“There in a time of need...”
Review of ParkTower Suites

ParkTower Suites
Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Let me begin by stating that this trip to Lebanon was not for business or pleasure. This trip to Lebanon was the result of a family emergency which, due to the most unfortunate of circumstances, ended in tragedy.

Our unscheduled trip to Lebanon left us with no hotel reservations. Upon our arrival to Beirut, having stayed at Park Tower Suites before, we decided give them a try. Fortunately for us, there was a vacancy.

Once we arrived at the hotel's front desk, the total check-in time was no more than 10 minutes. We were escorted to our room which, despite only an hour's notice, was cleaned, prepared and ready for us to occupy.

Quiet and large (for 2), the room was extremely comfortable. The attentiveness of the staff made it that much easier to wind down at the end of what were some of the longest, saddest days of my (and my wife's) life.

The same amenities that we have come to expect from Park Tower Suites were all available. The underground garage meant parking was never a problem. All the appliances and fixtures worked wonderfully which allowed my wife and I to tend to the tragedy at hand. The last thing we had the desire or patience to deal with was shoddy equipment or service.

Because of our short notice, we had to change rooms on the last night of our stay. Hotel staff took the initiative to find us a room on the same floor to make the transition easier. The room we were moved to was bigger than our previous room, with all the same amenities and some extras like the excellent view and kitchenette.

I've reviewed this hotel before, and nothing has changed in the quality of service. If anything, it further reinforces what I've said previously about this hotel. I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank the incredible staff for going out of their way to make this trip as easy on us as they could. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Chris C,

Thank you for promoting ParkTower Suites even in the very critical case that you were facing; hoping that all your visits to ParkTower Suites in the future will be for leisure or business and not as it was in the previous trip.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to all our shoppers and customers because our hotel is over demanded and we are having a shortage in "rooms to sell".
My team and myself, will be always ready to welcome you whenever you decide to pass by our hotel.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed for more than month and a half, this hotel is very convenient. Very big room and very confortable: very good bed, tv channels, armchair, air conditioner, very well isolated from noise, good shower, plenty of space in the table for working. The room includes microwave oven, fridge, kitchen.
The gym is very good with lots of machines, small swiming pool.
The location is very good, very close to the ABC shopping mall with a lot of options to eat within ABC and the surroundings. Several supermarkets and minimarkets in the area.
The staff is very warm, efficient and professional.
The only thing that can be improved is the breakfast. It does not offer too much variety and for long stays it can be a little bit boring / tiring.
Anyhow, this hotel is perfect option for long stay, I would repeat if I had to.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Antonio_123_12

Thank you for staying in our hotel recently and for posting your lovely review on TripAdvisor.
ParkTower Suites is the ideal four stars hotel for business executives and leisure travelers alike.
We are competing with the five stars hotels in Beirut and because of our experience all over the past years, we succeeded supported by our loyal guests like your good self.

I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your experience at ParkTower Suites and that we made your visit to Beirut unforgettable.

My team and I look forward to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is offering everything I need. I'm feeling at home but feeling in holiday at the same time.
I had a 1 bedroom suite, which is quite big and very well decorated. I also choose this hotel for the area, which is one of the safest place in Beirut and front of a hospital, 5mn walk to the shopping mall, everything is close.
The service is perfect, receptionists are very kind and smily (in particular Lara), they speak fluently French, englich and arabic.
The hotel has also got a spa in the building, haidresser, gym etc...
I would definitly recommand it and also come back there everytime I travel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Jihaine A,
What a fabulous review you have posted on TripAdvisor; it is highly appreciated by myself and the entire team at ParkTower Suites, especially Lara who personally served you and made your stay amazing in our hotel. We feel sad & excited at the same time when we read that ParkTower Suites is the safest place in Beirut.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut “in the near future.

General manager

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Based in Beirut for nine months, my employers booked me in to Park Tower Suites because another colleague had been very happy here before. And so am I.

I'm staying in a top floor suite comprised of two halves: one a large lounge/diner/kitchenette, the other a bedroom/bathroom. The bedroom has a walk-out balcony, not room to sit out (as on lower floors) but nice to have the 'outdoor access', including views to the west (dramatic sunsets beyond the city skyline, and the Mediterranean horizon). Bathroom is very well-appointed, including bidet. (Why do they put tape on the open loo-roll when they clean the room?!). Wifi is free (as it should be) and good, for multiple devices.

So far I've spent three months here and, after a three week trip home, am happy to return for a further six months. The hotel is situated in a great part of town, within walking distance of great shopping, eating and nightlife options, and within easy reach of many other recommended spots.

The rooms are modern, very comfortable, nicely decorated and well equipped - beds, cupboards, sofas, chairs, tv in both rooms and nice choice of lighting throughout.

Staff, from cleaners to Reception are always happy, helpful and quick to respond to any queries or requests.

My wife came to visit for two weeks and was warmly welcomed by everyone. She booked a treatment in the luxurious G-Spa facility in the hotel (which I think is a separate business). She was over the moon with the two-hour session and said it was the best such experience she has had anywhere in the world.

Breakfast and Gym membership is free for daily guests but not for monthly residents. I have used the gym which is extremely well-equipped. I've had breakfast in the restaurant and the choice seems reasonable and tastes good and fresh, but normally I buy in and eat in my room.

On arrival, the first room I got smelt strongly of cigar smoke, which I reported the next morning. The management tried to eradicate the problem during the day but when I returned from work I could still smell it so they moved me to an alternative straight away. I was very happy with it and am still there now.

As a self-catering suite, I was surprised at the lack of utensils supplied - almost none on arrival, and a wooden spoon, straining ladle, useless vegetable knife and cheapo chopping board on request. I appreciate that most people won't want them, but perhaps they should have a central supply downstairs of useful tools for those who ask - a serving spoon, a frying-pan lifter, garlic press, decent knife? The iron is new, but not very powerful, so hard work. Again, most won't want it much, but ...

I've had reason to call maintenance on a number of occasions - aircon unit leaking, cooker giving me a small electric shock. Response has always been rapid, friendly and efficient. I suspect the infrastructure is not as modern as the interior design.

Self-op laundry facilities are excellent. When I left Beirut for a few weeks they were happy to keep my stuff in storage for me.

Any of the above quibbles are far outweighed by the overall ambience and quality of the live-in experience.

Park Tower is my home from home. Thanks!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the **08 side have great sunsets. Sit-out balconies on lower floors, better views instead...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Cillian d
Sure your review could be considered a reward. Please allow me to thank you for all your comments and description mentioned above which could be really used as a marketing tool. You inspected and noticed right; We do concentrate on the promptness of services especially the maintenance. All the appreciation for your esteemed company and your employer.
Please do consider that my door is always open to welcome our guests and it would be a pleasure to meet you once you have couple of minutes.
Thank you once again for taking time in writing all the above.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

The Park Tower Suites is ideal for those who wish to stay in a hotel where the staff is efficient and friendly, the amenities function smoothly and is located ideally close to the center. I was very happy with the service, the quality of the rooms, the comfort of the bed and the amazing spa gym. Overall, a delightful experience. and the internet works really well. for Beirut, this is a miracle! would always come back to stay for it is the best value for money!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Sam_Bard
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor and thank you for complimenting our service professionalism and friendliness.
It is very delightful to know that you had a wonderful time at ParkTower Suites, enjoyed the service of our staff and were impressed during your stay with us.
It is highly appreciated that you considered some of our services a miracle especially the internet; I believe that No Internet = No Guest ..... for that, a huge effort from our side is focused on this service which we do offer for free as well as amazing speed and multiple users.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I stayed ten days, in Parktower suites, the suite was excellent, the service was very good the staff was polite and ready to help. The location is great accessible the different parts of the city.
Many friends of mine have stayed there, and have recommended me. I will return to parktower when I return to beirut.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor, facing a school, I enjoyed sitting at the balcony in the morning and the e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear edouard b
Thank you for choosing ParkTower Suites for your recent stay in Beirut. We really appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive review.
It was a great pleasure to read your post and share it with ParkTower suites' team. We are very excited that you enjoyed our facilities, service and location.
Thank you again for posting your feedback and promoting ParkTower Suites. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

General manager

Reviewed 25 October 2013

A recent visit to de Middle East included a stop in Beirut to visit family. The accomodation at this hotel, taking into account the fast speed internet, people's hospitality and willingness to accomodate all our needs, plus a full equiped kitchinette, makes it an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WaleedAbouZeid, General Manager at ParkTower Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear Jocada

I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at ParkTower Suites Beirut.

It is indeed a great pleasure to know that we made the right impression and gave you an unforgettable experience as usual.

I am very glad to note your satisfaction for the fast speed internet, the staff and promptness in serving our guests and all other facilities.

Thank you for your review which is considered a recommendation for our shoppers.
I look forward to welcoming you back next time you decide to visit us!