“This hotel has more than earned it's number one rating”

Staybridge Suites Beirut
Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Calgary, Canada
“This hotel has more than earned it's number one rating”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

"Wow" is the best word that comes to mind when describing the Staybridge Suites Beirut. Look up what "wow" stands for and you will understand the reason I chose this slang word/phrase/acronym. I am going to try not to write a book, but here are my personal reasons for this:
- first and foremost, the staff - a place of business is only as good as its employees. The managers, front desk staff, housekeeping, chefs, breakfast staff and even the security in this hotel will all go out of their way to assist with whatever you need for your comfort. I've never experienced such a cohesive unit in a hotel as this group is.
- the location - many hotels in Beirut claim to be "centrally" located. It is all dependent upon each individual traveler's needs. The Staybridge can accommodate both business and leisure seamlessly, and with the type of home-style comforts that are unmatched here.
- the decor - modern, clean, spacious, pleasing to the eye. Well placed. No overbearing furnishings here.
- the breakfast - always included, this is a comforting way to start the day. The display that is presented is a treat to the eye and a bigger treat to eat! The varieties of food to choose from are wonderful, and include the mandatory dry cereals and packaged yogurts all the way to turkey sausage hash, foul mudamas and real fried eggs ( no powdered substitute here!). This setting is a happy blend of North American and Middle Easten dishes and there is no better way to start a day than to partake in this buffet. The staff completely outdo themselves here - bravo!
- the rooms - we had a combination of studio and two bedroom suites between our family members during the course of our stay. Each has lovely decor and are tastefully decorated. They emphasize here that you are to consider yourself at home, but I must say that in so many ways, this is better than home! Spacious floor plans no matter what style you choose, floor-to-ceiling windows, blackout draperies, granite counters and kitchens that are stocked with all the necessary items needed to cook if one so chooses (microwave, fridge, cooktop, dishwasher, all plates, cutlery, kettle, mini butcher block, food storage containers, etc.) The beds are comfortable with down duvets, the bathrooms are sparkling clean, flat screen televisions in each room. These rooms are nothing less than oases.
- the amenities - included in one's stay is an amazing daily breakfast buffet, free wifi throughout the hotel (which other 4 and 5 star hotels charge a small fortune for), a gorgeous roof-top pool with showers and what looks like a bar with cappuccino machine (but no one attending when we used the pool), a 24 hour gym with an elliptical machine, treadmills, free weights, a universal gym, a yoga ball, and a flat screen tv to help pass the workout time : ). There is also a 24 hour laundry area with stacked washers and dryers to do your own laundry. The main floor has a place called "the Pantry" (common to all Staybridge hotels) which stocks little munchies such as Lay's chips, ice cream, frozen pizzas and small necessities that one may require. Open 24 hours. Underground parking that is almost unheard of at hotels in Beirut. At the very top of the hotel there is an outdoor patio, furnished with umbrellas and sofa seating. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 pm to 7:30 pm the hotel invites guests to mix and mingle with each other and staff over complimentary drinks and snacks - all overlooking a 360 degree view of Beirut. What a wonderful way to get to know your neighbors!

This is.a jewel for anyone wishing to grab it. My excitement over finding this hotel is mixed with a bit of jealousy in not wanting to reveal such a prize to the general masses, but I must digress and let it be known how superb this place is - for all the staff's sake. They are the best, and I will truly miss them.

Highly recommended for visitors of all categories.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

To start, I would like to thank you for the efforts in sharing your experiencewith us at Staybridge Suites. Having read your amazing review, this brought the team nothing but happiness and satisfaction as well it has proved that our staff are ready to serve our guests and ensure that they are showing a genuine interest and empathy to our clients.

At Staybridge, we aim to please all the tastes for this reason we make sure that the breakfast settings include a mixture of American and Middle Eastern Dishes.

In addition to that, our goal is to let our guests feel at home and this is delivered through providing all necessary utensils in the kitchenette of our suites, comfortable mattresses, high tech and high speed wifi throughout the hotel.

We are so delighted you have enjoyed the services and facilities in our property and looking forward for your future visit in Beirut. We truly remain,

Faithfully Yours

Maysa Achkar
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay there the place is anazing the staff all of them are super the manger Ihab is a great man looks for details and real leader .. guy in breakfast room great person so welcoming person if you smoke look for smoking room dont try your luck in non smoking room the city is great 10000 lira inside city the taxi drivers all are nice airport 20 dollar or 30000 lira only went to jeita and gonia half day 50 dollar don't pay more to taxi to stay with you during the visit at saturday night after 10 pm gamaysiah nice pubs downtown just to visit so expensive roucha prices are reasonable go by day and again by night nice place overall weather was amazing me and my wife enjoyed if I come back staybridg is really staybridge thank you

• Stayed June 2014
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Beirut. Our entire team is delighted to know that you have enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel as well as during your tour in Lebanon.

Your advices will surely benefit all visitors wishing to come to Lebanon and stay at our property,
I'd like to thank you again for choosing our hotel to stay in when visiting Beirut, and I look forward to welcoming you back to your second home in the very near future!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my family 2 adults and 3 children , we stayed 10 days at staytbridge and it was a wonderful experience . The hotel is very well located , close to restaurants and streets of much commerce . We stayed in a two bedroom apartment overlooking the sea, equipped with microwave , dishes , glasses, pots and everything else needed to make small meals. Very clean and nicely decorated , with king size beds and spacious bathrooms . The hotel also offers laundry facilities , gym room, a garage , a living room with playstation , computer, printer for access to patrons. the hotel also has free wifi available throughout their dependencies . On the top floor is located the heated pool with a breathtaking view of the entire city . Another highlight were the staff . Super polite , friendly and well trained , there should be hardly any hotel in Beirut where you feel so well accommodated , as if it were in your own home. Sara and Tarek and the reception, they were always helping us order food in local restaurant and were always providing us with information about the daily life in town and even gave us lessons in how to ask things in Arabic. The breakfast was also worderfull- Guy with your sympathy and another onde that I can not record the name were always with big smile in their faces and preparing tasty foods for us . Breakfast Arabic style with all the local delicacies. The hotel and its staff are to be congratulated. I recommend everyone that when they come to Beirut do not miss staying at the Staybridge. Your home away from home. For sure I'll be back.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms suits with seaview is a must.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Beirut for your stay in Beirut. We are truly fortunate and honored for giving us the chance to be of service to you and your family.
Our entire team is delighted to learn that you’ve enjoyed your stay and thankful for recommending our property to your friends and relatives. Sharing your experience brought nothing but joy and happiness to our staff whom are constantly doing their utmost so that our guests feel at home.

The detailed description of the hotel facilities reveals to us that we succeeded in delivering Staybridge Suites concept to all our visitors! Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I think what makes this hotel the best is the very friendly service that I got. I’ve been to other hotels in the Middle East but none had the friendliness of the staff that works in this hotel. Everyone had a big smile when they greeted you; especially, Sara and Tarek from reception, Guy and Wael of the breakfast buffet and Nassimah of housekeeping. Anything that I asked for, I got within minutes. For example, when I had a problem operating the stove on the first day, within minutes someone was there to help me.
In addition, the breakfast buffet had more varieties than I could possibly eat and the view from the Patio at the roof was just breathtaking!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Valued Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We are so grateful to know that the friendly attitude of our staff makes us unique and different from other hotels in the area. I will surely share your review with the staff since your feedback and compliments are very important for us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts once again and hopefully we will see you soon in your second home.

Best Regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have been to Beirut many times and stayed many different hotels there, specially Hamra so to start with Hamra is well known for being a very noisy area, however you will not have a problem with the street noise at this hotel. You simply don't hear it. On top of that the beds are just amazing!
Everything is at walking distance. You are right in the middle between Hamra and Verdun, 2 of the nicest areas in the city. Finding a cab or "service" to go to other areas like downtown is very easy too.
The pool is something apart. Just beautiful and the view over the city is amazing. Nowhere else you can get the view. The mattresses at the pool are wide and soft, not your average you expect in hotel pools. Everything very clean and well maintained.
The room was really nice, spacious, modern decorated with flat TV, and sparkling clean. The kitchen was very well equipped, just like a a good home kitchen with everything you need.
The hotel staff is very friendly and always ready to help with anything you need, specially the stuff at the breakfast, always making an effort to make sure everything is nice (Thank you Guy!)
The GM must be proud of his hotel and his staff!
I will be back in Beirut in June and for sure I'm staying at Staybridge again for sure! this is my new home in Beirut ,i love it frans

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank fransamsterdam123
Dear Valued Guest,

To start with, I truly admire your wonderful comments and for that, I deeply thank you for the sharp and detailed description of Staybridge Suites property. Your honest feedback plays a very important role in our success.

We are so proud of being able to deliver our services as per the standards and satisfying our guests’ needs. In addition to that, we would like to thank you for considering Staybridge Suites Beirut as your new home away from home.

Looking forward for your next visit in June...

Best Regards,
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My second time here... The whole entire team is beyond amazing and I can't believe how much they bend over backwards to ensure you are happy and comfortable. StayBridge Team, you rock! Make sure you schedule time for breakfast, even if it's just to say hi to the awesome team there. Guy makes a pretty awesome coffee (that's coming from someone that doesn't normally drink coffee). Truly the most comfortable place I've ever stayed at and can't wait to come back.........

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having selected our hotel once again for your visit to Beirut and for taking the time to post your inspired comments.
We are extremely delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay, the friendly team, the food and the hotel culture as a whole.
We are really looking forward for your next visit in your second home away from home…

Best Regards

Ihab Kanawati,
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed there for 10 nights towards the end of April. Looking at all the reviews that were written before me, I really do not know how much more I can add. Of course the location is very convenient to every where in Beirut. We walked pretty much most of the time . we stayed in a one bed room apt, that was very nicely furnished and quite spacious, the kitchen was very well equipped. The whole lay out of the hotel, the nice swimming pool and the beautiful view from the roof were all amazing. But to me what made our stay special and enjoyable was the staff that greeted us with an authentic smile and welcome every time they saw us and were responsive to every request we had. Tarek, Rabi, Maysa, Sara, and Elie ( forgive me if I missed some other names) were really outstanding hosts. The cleaning staff were very good too. As for the breakfast, that definitely was the highlight of the morning. Guy greeted us every morning with a smile and looked as if so happy to see us . The buffet was better than any breakfast buffet we have had in other similar suites . Both cold and hot items were displayed very nicely and the area kept very clean.

Another plus the price of our stay was reasonable for what was offered.

I also have to mention that when a minor problem with the Ac unit surfaced, it was promptly attended to. Finally I commend the general manager, Ihab, for running a tight ship.

We will definatly return.

Room Tip: Choose higher floors as the view is much nicer and of course it is quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all and on behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your cheerful and honest feedback. I will surely share your review with the whole staff.

At Staybridge Suites, we focus on delivering great service to ensure guest satisfaction and we make certain that every concern is our concern. We always make sure that the team responds to all requests promptly in order to reveal professionalism and dedication.

We look forward to accommodate you again during your next visit to Beirut.

We truly remain respectally yours,