“I was really disappointed”

Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Ranked #4 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Bahrain
“I was really disappointed”
Reviewed 17 May 2010

I was visiting Beirut with my family during the first week of May 2010 for a holiday , we booked 4 rooms which were supposed to be the best category rooms , having experienced staying at the Four seasons hotels in Alexandria and Doha before , I did not hesitate at all in booking at Beirut Four seasons and I thougt it would have the same standards , I did not even bother to check it out in the trip advisor site , I wish I did , when I checked in at the reception the staff were nice , I insisted on having a high floor rooms as I requisted in my booking but the lady at the reception told me not availiable , I learned later on that the hotel was not opened to its full capacity and the high floors were still under construction which was not mentioned in their web site !! The Lobby was very small and the seating area was very limited , we had to stand up on several occasions waiting for our car , the furniture which was in the lobby , corridors , the only restaurant , and rooms was not a Four seasons standard , the rooms were very small , they did not impress me at all and the beds in the twin beded rooms were narrow and small , the bathroom however was good and nicly equiped , I liked the Soap , shampoo ..etc which were all from L'Occitane , our rooms were facing the sea , I could not wait to open the balcony door and enjoy the view but I was shocked to see a huge construction site infront of the hotel which appears to be just started and might continue for a long time , few years maybe , it was not a good view to look at , not to forget the disturbing noise from the construction which really irritated us , you could still hear the noise even after closing the balcony door , I talked to the front desk twice about it , wanted them to change our rooms but nothing was done , they promised me to find a solution for that but they never bother to answer me back ,the gym is very small with limited equipments , no steam or sauna were opened yet ! there was only one restaurant opened , I had only breakfast there , the food and the service were good .
We evantually had to change the hotel because we could not stand the construction noise , we moved to the Grand hills hotel , and I learned later on that I could ve booked a junior suite at the amazingly furnished Le Grey hotel with the same rate of the room I took in the four seasons !

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank gardenya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
belgium
Reviewed 6 April 2010

The hotel is in a tower located on a dead stretch between downtown and the Corniche, surrounded by other towers and some luxury shops. It faces the marina (if you look far enough to the left) and a huge construction site where the work is just starting. I was told at the hotel that the plan is to have a large park there, which is fine, given the lack of green spaces in Beirut. The work will probably take a few years.

The hotel seems to have been designed as a Four Seasons on a reduced scale: small lobby, small room (Deluxe but smallest ever at a Four Seasons), one wash basin in the bathroom, narrow hallways, only one restaurant (grilled specialties, not the excellent local cuisine!), limited sports facilities. For the moment, there is just a fitness room with a view of the marina. The sauna that is planned (it looked almost ready) is limited to a steam room in the dressing area. No dry sauna, no plunge pool, no relaxation area. The outdoor pool was still closed but it will be open only during the warmer months and there is no indoor pool.

The decoration of the hotel is standard FS (rooms decorated by Rochon, large flower arrangements, etc.) but without any hint of Lebanon or Beirut. Businesspeople may like it, but, as a tourist, I found the atmosphere too generic.

Service is ok at the reception and good in the restaurants but it could be better for housekeeping (I sometimes had to call four times to get something done).

Breakfast is a combination of a buffet, a la carte and a tray brought to the table with some Lebanese dishes. The concept is unusual for FS and it works well. The bar is nicely decorated and has good drinks. Good cafe in the lobby with French pastries, excellent coffee and a good Valrhona hot chocolate served with marshmallows and candied orange peels.

Lebanon is a challenging destination for non smokers, so you would expect FS to take care of the problem by having a good ventilation system. The public spaces (lobby, cafe, restaurant, bar) quickly fill up, though, with a strong cigarette smell, especially in the evening.

Overall, I thought the hotel was not at the same level as Le Gray, the only other luxury option in town (except for the breakfast and the quality of sleep). Value for money is also poor, and I would not pay more than 300 USD per night (rather than about 600 USD, which is totally unreal).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank topsmed
Travellers also viewed these Beirut hotels
Phoenicia Hotel
Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut
Le Bristol Hotel
Le Bristol Hotel
#5 of 117 in Beirut

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Beirut? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Seasons Hotel Beirut

Property: Four Seasons Hotel Beirut
Address: 1418 Professor Wafic Sinno Avenue | Minet El Hosn, Beirut 2020 4107, Lebanon
Region: Lebanon > Beirut
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool
#1 Romantic Hotel in Beirut
#3 Business Hotel in Beirut
#4 Spa Hotel in Beirut
#4 Luxury Hotel in Beirut
#12 Family Hotel in Beirut
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££££
Hotel Class:5 star — Four Seasons Hotel Beirut 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel Beirut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
4 Seasons Hotel Beirut