“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is excellent in every way, the location is perfect, the view is awesome,(make sure to have a sea front view & as higher the floor better the view), the food is very good, the stuff are nice & professional, the room is very good. Over all you'll find whatever you need for a perfect stay.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank K0ut
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 7 July 2014

Greetings from Beirut.

Thank you so much for your feedback posted on trip advisor which is very much appreciated.

Please note that I have shared the same with my team members and we were very pleased to read that you have rated us as an excellent hotel and that we have met your expectations at all levels.

Sir, I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back amongst us at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and we will assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future reservations as I will be more than glad to assist.

Hala C. Massaad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is a good sized boutique hotel.
Journey from the airport to the hotel takes approximately 15 minutes.
Staff from the Front Desk are excellent, housekeeping staff is very friendly and rooms are clean. I've been staying in hotels all over Beirut and this is my favorite hotel thus far.
The hotel boasts a picturesque view over the Mediterranean Sea.
The swimming pool is located on the rooftop and offers a breath taking view of the Mediterranean Sea.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor, mediterranean view. Low floors are slightly noisy as there is high volum...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yoshimura_M
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana as your home in Beirut and for rating us as a fantastic hotel.

I am very pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations in terms of front desk and housekeeping services.
Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with my respective team members which are very much appreciated, and the same has been very well communicated to them.

Sir, I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back amongst us at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and we will surely make your time spent with us a treasured one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in order to do the necessary arrangements for your next visit.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had a pleasure to stay at Raouche Arjaan for few nights in April. A good experience that needs to be repeated! They arranged my pickup from the airport, as I arrived at early hours I appreciated that the checkin was quick and the welcome was very friendly. I had asked with a room with balcony and this is what I was given and let me tell you the view was amazing! Some people have complained about the streetnoise but in my opinion this was not too bad - just try to get the room on upper floors. The apartments was very clean and it had everything one needs to feel at home. Internet was free and worked fine. It may be not in the exact centre (5 to 10 minutes by car) but then again you have one of the most famous sights - the Pigeon Rock right under your window! Service was excellent, value for money good, rooms nice - I would happily stay there again if I happen to find myself back in Beirut.

Room Tip: Try to get room on the upper floors to minimize the streetnoise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Koit
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and sharing with us your feedback on trip advisor which is very much appreciated.

My team and I were very pleased to go through your review and know that you had a great stay with us during the whole period, and that you felt at home away from home.

Sir, I am loooking forward to host you back amongst us at your home in Beirut, the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and we will surely make your time spent with us a treasured one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for your future reservations and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Positives:
(1) Friendly staff.
(2) Very good food.
(3) Excellent location.

Negatives:
(1) Although it's mentioned at Trip Advisor and other rating sites that the hotel has a beach, the hotel has NO BEACH! I have made my search for beach hotels and was shocked that this is not real, which exploded my trip from the first moment!
(2) There is neither entertainment nor animation. Nothing but a room, restaurant, gym, and pool.
(3) Although the hotel has a small pool to serve all guests, three of the seven days I spent there they rented the lonely pool for private birthdays which means the pool from 4 PM was full of young kids and the pool bar area is prohibited for guests!
(4) The sauna and the gym are in the third floor without pool or Jacuzzi, the pool is in the 17th floor!
(5) Although I booked a deluxe studio and it's written that all deluxe studios are all sea view, they gave me a corner studio with the worst view I've ever seen in a hotel! The view from the room was a roof of an old bad building with water tanks and rubbish!! You may see the view in the photo I uploaded.

Room Tip: Never take a corner room in the first 10 floors. The view is awful!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TarekHakim
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and sharing on trip advisor your feedback with regards to your stay with us.

We are very pleased to know that we have met your expectations in terms of staff service, quality of food and hotel location.

With reference to the negative points that you have raised, please find below my comments:

1. Our hotel has no beach: It is true that we have no beach since we are not a hotel resort but our main location and the fact that we are facing the beautiful lebanon sea is what make our property a special one in Raouché area.

2. Pool: We have been holding several events and private functions at the pool, and we do understand your concern. However, please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle caused and rest assured that we always do our outmost to allow our esteemed guests to benefit from the pool area despite being rented from time to time.

3. Deluxe studio booking: It is true that some of our deluxe studios are sea view. Nevertheless, I would like to advise you that all sea views are subject to availability and we do apologize for not having been able to exceed your satisfaction in this point. We will make sure to assign you a deluxe studio, sea view on your next stay.

Sir, I look forward to welcoming you back amongst us at your home in Beirut, the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and we will assure you of our best services and attention at all times.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly in advance in order to do the necessary arrangements for your next visit, and I remain at your disposal for any further assistance.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

i highly recommend this hotel not only because it has a prime location in beirut, but for the service the employess there are providing. The sincere welcoming of the front office staff makes your day..
The room is spacious and comfy and its fully equipped.
The rooftop pool has the most amzing view in Beirut and is very quiet for a relaxation day.
Special thanks to everyone working there specially Malak at the front desk for recommending this hotel and arranging the booking.

Room Tip: The room 508 was a very nice and spacious room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Heba s
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Miss,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your stay experience at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana.

My team and I are very pleased to read such comments and to know that you had a relaxing week end with us and that we have exceeded your expectations in terms of service.

Please rest assured that I have shared the same with my respective team members and your compliments have been well communicated to all and in particular our Front Desk Manager Ms. Malak Hijazi.

Miss, I do hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back amongst us at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and we will make your time spent with us a treasured one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your future bookings and I will be more than glad to assist you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel stay beat my expectations. It was a late night check-In. The agent was extremely efficient and very friendly. He upgraded me to a Deluxe room with partial sea view. The room was nice, large and the bed was very comfortable. Location being on the corniche is great with easy access to many sites less the congestion you may deal with in Hamra. I even got a nice surprise on my second day - a nice muffin on a plate waiting for my return! Three issues with my stay that were not as pleasant: 1- I requested a ONE hour late check-out but that was not given. Front desk said they were fully booked and couldn't accommodate my request! After staying with them three nights, I can't possibly see how ONE hour is going to hurt their turn around! That was a let down. 2- There was a problem with main room door slamming every time it closes. Close by rooms had the same issue which means you often hear a bang. 3- Although front desk, coffee shop and cleaning staff were friendly when being talked to, they seem to lack training that when encountering a guest anywhere in the hotel, for example, exiting the elevators, walking the corridors, etc... staff needs to be courteous and greet the guest with a "Marhaba", "hello" or "good morning/evening". That didn't happen at all. Staff seemed to be in hurry walking right by guests, and sometimes, making me feel that I am in their way! As a customer, it is uncomfortable when staff does not acknowledge one's presence. If not for these three issues, I would have given this hotel a rating of "Excellent". All in all, I still recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Deluxe Room with sea view are much better that Standard rooms with no view. The price difference is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and sharing with us your detailed and constructive feedback which is very much appreciated.

We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations in terms of hotel location and guest room.

On the other hand and regarding the three issues you have faced starting by late check out request not delivered and room door, please note that I have taken into consideration your comments and a necessary corrective action will be taken to avoid the recurrence of such incidents. Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle caused.

With reference to your notes about our employees, I would like to assure you that we do understand your concern, the same has been shared with my respective team members, and we will do our outmost in order to enhance. Hopefully, you will experience a better quality of service on your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I spent my honeymoon there, and I generally recommend it for couples looking for a nice romantic stay in Raouche. We liked everything there, especially the in-room dinner. The food was delicious and the wonderful view complemented the great taste.

Room Tip: Don't settle for less than a sea-view room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank asaieed
RaoucheArjaan, General Manager at Raouche Arjaan by Rotana, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your nice review.

We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed spending your honeymoon at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and that we were able to meet your expectations in terms of service and quality of food.

Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with my respective team members.

Sir, I look forward to welcoming you back at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana and we will surely make your time spent with us a treasured one.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you with your future bookings at the Raouché Arjaan by Rotana.