“Best place in Beirut”

Staybridge Suites Beirut
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 23 June 2014

As frequent visitor to Beirut for the last 15 years have stayed at many places. But since they opened Staybridge suites I don't need to look for anything else anymore. Have stayed there five times in the last 7 months. Rooms are spacious, clean and very nice decorated with a super comfortable bed. The rooms are quiet and has nonstop wifi. You only log-in upon arrival and it is set for the entire stay. Breakfast is nice and doesnt finish early as in most places.
The swimmingpool is fantastic with a great view on the 23rd floor.
The staff is just great, I won't name any-one as there are no exceptions. The best friendliest staff one can find. Thank you Staybridge Suites for the warm welcome each time and the great service. As you say, more home then hotel, it's a five star hotel where I feel home.
P.s. The location is perfect for a tourist. Right next to Hamra, 2 blocks (2minutes) walk.

Ab Scholten

Room Tip: Stayed on cityview and Seaview, both were great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the time you have taken in posting your experience stay at TripAdvisor following your recent visit to our hotel.

I am delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about the hotel, our employee's service and friendliness, and the views from our rooftop pool.

I look forward to welcoming you back to your second home in this lovely city of Beirut in the near future!

Guest Servcies Manager

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The best hotel of many I've visited in Lebanon. For less than $400 per night, we got a huge 130 square meters suite with two bedrooms located on 15th floor. It's fully furnished and the only problem may be finding necessary stuff in countless drawers. Aircon system is silent and precise. The suite had a large balcony with sea and mountains view and an openable window in the second bedroom (that has a transparent protection glass making is safe for children). Views from the room were great.

Hotel location is almost ideal for tourists, as it's located at an equial distance from all points of beirut old city's shore.

The hotel was opened just a few months ago, and many hotel employees really look like they have fun with their job, what's very untypical for large hotels. In the lobby, there are severel book shelves with many interesting and expensive books/albums on architecture. Unexpectedly, the roof pool area was almost always empty, making you "king of the hill".

Last but not least. We've broke one plate in the kitchen and reported that upon checkout, but instead of getting a new line in the bill we've been thanked for honesty.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Beirut, and I am delighted to note that you’ve enjoyed your overall experience with us.

Thank you for complimenting the hotel's facilities and services. Our team is always ready to deliver a memorable stay to our guests through providing full attentiveness and concerns.

I'd like to thank you again for choosing our hotel to stay in when visiting Beirut, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Sincerely

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My stay at this attractive hotel was more than I could have expected. We came to Beirut for a family reunion; I came across this hotel on Trip-Advisor.com. The rooms are NEW and gorgeous! I was so amazed at the decorations throughout the hotel and in the rooms. The beds were very comfortable. They offer free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel as well as five stars “FREE” breakfast not to forget about the "FREE" happy house twice a week.

The staff was THE STARTS of this hotel, Compassionate and friendly; the place was VERY SAFE & family oriented, relaxing and well kept. ALL time 24/7 when I needed assistance with anything the staff was quick to comply with my needs.

I have told a couple of my friends about this wonderful place and I was told by one who visited that they also enjoyed their stay, I would definitely stay here again. Lastly, I would like to recognize the staff and board for a wonderful experience. Keep up the FANTASTIC work!

Room Tip: "TOP floor rooms"
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guests,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We are so grateful to know that the friendly attitude of our staff made your experience wonderful.

I will surely share your review with the staff since your feedback and compliments are important for us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts once again and hopefully see you soon in your second home.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I just got back together with my wife from the 5 days trip to Beirut, where we stayed at Staybridge. The hotel is relatively new, we had room 805. The room was big enough with small kitchen. The bed was really comfortable. The breakfast was really tasty with vast variety of Lebanese dishes, but the best experience is the guy, who welcomes everyone and makes the mood for the whole day:)! On the roof there is a swimming pool - not so big, but really nice with amazing views over Beirut. You must see the sunset from there. The only concern during our stay was that it wasn't able to see football World Cup on TV in the hotel which started several days ago... So I really recommend this place to stay at Beirut !

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

To start, I would like to thank you for your wonderful review on tripadvisor.
We are so proud of being able to deliver a great experience during your stay as per the standards.

As for the World Cup, we are glad to inform you that we were able to broadcast the tournaments on the Lebanese Channel to satisfy guests request.

Thank you for recommending Staybridge Suites for the guest’s visiting Beirut and looking forward to welcoming you in your next stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

"Wow" is the best word that comes to mind when describing the Staybridge Suites Beirut. Look up what "wow" stands for and you will understand the reason I chose this slang word/phrase/acronym. I am going to try not to write a book, but here are my personal reasons for this:
- first and foremost, the staff - a place of business is only as good as its employees. The managers, front desk staff, housekeeping, chefs, breakfast staff and even the security in this hotel will all go out of their way to assist with whatever you need for your comfort. I've never experienced such a cohesive unit in a hotel as this group is.
- the location - many hotels in Beirut claim to be "centrally" located. It is all dependent upon each individual traveler's needs. The Staybridge can accommodate both business and leisure seamlessly, and with the type of home-style comforts that are unmatched here.
- the decor - modern, clean, spacious, pleasing to the eye. Well placed. No overbearing furnishings here.
- the breakfast - always included, this is a comforting way to start the day. The display that is presented is a treat to the eye and a bigger treat to eat! The varieties of food to choose from are wonderful, and include the mandatory dry cereals and packaged yogurts all the way to turkey sausage hash, foul mudamas and real fried eggs ( no powdered substitute here!). This setting is a happy blend of North American and Middle Easten dishes and there is no better way to start a day than to partake in this buffet. The staff completely outdo themselves here - bravo!
- the rooms - we had a combination of studio and two bedroom suites between our family members during the course of our stay. Each has lovely decor and are tastefully decorated. They emphasize here that you are to consider yourself at home, but I must say that in so many ways, this is better than home! Spacious floor plans no matter what style you choose, floor-to-ceiling windows, blackout draperies, granite counters and kitchens that are stocked with all the necessary items needed to cook if one so chooses (microwave, fridge, cooktop, dishwasher, all plates, cutlery, kettle, mini butcher block, food storage containers, etc.) The beds are comfortable with down duvets, the bathrooms are sparkling clean, flat screen televisions in each room. These rooms are nothing less than oases.
- the amenities - included in one's stay is an amazing daily breakfast buffet, free wifi throughout the hotel (which other 4 and 5 star hotels charge a small fortune for), a gorgeous roof-top pool with showers and what looks like a bar with cappuccino machine (but no one attending when we used the pool), a 24 hour gym with an elliptical machine, treadmills, free weights, a universal gym, a yoga ball, and a flat screen tv to help pass the workout time : ). There is also a 24 hour laundry area with stacked washers and dryers to do your own laundry. The main floor has a place called "the Pantry" (common to all Staybridge hotels) which stocks little munchies such as Lay's chips, ice cream, frozen pizzas and small necessities that one may require. Open 24 hours. Underground parking that is almost unheard of at hotels in Beirut. At the very top of the hotel there is an outdoor patio, furnished with umbrellas and sofa seating. Every Tuesday and Thursday from 6 pm to 7:30 pm the hotel invites guests to mix and mingle with each other and staff over complimentary drinks and snacks - all overlooking a 360 degree view of Beirut. What a wonderful way to get to know your neighbors!

This is.a jewel for anyone wishing to grab it. My excitement over finding this hotel is mixed with a bit of jealousy in not wanting to reveal such a prize to the general masses, but I must digress and let it be known how superb this place is - for all the staff's sake. They are the best, and I will truly miss them.

Highly recommended for visitors of all categories.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

To start, I would like to thank you for the efforts in sharing your experiencewith us at Staybridge Suites. Having read your amazing review, this brought the team nothing but happiness and satisfaction as well it has proved that our staff are ready to serve our guests and ensure that they are showing a genuine interest and empathy to our clients.

At Staybridge, we aim to please all the tastes for this reason we make sure that the breakfast settings include a mixture of American and Middle Eastern Dishes.

In addition to that, our goal is to let our guests feel at home and this is delivered through providing all necessary utensils in the kitchenette of our suites, comfortable mattresses, high tech and high speed wifi throughout the hotel.

We are so delighted you have enjoyed the services and facilities in our property and looking forward for your future visit in Beirut. We truly remain,

Faithfully Yours

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay there the place is anazing the staff all of them are super the manger Ihab is a great man looks for details and real leader .. guy in breakfast room great person so welcoming person if you smoke look for smoking room dont try your luck in non smoking room the city is great 10000 lira inside city the taxi drivers all are nice airport 20 dollar or 30000 lira only went to jeita and gonia half day 50 dollar don't pay more to taxi to stay with you during the visit at saturday night after 10 pm gamaysiah nice pubs downtown just to visit so expensive roucha prices are reasonable go by day and again by night nice place overall weather was amazing me and my wife enjoyed if I come back staybridg is really staybridge thank you

• Stayed: June 2014
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We highly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at Staybridge Suites Beirut. Our entire team is delighted to know that you have enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel as well as during your tour in Lebanon.

Your advices will surely benefit all visitors wishing to come to Lebanon and stay at our property,
I'd like to thank you again for choosing our hotel to stay in when visiting Beirut, and I look forward to welcoming you back to your second home in the very near future!

Ihab Kanawati

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Me and my family 2 adults and 3 children , we stayed 10 days at staytbridge and it was a wonderful experience . The hotel is very well located , close to restaurants and streets of much commerce . We stayed in a two bedroom apartment overlooking the sea, equipped with microwave , dishes , glasses, pots and everything else needed to make small meals. Very clean and nicely decorated , with king size beds and spacious bathrooms . The hotel also offers laundry facilities , gym room, a garage , a living room with playstation , computer, printer for access to patrons. the hotel also has free wifi available throughout their dependencies . On the top floor is located the heated pool with a breathtaking view of the entire city . Another highlight were the staff . Super polite , friendly and well trained , there should be hardly any hotel in Beirut where you feel so well accommodated , as if it were in your own home. Sara and Tarek and the reception, they were always helping us order food in local restaurant and were always providing us with information about the daily life in town and even gave us lessons in how to ask things in Arabic. The breakfast was also worderfull- Guy with your sympathy and another onde that I can not record the name were always with big smile in their faces and preparing tasty foods for us . Breakfast Arabic style with all the local delicacies. The hotel and its staff are to be congratulated. I recommend everyone that when they come to Beirut do not miss staying at the Staybridge. Your home away from home. For sure I'll be back.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms suits with seaview is a must.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Maysa A, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing Staybridge Suites Beirut for your stay in Beirut. We are truly fortunate and honored for giving us the chance to be of service to you and your family.
Our entire team is delighted to learn that you’ve enjoyed your stay and thankful for recommending our property to your friends and relatives. Sharing your experience brought nothing but joy and happiness to our staff whom are constantly doing their utmost so that our guests feel at home.

The detailed description of the hotel facilities reveals to us that we succeeded in delivering Staybridge Suites concept to all our visitors! Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Ihab Kanawati