“Noisy room, unuseful room facilities, GREAT SERVICE AND STAFF”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of 35 Rooms

35 Rooms
Ranked #39 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Rome - ITALY -
“Noisy room, unuseful room facilities, GREAT SERVICE AND STAFF”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

While in Beirut I decided to move from the Hotel where I was staying to spend my last night in this hotel located in the heart of Hamra.

Lobby is pretty fancy, staff at the check in very welcoming and friendly, porter service efficient and speedy. Regrettably room lacked all over my expectations for the following reasons :

1) extremely noisy, It was impossibile to rest, to sleep.
2) facilities are very poor - Minibar is a joke, curtain was broken, Tv not functioning at all . . room supposed to have a coffee and tea facility and equipped with a kitchenette, but the only two things I saw It was a simple keattle (which was impossible to be operated as the cord was too short to reach the plug) and a microwave. However no cups, no glasses (even in the bathroom).
3) Security : Emergency Fire plan is not displayed anywhere in the room.
4) No space in the cabinet, just few hangers and a safe that makes an alarm as soon as you touch it !
5) internet has a charge and it is very slow.

Despite of the fact that I couldn't have the curtain fixed (honestly i did not care about the tv, minibar and kitchenette) my room was serviced at night, bed was very comfortable and bathroom spacious and clean. Staff in incredibly responsive, attentive, willing to greet you and assist you as soon as they see you. I had an early departure, night Manager organized my luggage to be collected, wake up call, taxi to the airport (at the right fare)
Although I rated my stay average, I would like to remark that Ithe feeling I had overall is that the Managment of this hotel is working very hard on improving their accommodation and I am sure the problems I experienced have been caused by the fact that the Hotel is on a new opening. I wish them success !

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

hotel loby remind me of cheap hotel in bangkok it is ok for one night room are small bed are not comfortable i do not know who ranked this hotel as number 4 it shoud be 74 very noisy bathroom are dirty and shower head is small you can not enjoy of having a shower

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kh9742142
Rawadshaaban, General Manager at 35 Rooms, responded to this review, 12 December 2010
Dear Sir,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Rawad Shaaban and I am the General Manager of 35 rooms. I Just read your comments and noticed that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. I would love to know when was your stay at our hotel and your room number. 35 rooms is number four on tripadvisor and number one on booking.com and never been reviewed like this. We reached this level after more than 200 reviews on all sites and i think we deserve it.

A terrible hotel is an unfair review in my opinion and it has been so hurtful, but I really respect it and promise that we will work on all details and assure that all your comments will be taken seriously.

Please I will be more than happy if you give us your contact details and our customer service team will contact you.

Best regards,
Chisinau, Moldova
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Been in few hotels in this city considering prices on the holly-days you don't get always the value.. We stayed in this hotel for two weeks first room was 130$ we got free upgrade:) i guess they had no rooms available considering big hollyday was at this time.. the room was at 5 floor the corner one which has a huge balcony the definitely need some cheers there so you can enjoy the classic view of Beirut ( half destroyed buildings: ) room was big and with comfy big bed, nice modern design big flatscreen tv, bathroom has some weird dark spots on corners ... but room was cleaned every day and it was good job..Second week stayed in 203 which has no balcony but was good to.( we got a deal on it 700$for 7 days) reception is very friendly and helpful, have free wifi in rooms too, tho they tried to charge for one extra laptop using internet but in the end give us free internet for both( don't get too exited internet is bad in Lebanon),
Location is great two min to Hamra street and walking distance to city center we walked around for several times is not far you cant get lost, tho weirdly locals even taxi drivers don't know streets and pretty much difficult to get directions. Breakfast... hmmm nothing too spectacular can't call it classical Lebanese, they don't have restaurant in hotel so i guess no surprise( you have room service but is delivery which is very good in beirut.)
recommend local stile delivery kebabs which has some on same street with hotel called barbar mmmm really good and fresh juice shop just beside. Lebanese food is great don't miss it :)..

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Stayed there for 2 weeks, loved it. Central Hamra.

Free Wifi and OK Breakfast. Although i was surprised no fruit on offer.

Should be number 1 in Beirut if you figure cost vs quality.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights and were overall quite pleased. Staff were friendly but did give us incorrect information on a few occasions. Rooms were clean and still new with noise from traffic and local mosques always heard. Buffet breakfast was great. Good value for new and clean hotel in Hamra.

• Stayed November 2010
Hcmc, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

very good stay but next time we would ask the staff to provide us with a "rear" view room.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Bratislava
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2010

Very nice hotell, good breakfast, good location,close to a lot of activites .