“Horrible Experience (Don't stay here)”
Review of White House Hotel

White House Hotel
Ranked #103 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I'm from Los Angeles and stayed that this hotel for a couple of days. It was the worst experience. We found out that the staff was entering our room and stealing money and items from us knowing we were from the States. I complained and got nothing out of it, actually the "manager" said and offered nothing for the stolen money and items. DO NOT STAY HERE. The rooms are dirty, it's not safe!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Armand101

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The first bad thing is the location it's a far from the city center and from the aggregation near the beach,as well as it's located near a high way!the second horrible thing is the size of the room,it is very small that limit your movement in it ,the other thing is the breakfast which is limited and the same items every day ,the elevator is loaded,the only good thing is the Tv channels with variety for choice.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Muammar Y
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Had the worst experience at this hotel without even staying there.

At booking.com I found a good deal for this hotel, which I booked. Minutes after I got an email that my creditcard was invalid, and that they will cancel if I didn't give the correct creditcard. I checked with my bank, and everything was fine with the card. So I put in the same card again.

Got the same email about my creditcard, so contacted booking.com. Booking.com informed me that the hotel loaded their prices incorrectly, and that they were trying to cancel my booking. I wanted a solution of course, so offered then to stay in a smaller room or something. No reply at all, hotel just wanted full price as they normally charge.

Also manager suddenly messaged me on my cellphone to contact me, never heard anything.

If service is this bad, the hotel really can't be anything.

As a travel agent never saw this kind of behaviour from a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank RobbertS
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel is ideal if you need to stay just outside of beirut, if however you plan to go out in beirut i'd recommend you find a hotel in hamra or ashrafieh for the same price as this hotel. rooms are ok, but the hotel feels more like an appartment. I enjoy staying here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JKalmoni
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed there only one night. Arrived at Beirut after midnight, so I choose this hotel only because of its price and didn't check the location. Next day, I had to pay for the taxi to Cola bus terminal 17US$, as the hotel is very far from there. The hotel is well-furnished, but it is too inconvenient to go the other places in/outside of Beirut.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Worst hotel ever! The receptionist and staff were so rude and unhelpful. It's very dirty. We changed our hotel after 1 night of compulsary stay cuz we're supposed to move out after 30mins. Of check in, however, they informes us just to change the room.. Worst..

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank TwoMonkeysTravel
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The hotel states that it is 4 star but it is not. it is a 3 star hotel.
no bar
no disco
no swimming pool
no activities or leisure (billiard, ping pong, music....)
the rooms were old and the windows are small. the sea view is not good and the beach is 1 street away from hotel. and it can not be used. i suggest Juonieh hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business