“Nice hotel in a good location.”
Review of Le Commodore Hotel

Le Commodore Hotel
Ranked #44 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Jarvenpaa, Finland
“Nice hotel in a good location.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotels restaurant Benihana was excellent. The service in all overall was very good and polite in reception. Pool was good. The only minus was that the hotel is a five star place, but the room in my standard was 3.5, which was average/good, but not excellent, although the price for a night was reasonable compared to other five star hotels. I liked it a lot and recommend this.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Sami,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your good comments on our Tripadvisor page. It is wonderful to hear that Le Commodore Hotel Beirut is your favorite hotel in Lebanon.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our famous Japanese restaurant Benihana, our service and staff politeness.

Finally, I personally thank you for your continued loyalty to us and for recommending Le Commodore Hotel Beirut to all travelers.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have arranged my wedding dinner at one of this hotel's restaurants and stayed my first night in this hotel. For sure this hotel will hold a lot of memories for me for the long run. I highly recommend this hotel for the following reasons:
- very helpful and friendly staff
- one of most popular and reputable hotels in Beirut
- the rooms are so clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Reem,

We thank you so much for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut for your wedding, and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. It is with great pleasure to read how you described it as “one of the most popular & reputable hotels in Beirut”.

We are very delighted to hear that you spent a great time in our hotel’s room and that you found our staff welcoming and helpful and that the services and facilities were up to your expectations. We always strive to make every guest feel at home.

We thank you again for your recommendation and congratulations!!!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel was clean and in a good area. I however would not consider it 5 star. Simple things like the concierge being able to call and make reservations or confirm restaurant locations were not done. They said they can not call out from the front desk. These are basic services that should be provided by a 5 star hotel. In addition, the staff was not very knowledgeable about tourist attractions and activities. I will say all of the staff was very pleasant. The value for the location and polite staff were the highlights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bee L
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Beel L,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on our Tripadvisor page. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the politeness of our staff.

Please note that reference to the service provided by our concierge, the hotel addressed that issue with the concerned team and corrective measures have been taken immediately.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Le Commodore Hotel Beirut.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in March 2014. The room was very clean and comfortable. The location was excellent and is only a few minutes walk to the main Hamra strip. Internet access code expires after 24 hours and need to call to get new username/password. There are no appliances and therefore had to call daily to get hot water, iron and board. Water bottles are way over priced and so recommend crossing the road to buy same bottle for 5000L less. I was also accused for using the mini bar but did not. This was finally credited back to my account. Overall hotel is reasonably priced and would stay again next time I am there.

1 Thank Fadi2013
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Fadi2013,

Thanks so much for the nice review and for sharing your constructive comments and experience here on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the location and the cleanliness of your room!

On the other hand, your comments about the internet code, hot water appliance and mini bar prices are seriously handled and corrective measures will be taken.

Thank you for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and we look forward to hosting you again during your next visit.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 March 2014

During the period 1980-1983 I frequently visited Beirut as an officer of the NL Detachment UNIFIL (Dutchbatt), but our government always lodged us in the Riviera Hotel - I know Commodore as the centre for the international press (with foreigners reporting the events from the poolside bar!), and it was great to stay in this historic location. It has a fantastic, classic breakfast room and quiet rooms - in spite of its central location. During my stay they were busy installing a new WiFi system; when that is operational, Commodore will be an ideal business location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our property, and thank you for staying with us at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast and location and we are delighted to Inform you that the new software for WIFI is implemented.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and in Lebanon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I've come to Lebanon twice in the past couple of months and I've long decided Le Commodore Hotel is the hotel for me whenever I visit Beirut! The staff were great everything was done exactly how I requested. There were 2 of the staff that really stood out Ms.Bushra and Ismaar. Never felt more welcome going to a hotel because of those 2, specially Bushra who works at the reception if you see her I recommend going to her for anything you may need during your stay! She is very polite, does not keep you waiting and gives one of the best services expected from a receptionist; and I travel the world and live in hotel rooms. Though I do have one issue with the hostess at the breakfast. After the welcome I got from Bushra and Ismaar and other staff members I expected more than I received. I decided to eat my breakfast in my room and I will probably continue to do so. All in all I recommend Commodore, I will go back there soon.

Room Tip: Ask Bushra at the reception!
1 Thank Nima T
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Nima T,

Thank you for staying with us at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and for taking the time to share your good review with us on Trip advisor.

We glad to learn about the nice experience you had during your stay with us and thank you for your kind words about our team members. We are always committed to providing the best quality and service to all our guests alike.

Thank you once again for your stay with us at Le Commodore Hotel Beirut; we are looking forward to hosting you back in the near future.

London
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked this hotel for 3 nights after staying in the nearby WH, just for a change. What a mistake that was. The room I was given, unbelievably for a hotel thats gives itself 4 stars, had a adjoining door to the room next to me! I didnt really think about it until the neighbours checked in and I could hear EVERYTHING. It was like I was sharing a room with strangers. There was absolutely no soundproofing, the door was obviously a left over that they hadn't bothered to fix. It was like staying in a dorm in a youth hostel.

Upon asking politely to be moved to a room that didnt have a `party door' I was told there was none available! This, in a 200 room hotel, at a time when hotel occupancy in Beirut is at 30% (I had just watched a cnn report Lebanese tourism on the room tv oddly enough) No apology, no explanation; so I had to endure an entire night of being kept awake by my excitable neighbours who seemed to be on the phone till about 5am. So I had no sleep, and was exhausted for the rest of my stay, even though they did move me the second night. If I hadn't paid in advance I would have gone back to the WH whose staff actually seem to care about their customers.

At a time when tourism is at an all time low you would think that the hotel would be bending over backward for people who give them custom, the least I expected was a refund for the first night, or a upgrade for the remaining 2, but no. Not even a apology.

So for that reason alone, despite the hotels otherwise good qualities I would never book here again.

Room Tip: Definitely ask if your room (probably only in standard rooms) has a door to another room
2 Thank Brittraveller2
Eddy C, Director of Sales & Marketing at Le Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Brittraveller2,

Thank you for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut for your stay and for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns on TripAdvisor.

We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that all issues raised have been addressed properly with the concerned teams and corrective measures have been taken in order to avoid the recurrence of such incident in the future.

We hope that you will afford us a future opportunity to demonstrate our true hospitality and once again, thank you for choosing Le Commodore Hotel Beirut and for your feedback.

Kind regards,