“a classic!”

Centrale
Ranked #39 of 803 Restaurants in Beirut
Price range: US$75 - US$95
Cuisines: Bar, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“a classic!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

an art work by renowned architect Bernard Khoury. exclusive ambiance with the no pretentious crowd.
great food from juicy meats to exquisite fish. not very affordable though. different areas terraces, indoor and the gorgeous squeezed bar on top...!

Visited February 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“No service, bad attitude and high prices take away from the delicious food.”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Centrale has a beautiful patio area away from the noise of the city. Unfortunately the expensive price and lousy service ruined the experience for me and my friends. Staff were unfriendly and our table was ignored from the moment we arrived. When our order was finally taken, it took forever for the food to come out. Thankfully the steak filet and vegetables were absolutely delicious. The bar is worth checking out. At the bar you can order from the restaurant menu AND get good service!

4 Thank Ziller
York, United Kingdom
“Rubbish Food”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Loved the style of the restaurant, the anonymous entrance and walkway, super modern interior and pleasant outdoor terrace where we all dined during our balmy evening visit. Adored the roof top bar and the quirky elevator ride to reach it. And clearly Centrale is the place to be for well heeled Beirut's as it buzzed with affluent types. But our food was absolutely terrible, tough tasteless veal for me and a limp waste of time steak for my husband. 0 out of 10 for food. Service from our delightful waitress was good but less so from the slightly surly greeter.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank mrstraveller1
Beirut, Beyrouth, Lebanon
“enjoyable evening”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We were a group of 6 mostly family. We sat outside. The garden space is very agreeable and fresh. We ordered starters and main dishes. The starters included Vitelo, St Jacques salad, tuna tartar, burata. Then for main dishes we had red snapper, catch of the day fish (grouper I believe), cote de boeuf, and foie gras. I tasted the tuna tartar and it was well done and fresh. I had the St Jacques salad and thought it was good though the St Jacques were not the freshest I ever ate. I also shared the cote de boeuf and thought it was done to perfection. I tasted the red snapper and thought they were a bit flask, The grouper, however, was very fresh and amazingly done. I also understood that the foie gras was good yet not quite mind blowing. I would say the food was much better than average at Centrale. The experience in general was positive for all though there was some imbalance in the quality and freshness of the dishes.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Ramzi M
Beirut, Lebanon
“Bar is great / Restaurant offers very average food and is expensive”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is one of my favorite place for a drink. The setting is great, as other reviewers mentioned.

I would not recommend the restaurant though. It is indeed very expensive for what you get, and the food is below average.

There are lots of nice restaurants in Beirut, so my advice is: eat someplace else, and then go to Centrale for a drink at their superb bar upstairs.

• Visited April 2012