enough to make you feel welcome. Giving me directions to places, even checking me in, in my room! The facilities are amazing, good great and the rooms really well equipped and spacious

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rachel T,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following our recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you found our facilities and outlets amazing and the rooms comfortable and spacious.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Beirut, soon again, and to giving you another memorable experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have tried 4 seasons Beirut on a business and personal level, booking very big conferences with banquets, private business meetings with lunches, diner at the grill room, drinks at the roof and had to stay one night to try their rooms. one word: CHAPEAU :)
I don't know from to start, but their staff are extremely pros; very well trained and attentive to details (you do feel like you are unique in this hotel, although it is fully packed!)
talking about their services and hygiene level, WAW nicely done. when working on conferences and big gatherings and if you are picky like me, well 4 seasons is the place to be; they were always ahead of me. food quality is exceptional (I will not dig into details, but my advice is to go and try it) the roof is very unique and if you are staying at the hotel you will enjoy this exquisite pool. trust me I don't have shares at 4 seasons but simply this is my on going experience with them

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Samer N,

I would like to express my sincere gratitude for such a great and encouraging review on TripAdvisor.

I am sure that the team at Four Seasons Beirut will be happy and proud to learn of such a positive feedback! Thank you for your compliments on the hotel service, banquet operations, the food, and the hotel outlets.

We are pleased to welcome you and to offer you a memorable experience on your every visit.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Location is perfect. Near water and zaytonah bay and 10 min walk to shopping solidare area.

Rooms are new and clean. We had a sea view room which was perfect.

Swimming pool on top is adequate and service was well.

The roof top bar was also worth the visit at night with magnificent views of the city.

Overall great stay would definitely come back.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear swissexpectations,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed overall stay with us and specifically liked the hotel location, the room, the pool and The Roof.

We are also very happy to note that you will be back, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again!