“HORRID!!!!!!”
Review of Talal Hotel

Talal Hotel
Ranked #6 of 46 Beirut B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014

That was the most disgusting place I ever stayed in..I'm a experienced traveler which stayed in many hostels and guest houses around the world, but nothing compare with this one..the owner was at the desk when we arrived, and he assigned me a bed next to the reception( maybe he was afraid that I will run away, or something)..the level of noise thru out the nite, was compared with sleeping in a construction site, where they organized a disco and a football match..I could not fall asleep at all, I tried to push my ear plugs inside until I had the feeling that I'm bleeding..and the toilets..ah..the toilets..don't get me started..so there u have it..
Again?..Yeah right..

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Radu A

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were basic but comfortable. We had a balcony, which we enjoyed. The hotel is off a main road down a side street so it was quiet and we slept well. The location was excellent. I wouldn't bother staying anywhere else in Beirut. The best value for money in town. Reasonably priced airport pick-up and drop-off.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jen37_12
Reviewed 8 April 2014

we had our penthouse with roof terrace, ok no elevator. the owner served tea or coffee the whole day, thus creating a multicultural center. Rooms and bathroom are clean. Between a Syrian refugee, an iranian spy and some Southamericain tourists + the lebanese people spending time there we had a great time and I learned much more about the country than from any guide. It is between port and Gemmayzeh, two interesting areas and close enough to downtown. Hamra and Americain University are an hours walk, but through interesting areas and Beirut is at night as safe as during the day

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Excellent helpful staff and great sympathetic owner who would go a lot of extra miles to help customers. Centrally located hostel, and very affordable rates. Family friendly & family atmosphere, felt like I'm staying in my brother's house. Mr. Zaher: God bless you, and Mlhim you areawsome, thank you both for allowing everybody to use the extra clean kitchen. Thumps up.
Susan Selman & Family
USA

Room Tip: great view from third floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and it quickly became my home in Beirut. From the first moment we arrived, the staff made us feel safe and welcome, and made sure that we enjoyed our time there. For 20 USD, they can arrange an airport pick up. I highly recommend taking this option because southern Beirut isn’t very safe at the moment and there is no public transportation from the airport, so you’ll end up taking a taxi anyway. The hotel has a great location, just 5 minutes from the really secured downtown area, and right next to the Charles Helou Station. Gemmayzeh Street is also a few steps away. There is a small convenience store right down the street, there are bakeries with delicious local pizzas and coffee one street behind, and ATM’s across the main avenue. The hotel is spread on several levels, each of them interconnected by stairs (no elevator). The reception area is on the second level. On that level there are dorms, a communal kitchen, a balcony where you will often find friendly guests and people enjoying arghila, and a fridge with beverages (including bottles of water) on sale. They also have a washing machine, but we never used it. Our room was located on the 4th level. At first we had booked two beds in a dorm (each for 15 USD), but when we arrived we were offered a private room for a good rate. We took the private room and were extremely happy we did. The room had a small balcony with views of the nearby buildings on one side, and on the other side we could see the port. The room had a decent size, a nice bed with comfortable pillows, a TV with cable (some channels in English and French) and an armoire. We also got two large towels and blankets. On each level there is a clean shared bathroom with hot water at all times. There is really fast Wi-Fi available for a very decent price, especially for Lebanon standards. The best part of staying at Talal was the staff. Wissam is really nice and friendly, and helped us so much by providing a city map, tips on where to eat cheap local food (there is a delicious bakery right around the corner where we had breakfast and dinner several times), and advice on travelling around Lebanon (we did many daytrips from Beirut with his help). For 15 USD he programmed a taxi to the airport on the day of our departure. It is also worth mentioning that my wife had a good time there and always felt comfortable with the staff and other people there. Next time we go to Beirut we will definitely come back to Talal. Thank you very much for everything Wissam!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 10 January 2014

It is my home at Beirut. Clean, safe, comfortable, central location, friendship..
To feel Beirut it is the best choice for me. Every hour there is hot water. Comunal kitchen every time clean. And you can make arabic cafe and tea. I recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 30 December 2013

A very good and cozy place with nice rooms and clean bathrooms. The staff is superfriendly and helpful and will answer any question you have...
You can use the very clean and neat kitchen for cooking.
And for all the girls and women travelling in Lebanon> Talalhotel is a safe place for you! Go for it and enjoy Beirut!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo