“Superb customer service”

Ranked #8 of 46 Beirut B&B and Inns
Marilao, Bulacan, Philippines
“Superb customer service”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We all know that this hotel is the cheapest in town so I don't expect much bec I have to pay less. But they attend to their guests professionally and very helpful beyond what is expected.
The Talal staff will provide you with anything and everything about lebanon. They were very warm and friendly. The rooms are decently clean. We have sharing bathroom but never been a problem. Its clean with water and electricity 24/7.
They help me maximized my stay by suggesting where to go, how to go, and the transportation fees. They even advice me how to negotiate with taxi drivers. How cool is that!
Definitely a place for backpacker in Beirut.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Efren A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 9 September 2012

A good quality hotel, conveniently located in one of the best areas in Beirut. Rooms are clean, functional, pleasant and had all we needed. Wonderful staff and owner with a great sense of humor are very helpful, knowledgeable and take care about the guests. There is always someone to help with any questions, give travel advice, ready to draw a map (even twice a day) to make sure you won’t get lost. They even teach how to make Arabic/Lebanese/Turkish coffee (hard to identify any but after a lesson it tastes great). Owner speaks Arabic, English, French, Spanish and is very popular among Polish tourists. The staff made our days, we felt there like at home and had a most enjoyable stay.We had a lot of fun there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna G
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Best place to stay in Beirut! People! Amazing helpful and supportive owner. Location is great in the heart of the city and when you ask about direction people know the place. detailed directions of places to explore and visit they are very flexible and ensure you're all safe and sound.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eliza S
Aalborg
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My friend and I stayed at The Talal for four nights. We had a great time.
This was mainly due to the staff/manager, who had a lot of humor and relaxed attitude to handeling the guests.
My friend and I felt at home right away. There was always someone to help you with your questions, plans and travel advice.
The room was good with A/C (witch is essential in Beirut) with private lockers , and the shared bathroom clean.
The Talal is well placed in terms of exploring the city and transport out of the city.
For the price of US$13 a night this is great value, and we would gladly recommend this place for people, who needs a really good (if not the best) hostel in Beirut.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravelExperience74
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 10 August 2012

honestly, I have spent a beautiful times In Talal hotel, I stayed 10 nights did not feel any kind of fatigue or alienation, but completely contrary, The staff and the owner was very helpful,provide services and advices at any time you want and to any subject in Lebanon, as the hotel occupies a strategically location in Beirut, it is close to the shore, so you can see the sea by standing on the balcony of the room, it is also close to downtown and other beautiful places, The most beautiful thing is enjoyed in the identification of other cultures after sharing other persons in the room,finally, the hotel is clean, shows very suitable prices and multiple options for all people.

Room Tip: sharing room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kjsalsafy
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I stayed in Talal for just over one month and in the beginning I must admit that I found it a little strange. I was staying in a three bed dorm room on the second floor then moved to the first floor which I found was more comfortable and a little bit cheaper as there is no AC and no wardrobes for your personal items. After one week I settled in and really found the place charming with its relaxed way of viewing things, good cheap WIFI, really nice reception staff and general staff within the whole hostel. One day I had really bad sunburn and felt like my skin was on FIRE!!! I went downstairs to the reception and the gentleman helped me so much, pain-killers and cold towels, you would not get the personal service that you receive at Talal at any five star hotel in the world! I will definitely stay in Talal again when I return to Lebanon! I hope it doesn't get ruined with hundreds of tourists :D

Room Tip: They are all good! Different levels of prices such as AC or no AC possibly a fan but you have to ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LuxuriousTraveler004
Beirut
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Honestly. The Stuff was very Lovely, and you are feeling like family member,
Room's rate stable, and acceptable. Hotel Location near from Midtown and many places.
I stay over there around 12 day,, I will back again. Big hello To Zaher & Wissam, Front Desk.. they really help full and Collaborators Sure with nice smile I will not forget Melhm the Housekeeper
He is really active person .. I wish good luck to this team ...

Danial Dababneh
Mdrc Vision Founder

Room Tip: I think U have check out by your self :)
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business