“Will stay again”

Le Commodore Hotel
Ranked #40 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
“Will stay again”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in March 2014. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location was excellent and is only a few minutes walk to the main Hamra strip. Internet access code expires after 24 hours and need to call to get new username/password. There are no appliances and therefore had to call daily to get hot water, iron and board. Water bottles are way over priced and so recommend crossing the road to buy same bottle for 5000L less. I was also accused for using the mini bar but did not. This was finally credited back to my account. Overall hotel is reasonably priced and would stay again next time I am there.

1 Thank Fadi2013
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Fadi2013,

Thanks so much for the nice review and for sharing your constructive comments and experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the location and the cleanliness of your room!

On the other hand, your comments about the internet code, hot water appliance and mini bar prices are seriously handled and corrective measures will be taken.

Thank you for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and we look forward to hosting you again during your next visit.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 March 2014

During the period 1980-1983 I frequently visited Beirut as an officer of the NL Detachment UNIFIL (Dutchbatt), but our government always lodged us in the Riviera Hotel - I know Commodore as the centre for the international press (with foreigners reporting the events from the poolside bar!), and it was great to stay in this historic location. It has a fantastic, classic breakfast room and quiet rooms - in spite of its central location. During my stay they were busy installing a new WiFi system; when that is operational, Commodore will be an ideal business location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our property, and thank you for staying with us at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and location and we are delighted to Inform you that the new software for WIFI is implemented.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and in Lebanon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've come to Lebanon twice in the past couple of months and I've long decided Le Commodore Hotel is the hotel for me whenever I visit Beirut! The staff were great everything was done exactly how I requested. There were 2 of the staff that really stood out Ms.Bushra and Ismaar. Never felt more welcome going to a hotel because of those 2, specially Bushra who works at the reception if you see her I recommend going to her for anything you may need during your stay! She is very polite, does not keep you waiting and gives one of the best services expected from a receptionist; and I travel the world and live in hotel rooms. Though I do have one issue with the hostess at the breakfast. After the welcome I got from Bushra and Ismaar and other staff members I expected more than I received. I decided to eat my breakfast in my room and I will probably continue to do so. All in all I recommend Commodore, I will go back there soon.

Room Tip: Ask Bushra at the reception!
1 Thank Nima T
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Nima T,

Thank you for staying with us at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and for taking the time to share your good review with us on Trip advisor.

We glad to learn about the nice experience you had during your stay with us and thank you for your kind words about our team members. We are always committed to providing the best quality and service to all our guests alike.

Thank you once again for your stay with us at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut; we are looking forward to hosting you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 nights after staying in the nearby WH, just for a change. What a mistake that was. The room I was given, unbelievably for a hotel thats gives itself 4 stars, had a adjoining door to the room next to me! I didnt really think about it until the neighbours checked in and I could hear EVERYTHING. It was like I was sharing a room with strangers. There was absolutely no soundproofing, the door was obviously a left over that they hadn't bothered to fix. It was like staying in a dorm in a youth hostel.

Upon asking politely to be moved to a room that didnt have a `party door' I was told there was none available! This, in a 200 room hotel, at a time when hotel occupancy in Beirut is at 30% (I had just watched a cnn report Lebanese tourism on the room tv oddly enough) No apology, no explanation; so I had to endure an entire night of being kept awake by my excitable neighbours who seemed to be on the phone till about 5am. So I had no sleep, and was exhausted for the rest of my stay, even though they did move me the second night. If I hadn't paid in advance I would have gone back to the WH whose staff actually seem to care about their customers.

At a time when tourism is at an all time low you would think that the hotel would be bending over backward for people who give them custom, the least I expected was a refund for the first night, or a upgrade for the remaining 2, but no. Not even a apology.

So for that reason alone, despite the hotels otherwise good qualities I would never book here again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask if your room (probably only in standard rooms) has a door to another room
2 Thank Brittraveller2
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Brittraveller2,

Thank you for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut for your stay and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns on TripAdvisor.

We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that all issues raised have been addressed properly with the concerned teams and corrective measures have been taken in order to avoid the recurrence of such incident in the future.

We hope that you will afford us a future opportunity to demonstrate our true hospitality and once again, thank you for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and for your feedback.

Kind regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Spent a superbly relaxing yet exciting 3 nights in this Hamra-based hotel.

It's location in central Beirut meant walking in the city was so doable - the Lebanese American university -downtown - Hamra - all by foot. The range of bars / shops and restaurants on the hotel'a doorstep meant that we experienced first hand the huddle and bussle of Beirut life.

The hotel itself has some of the friendliest staff in the region combined with superb comfort and top-class facilities. The bedroom was clean, well maintained and provided all the required mod cons for the 21st century traveller.

The mid-point price also was highly attractive

I will be back in June and will certainly stay once again.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Middleeast_pete,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor, following your recent stay with us at Le Commodore Hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed the location of our property in the middle of Hamra and took advantage of everything around.

We are keen to offer our guests the best quality and service and the whole team was most encouraged by your positive review.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Beirut.

Kind regards,
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Because of its location at the heart of Birut, it is recomendable to stay there. Although the breakfast quality and service is not as it shall be. Another problem was some noise in the room which was somehow difficult to suffer.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AliElmi
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear AliElmi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we have well received your comments concerning the breakfast and the noise in the room, so please stay assured that any feedback you would provide will be communicated and corrective measures will be taken for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip to Beirut.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This was our first trip to Lebanon and this hotel was a great choice for that. The staff were very friendly and helpful. and the area is great with a lot of shops, restaurants and bars in Hamra. Hotel has some interesting history too, being the home of journalists and reporters during some of Beirut's troubled times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Craig M
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Mr. Craig M,

We are so pleased to read your positive review and to know that you had a great experience during your stay with us.

With so many nice things to say, we are almost at a loss for words.

On behalf of the staff, we would be pleased to host you again at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut.

Warm regards,