"Wow" is the best word that comes to mind when describing the Staybridge Suites Beirut. Look up what "wow" stands for and you will understand the reason I chose this slang word/phrase/acronym. I am going to try not to write a book, but here are my personal reasons for this:
- first and foremost, the staff - a place of business is only as good as its employees. The managers, front desk staff, housekeeping, chefs, breakfast staff and even the security in this hotel will all go out of their way to assist with whatever you need for your comfort. I've never experienced such a cohesive unit in a hotel as this group is.
- the location - many hotels in Beirut claim to be "centrally" located. It is all dependent upon each individual traveler's needs. The Staybridge can accommodate both business and leisure seamlessly, and with the type of home-style comforts that are unmatched here.
- the decor - modern, clean, spacious, pleasing to the eye. Well placed. No overbearing furnishings here.
- the breakfast - always included, this is a comforting way to start the day. The display that is presented is a treat to the eye and a bigger treat to eat! The varieties of food to choose from are wonderful, and include the mandatory dry cereals and packaged yogurts all the way to turkey sausage hash, foul mudamas and real fried eggs ( no powdered substitute here!). This setting is a happy blend of North American and Middle Easten dishes and there is no better way to start a day than to partake in this buffet. The staff completely outdo themselves here - bravo!
- the rooms - we had a combination of studio and two bedroom suites between our family members during the course of our stay. Each has lovely decor and are tastefully decorated. They emphasize here that you are to consider yourself at home, but I must say that in so many ways, this is better than home! Spacious floor plans no matter what style you choose, floor-to-ceiling windows, blackout draperies, granite counters and kitchens that are stocked with all the necessary items needed to cook if one so chooses (microwave, fridge, cooktop, dishwasher, all plates, cutlery, kettle, mini butcher block, food storage containers, etc.) The beds are comfortable with down duvets, the bathrooms are sparkling clean, flat screen televisions in each room. These rooms are nothing less than oases.
- the amenities - included in one's stay is an amazing daily breakfast buffet, free wifi throughout the hotel (which other 4 and 5 star hotels charge a small fortune for), a gorgeous roof-top pool with showers and what looks like a bar with cappuccino machine (but no one attending when we used the pool), a 24 hour gym with an elliptical machine, treadmills, free weights, a universal gym, a yoga ball, and a flat screen tv to help pass the workout time : ). There is also a 24 hour laundry area with stacked washers and dryers to do your own laundry. The main floor has a place called "the Pantry" (common to all Staybridge hotels) which stocks little munchies such as Lay's chips, ice cream, frozen pizzas and small necessities that one may require. Open 24 hours. Underground parking that is almost unheard of at hotels in Beirut. At the very top of the hotel there is an outdoor patio, furnished with umbrellas and sofa seating. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 pm to 7:30 pm the hotel invites guests to mix and mingle with each other and staff over complimentary drinks and snacks - all overlooking a 360 degree view of Beirut. What a wonderful way to get to know your neighbors!
This is.a jewel for anyone wishing to grab it. My excitement over finding this hotel is mixed with a bit of jealousy in not wanting to reveal such a prize to the general masses, but I must digress and let it be known how superb this place is - for all the staff's sake. They are the best, and I will truly miss them.
Highly recommended for visitors of all categories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites® Beirut is a sleek, modern extended-stay hotel with an ideal location and cool design perfect for all travelers. Our stunning spacious studios, one or two bedroom suites feature a fully equipped kitchenette, complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, a premium TV with cable are offered for your entertainment. The private kitchen is equipped with microwave, full refrigerator, dishwasher and a coffee/ tea maker. The bathroom has a jetted bathtub and a separate shower. Conveniences include being in the center of a thriving shopping district, doorstep from famous Hamra Street, Restaurant Row, Sea Front promenade, Down Town area, AUB university and hospital are just few blocks away. Complimentary breakfast is served in our Hub Kitchen and guests can mingle over complimentary drinks and snacks at our evening reception held twice a week. Enjoy the sun from our rooftop outdoor swimming pool, stay in shape using our creative Exercise Room and park your car in our secured underground garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Beirut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.