Let's begin with the positives:
- Housekeeping's service was wonderful!
- The views from the balcony of the sea were pretty spectacular.
- The pool was really nice (just don't try to get service out there)
- Lobby is lovely
The not so positives:
The rooms were very similar to any old Hilton you might find in the States. Note: this may be one of the nicer hotels in Beirut, but isn't a great hotel.
The wifi is BRUTAL! Rarely could we even access websites, let alone work.
Service when attempting to get coffee in the morning on the deck was horrific. We waited as long as 50 minutes and as short as 20. Really, there were only a handful of others there, so I don't get it.
Service continued to be an issue everywhere we went. We made the mistake of going to the bar - $35USD for a glass of wine; $40 for a cocktail (no joke) and we had to literally beg for service on top of it. Bartender didn't know how to make a martini, didn't know where to find the types of brands. We felt so trapped as there wasn't much around there. Prices were sky high. I was fairly certain it was because we were American and were charged absurd prices. I would rarely make such an assertion. If you order outside on the patio, beware as the glassware is even smaller (plastic) and prices even higher. Service continued to be the biggest issue. Even when we complained (hey - we were there for FIVE days!) we were never give more attention, etc…The staff really weren't trained or interested in their positions.
Final point: Taxis are ubiquitous in Beirut, but from the Phoenicia you have to take one everywhere as there isn't much in the area. No pedestrian traffic, very sterile area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea with its majesty and grandeur, Phoenicia InterContinental stands proudly at the heart of Beirut, a few minutes from the city’s business and banking district, the major shopping areas and the vibrant downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Phoenicia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Beirut