“Very clean boutique hotel”
Review of 35 Rooms

35 Rooms
Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Special thanks to Mrs.Elissar,receptionist, becoming a translation bridge b/w driver and us and giving ideas about sightseeing. The hotel is very clean, breakfast is good covering 4 hot dishes. Breakfast room is rather small and boring. Taxi to downtown about 5 dollars. From airport 25 dollars (reserved taxi) , to airport we have paid 10 dollars. Be careful and bargain with drivers. I recommend to travellers to take sightseeing tours generally with lunch ( Nakhal tour ) instead of hiring a taxi if they are two person. Drivers speak no English at all.
The area, Hamra, is average. The city is very safe.
I recommend to hotel owners to provide microwave to breakfast room and bath slippers for the room if they call themselves boutique hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ritzy375
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We are in the process of adding slippers to all our hotel rooms which will give an added value as you suggest.
On the other hand your kind note will be passed into all 35rooms employees and especially Elissar,who will be thrilled to know that you were pleased with her recommendations

We look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed 5 nights in this hotel. Initially, plan to stay only 2 nights, but I decided to extend the stay and we were very happy with the hotel. Great location, excellent staff, and great value for ther money. Keep it up! Will definatley recommend this place to other travellers.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Cruisingjerry

Dear Guest,

Greetings from 35rooms Beirut !

I wanted to thank you for staying recently with us and for taking the time to post this great comment on trip advisor. I am glad to hear that our efforts did not go unnoticed and that you have enjoyed your stay.

Your kind note will be passed onto all 35rooms employees who will be thrilled to know that you were pleased in your stay.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Booked this hotel directly on their website which seemed to have the best price.

Handy location is central Hamra. I had the hotel book a taxi to wait for me when flying into BEY. The driver picked me up in a London cab and was most efficient. It was $29 plus tip which is fairly standard. Maybe a few dollars cheaper otherwise, but it was great having somone waiting for me and worth it.

The hotel is boutiqueISH, which is to say that it has stylish elements but that they're not excuted as well as you might expect at a posher hotel. However, the price is also cheaper so it's not a real complaint. Just don't expect the Delano! Free wifi and other standard amenities.

Breakfast was among the better I had in a week in Lebanon and made this property a better value.

Room Tip: Away from front of hotel is better, but hotel is on a quiet sidestreet so nighttime noise shouldn...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your recent stay. 35 rooms is a new trendy hotel style in Beirut offering high standard room facilities, free wireless internet, free open buffet breakfast and friendly/helpful staff with very affordable prices. I am so happy that you did like our concept and pleased that your stay with us did satisfy you.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I've been touring middle east quite a lot. Usually 5 stars, fancy sites and free wifis means... well... they're robbing you and wifi wont work - basically everything is fiction in their marketing. 35 rooms makes a 180 degrees difference. It really is amazing value. I was staying in Beirut 31.03. - 08.04.2012 visiting Amman and Bekaa in that period. 1st me and my gf stayed in Le Patio which is ok but over prized. 35 room's staff were arranging us everything - they really were there for us. Rooms are perfect: trendy and clean. WiFi really IS REALITY AND FOR FREE!!! Location is the best in Beirut - Hamra is the place. Do not hesitate when make your bookings... and even if you travel with kids they have a apartment (I know because they upgraded us just for thanks for staying there). Beirut is a must place to visit for few days and 35 rooms is perfect hotel in perfect location.

Room Tip: Take a room without a door to another room (you can hear everything).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your stay.
I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I stayed at 35 rooms from Thurs 29Mar-Sun 01Apr along with 2 other friends in a 2-bed apartment which had a living area and a kitchenette.
The rooms were of a good size. But too large but also not too small.
The housekeeping staff kept the rooms very tidy.
The front desk staff were very helpful with any queries we had and were always available for any questions etc.
Breakfast was good - included scrambled eggs, different breads, pancakes, pastries, cereals and yoghurts.

This Hotel is located in Hamra. Lots of shops, restuarants, bars etc and also a costa coffee 2 mins walk away. Also very convenient to get to all the other main area's - Downtown, Gammayze etc.

For the price you pay - this is a superb value for money boutique Hotel.
Overall i had a great stay in this hotel and think it is very good value for money.

Many thanks to all at 35 rooms.

Babolat

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main street as you can hear traffic.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

,Dear Guest,

Greetings from Beirut !

I wanted to thank you for staying recently with us and for taking the time to post this great comment on trip advisor. I am glad to hear that our efforts did not go unnoticed and that you and your friends have enjoyed your stay.

Your kind note will be passed onto all 35rooms employees and especially, to our Front Desk team who will be thrilled to know that you were pleased with their Service.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed in a junior suit in the forth floor. The hotel is very modern new hotel which has what u expect if u pay between 100-170 USD. Nothing is special and the hotel is not luxurious. Located in alhamra and down there u can find all services u need. However i prefer the other locations like down town and al roucha. Major negative is the hotel glass is not sound proof and u will hear the cars honk all day and night, so if your sleep is not deep you will be in trouble. Second negative is the hotel has one lift which accomodates 3 people max. The breakfast was average but if u dont like it, BarBar is next door and u can enjoy his Manakeesh. Rest the hotel is very good

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

It has been our pleasure to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back to 35 rooms.

Regarding your complaint about the noise coming from the street please be informed that we are in the final stage in fixing this problem and our Hotel will have all his rooms isolated within a week.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

This hotel is located on a smaller street in the Hamra area which is quite lively and has a lot of dining and shopping options. The hotel is trendy and rooms come with basic amenities. We were upgraded to a suite which had a seperate living room but I felf the room size was small. Room was also missing a hair dryer but staff was able to find one and deliver it to the room.

Front desk staff was always friendly and willing to help but could not provide any helpful suggestions when we asked for restaurant recommendations. We picked a taxi off the street to take us for a tour to the Grotto. This it was around $50 and included driving around downtown.

Breakfast was basic but did have variety. My only complain is the traffic noise in the bedroom. Not sure if they have sound-proff rooms but this would be a great addition since Hamra has a lot of traffic during the day and in the evenings.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple