“Great stay! Good for female solo travelers.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Beirut
Saifi Urban Gardens
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I stayed for two nights, in different rooms and I can recommend it warmly, one of the best hostels I stayed in. The beds are great, the rooms are large and very pretty, both the dorms and the private rooms. At the restaurant they serve decent Lebanese food for a very good price. The only things I didn't like very much, were the bathrooms which were generally clean but not very good, especially the quality of the showers were poor. In one of the rooms you couldn't hang up the shower head and I had to hold it while showering. Also they don't have a kitchen which the guests can use like other hostels do. And their wi-fi is very slow, but that is normal for Lebanon. Good place to stay if you're a women travelling alone, there are many internationals and female solo travellers come there a lot, you will not stand out. Also it is in a very good location.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank jessberg

Reviewed 5 November 2012

it's an old building transformed in an hotel its like kind if dorms cool ambiance but a bit noisy i would suggest it for the price and location and the nice atmosphere it is located in Gemmayze (Beirut) in two minutes you are in the heart of Gemmayze where all the pubs are it is practical

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 29 October 2012

There is a reason why this place is packed all the time. Great location, clean, good cafe & rooftop bar.
It is basic but it is cheap. I would stay here again without question. The attached Saifi Institute is also a great place to learn Arabic.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I stayed at Saifi Urban Garden because a friend that lives in Beirut recommended it. I should have done my homework. The place is a hostel, not a hotel, which means bad service or rather no service. Rooms are more like dorm rooms not a hotel rooms. I'm not spoiled and i dont' mind roughing it but this was just bad all around and not worth the price. We paid $80/night for a family room with private bath. Not worth it.
There was loud music at all hours. The place smelled like paint. If we opened windows it was really noisy and the smell of highway was really strong. Wifi didn't work at all for the most of our stay. They fixed it towards the end of our stay but only in the lobby. It never worked in the room, as the site claims. Maybe if your room is right next to the reception it works. I dont' know. We were on 3rd floor (no elevator) and it didn't work there.
Breakfast was very scarce. And service - very surly. In fact, there was no service because you can hardly call it service when people act as if they were doing you a favor with a hint of disdain. I was really surprised actually to find such unfriendly attitude. It was probably the most unfriendly place that i encountered out all of my travels.
The only thing this place has going for it is its location. If you are into a bar scene that is. I'm not, so it was a total bust for me.
But I loved Beirut! Great city. Worth a visit. I will stay in Hamra next time.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank dervishdervish
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I spent two months there and we miss it. The rooms were clean and all our needs were met. Most of all, Nazih was the best and helped us with getting around. We highly recommend it. Things in Beirut can be very expensive and this place is affordable, safe and clean. The location is perfect, 10 minute walk from Martyr's Square. The staff were helpful! We will stay there again!

Room Tip: Get a room in Building 2 on the lower floors. The noise is better, but with the AC and the door clos...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nborden
Reviewed 25 July 2012

This place is very hard to find, the cab driver took 1hr for 15min drive. The place is not a 5 star or 4 star place, even not a 3 or 1 star, but when you can live with loud neighbours and some dirt, the place is quite ok.
Always consider that this is a hostel and not a hotel.
The included breakfast is very simple but the fact that there is one included in the little money you pay, is really good.
In total it is ok for 18$ US per night shared with 3 others if you are ok with strangers and loud neighbours or even room mates.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I like this place. It's where you can meet many people from many different countries. The room was nice,but my bad experience was when i checked in. The cafeteria guy " Ahmed" was supposed to help me to check in because it was Sunday(The reception is usually closed)I went down there waiting for a half hour to talk with the foreign chicks( All the conversation was wasting time). He asked me if i was American. I did not tell him i was, i just wanted to see how much Lebanese are fake. I gave him my driving license and checked in and i told him i am originally from Iraq, after then he started giving me this weird look and didn't say the hello back!!! I mean seriously!!!! do you discriminate between Arabs Mr Ahmed, may be you gust forgot that you are a seller. I hope your manager will see this message and fire you. Please do the fair behaves with others. Yes, i am Arabic and Iraqi and wanna scream when i say it .Other hotels are cheaper and the stuff there are so friendly with all people.

Room Tip: My room was good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends