35 Rooms
Agoda.com
US$217
US$203
  • Pool
Coral Beirut Al Hamra Hotel(Beirut)(Great Value!)
US$78
Hotels.com
US$142
US$138
US$122
US$119
  • Pool
All reviewscosta coffeehamra streetwi fistay there againbudget hotelairport picksmall kitchenettenice hotelmodern designsmoking roomlocation is greathotel is situatedvisiting beirutbars and restaurantshearttaximicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is based just off Hamra Street, which mades getting anywhere in Beirut easy.

However, that's where the pros stop and the cons start:

1. The hotel seem intend on trying to 'rip you off' at every turn. Every time I would enquire about a taxi, it would be at least 5/6 dollars more expensive than a standard taxi fare off the street. Once I confronted them, they would straight away match the reduced price. They will keep prompting you to take a hotel taxi - be careful!

Unfortunately, they seem to think you were just a foreigner that could afford to pay extra for everything! DO NOT USE THE HOTEL TAXI!

2. The hotel bill came out more expensive than the price emailed to me a week before. Once confronted, they receptionist explained it was due to the exchange rate - even though they had sent the original quote in dollars and I paid in dollars. So my advice, KEEP CHECKING THE COST OF YOUR STAY!

3. The staff were very amateurish - a group of teenagers/young men who seem to be put out every time you requested anything. A lot of the time, there was not even anyone at the reception, with the guys sitting at the breakfast area.

Conclusion: if you have already booked, then please read the advice above and make sure you do not pay anything above £50! This is certainly not a 4 star even by non-European standards (maximum 3 star).

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Travel2910
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Greetings from Beirut !

I wanted to thank you for staying recently with us and for taking the time to post this comment on trip advisor.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We would like to apologize for the negative points that you mention and we hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

All the Best,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked this hotel in 2012, almost 6 months after it first opened. I initially had booked two double rooms for 4 people, but when I went there it was a good surprise to have us upgraded to a Penthouse room with the same price.

Pros:

- Clean and modern.
- Central. Situated in Hamra.
- Friendly staff.

Cons:

- None.

Room Tip: Get the Penthouse.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Resemo

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your recent stay.
We look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut

Best regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Booked transport with them from BEY airport to the hotel which unfortunately failed due to a flat battery - but they were quick to offer a cab or wait for a bump start, which I took. The room was a fair size, but wi-fi very hit and miss depending where you are in the room - it's better in the bathroom than by the bed ... Great location near to everything you could possibly need in Hamra with helpful staff.

Room Tip: Be aware that as a city centre hotel most of the rooms face a noisy road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for all your comments posted about your recent stay.
It has been our pleasure to be at your service. We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feedback our staff. We would like to apologize for the negative points that you mention and we look forward to welcoming you to 35 rooms Hotel the next time you come back to Beirut.

best regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very central location in Hamra. Rooms were adequate but smelled funny. Did not try the breakfast but heard it was ok. Service was on/off ok. When checking in the guy at the reception was on the phone (personal phone) and didn't even bother to look at me and carried talking. Wifi on the 5th floor was terrible.

Room Tip: Maybe get a room closer to the ground to get better Wifi connection.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ThisisRamy

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here on my last night in Lebanon, had a big spacious room, very clean. Close to everything in Hamra, you can walk everywhere, good value for your money.

I didn't have breakfast because I checked out very early so I don't know know what it's like.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo