“A nice change for Beirut”
Review of 35 Rooms

35 Rooms
Ranked #41 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 18 January 2012

As most hotels in Beirut cater for the upper end 5 star set this hotel is hopefully the begining of moderate EU style hotels.

The hotel was planned to be trendy and is to an extent. The location is very good and in typical Beirut fashion you will hear Church bells and calls to prayer at the same time!

The staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is very very good for price paid as is the very well operating wi fi service.

Donw side was the bathroom. A RIDICULOUS opening than me as a very thing guy had to enter sideways. A person of larger girt would not be able to enter. The towels were very old and dirty looking but were in fact clean-time for a change!

The lift is TINY and floor/walls always in need of a clean polish. The split system airconditioners have a mind of their own which caused me to feel the cold a few times during my 3 days while the AC unit decided what it wanted to do- this is not unique to 35 rooms but split system AC units everywhere.

All in all for jus over $100 USD and an executive room, with Breakfast and Wi Fi you cannot beat this hotel if you are looking for a 3.5-4 star , clean. modern hotel.

Congratulations overal 35 rooms!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your recent stay. 35 rooms is a new trendy hotel style in Beirut offering high standard room facilities, free wireless internet, free open buffet breakfast with a friendly and helpful staff. I am so happy that you did like our concept and pleased that your stay with us did satisfy you.
We look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut.

All the best,

There are newer reviews for 35 Rooms

Reviewed 28 December 2011

As part of work, many of our colleagues stay at this hotel. Staff is always friendly and attentive, the general atmosphere is smart-casual and not over the top, so you will definitely feel comfortable. The feedback from our colleagues staying at this hotel is always positive. The only downside for me is that the elevator is small.

The design aspect of this little hotel is very modern and youthful, located perfectly in the centre of town, it won't take more than 10mins to get anywhere in the city from here. Clean, fun and welcoming, the 35 rooms is a perfect spot for mid-range budget tourists or business people.

Room Tip: Higher floor to get a nice city view and to minimize the noise from the outside.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your stay.
I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one like always and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you.
We will look forward to welcome you and your colleagues at 35 rooms Hotel.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

We were there for 7 nights. the location of the Hotel is more better than what we expected. even though we were in the heart of downtawn but it was quite enough for relaxing as well. availability to most of enjoyable areas was excellent. the staff was very freindly and the breakfast area was lovely!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ali F

All the Best

Reviewed 23 December 2011

A few weeks ago my wife and I were in Beirut and while in Hamra we drove by this new hotel in town called 35 rooms. We were taken by the slogan "the trendiest hotel in town". So last week when I had a one night business trip to Beirut, I decided to try this hotel. When I arrived I was received by two friendly young man and woman at the reception. I was upgraded to an executive suite for the same rate as the room, but it was shocking when I walked into the so called suite. It had a stinging smell coming from the bathroom. It was anything but trendy. The bathroom floor was so dirty I almost threw up. To enter the shower I had to go sideways and I am a slim guy. The white towels were closer to gray than white.

Other than the friendly people at the reception, this was by far one of the worst hotels that I had ever stayed in. I am disappointed at the owners' claim of this being the trendiest hotel in town. Calling it 35 rooms is in fact trendy, but that is about it...

Room Tip: Simply choose a room in a different hotel. If you are looking for trendy, then you should stay at t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank abukarimwahazem
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the centre of Beirut and needed to look no further than this modern on-trend no nonsense Boutique Hotel. Suites and double rooms were available - we opted for a double room which was decorated to a modern trend. Overall bedroom and bathroom were excellent.
The staff on the reception were extremely helpful though the reception/lounge areas were very basic and practical not particularly suited for 'lounging' around in. Breakfast was very good - again no nonsense 'help yourself' buffet with a good choice of food served in a modern clean cafe-style bistro environment.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay there again - good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ruth and Andy S
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for staying recently with us and for taking the time to post this great comment on trip advisor. I am glad to hear that our efforts did not go unnoticed and that you and your partner have enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed 10 November 2011

So I was in Beirut for a Wedding, and it's a very expensive city in my opinion, especially in the Summer, and is the Paris of the Middle East. Can i just say that Beirut is absolutely stunning. As in Super Stunning.

Now the hotel. Firstly, it could be my lack of French and Arabic, but no one knew where the Hotel was. It is Boutique and in the heart of Hamra st, however it doesn't have a place in the minds of taxi drivers. Mention to them Phonecia, Radisson etc and they know it, boutique, not registering.

That said, I feel that the hotel had some positive points. It has an apartment feel, very friendly reservations, and one receptionist was very friendly, the other not, however two out of three aint bad! (as meatloaf once said).

Breakfast, small, simple, I do think there could be a bit more - but again it's a 4 star hotel.

The room itself, beds were comfy, I stayed twin share, funky design, and a nice little kitchen /bar sort of thing. This I also liked. Bathroom, big shower, no bath (I prefer a bath) however basically it was fine, but again, apartment style.

Overall, location was the biggest plus, really well located. Would I stay there again, it's not a fair comparison, but the Phonecia was beautiful, but also 5 times the price so credit where it's due.

It was quaint, just would have liked a little more personality across all fronts.

Room Tip: book with the hotel directly
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank thunderdownunder

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your recent stay. I am sure that in your next visit 35 rooms will be more popular since this was our first year :)
Anyways It has been our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back to 35 rooms.

All the best,

Reviewed 5 November 2011

I spent 5 nights mid october, paid 87€/night with breakfast double room.
nice and helpful staff, free wi fi in the room and hotel, rich breakfast (maybe missing a bit of sweets), in Hamra area (shop and restaurant) 20 min walking to new centre (a bit fake..)
just avoid 1st and 2nd floor and rooms on the street, VERY noisy street
spacious rooms, coloured, cleaned, good furniture, flat tv, mini-frigor, mine with micro-wave and sink
An advice for people with children: i had problem to find milk in the shop, just 330ml the last day
Everything double priced as US Dollar very welcome, even if u ll receive back difference in local currency. 1€ = 2Lbp / 1$ = 1.50Lbp
At the reception possible to book tour with local agency, very friendly, i did 1 day tour (Baalbeck-Cedar forest, lunch included 97$), but early wake up because of the traffic and long distance.
I ll back there for sure, same hotel, wanna see Byblos and others places

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank stenone

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you.