“Nice but Expensive”

Movenpick Hotel Beirut
Ranked #5 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Movenpick is movenpick, best hotel ever. The hotel is located in the heart of beirut with amazing sea view. Gym is big and almost comprehensive, Spa Area is wonderul. Rooms are big, clearn and well decorated. Food is taste.
One note, prices inside the hotel are exteremly expensive, for instant I made 4 minutes call, where i had to pay 82 USD !! not fair.

Room Tip: Never make a call using the hotel lines
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Very pricey hotel in Beirut. (a lil bit exagurated). But since i booked a hotel over a german tourist agency, it was not that bad. All in all, nice hotel who got recently renovated. Nice location, altough not in the downtown. To reach taxi or Hamra distrikt, you definetely need a taxi. Facilities are very up to date, nice spa area as well as gym area. Breakfast was classy too, but nothing out of ordinary for 5* facillity. I liked their executive lounge, since been upgraded and really enjoyed the food and snacks in the lounge. Very nice evening bar w live piano plays and singer, relaxing athomsphere. Lovely outdoor pool (one of the best in Beirut), but indoor pool is nice too. Beirut nice city to visit, full of contrasts. Friendly staff and will definetly be back in the hotel once there is any possibility coming to Beirut again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Lara B, Communications Manager at Movenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Eddie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review for our property.

We are so pleased that you listed your favorite things and places in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Mövenpick Hotel Beirut and in Lebanon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Having a long experience of travelling for business in Beirut, I had visited the Movenpick on many occasions for a coffee or meal but had never in the past stayed there. On my last visit I decided to stay at the Movenpick because the offered rate has been more attractive than that of my two other usual hotels (one of which gave me a rate 50% up from 2012 and this despite the low season).
My stay has been very pleasant thanks to the friendly and professional staff, large comfortable room and great breakfast. In the future I will definitely have the Movenpick on my top choices.

Room Tip: choose a sea view room - any floor is fine
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vassilios M
Lara B, Communications Manager at Movenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Vassilios,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review about Mövenpick Hotel Beirut on Trip Advisor!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you soon again in our hotel!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

confortable and clean. everybody is so kind. good restaurants and wonderful swimming pool on a fantastic view. not to loose the spa.i was here in winter and it was wonderful experience. in summer time i suppose it will be fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014
Lara B, Communications Manager at Movenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for writing to us! Reading your review was a delight and we would love to welcome you again in Beirut during the Summer season!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very nice hotel with very friendly and welcoming staff.
large gym, indoor and amazing looking outdoor pool (unfortunately it was to cold at this time of the year) all very clean!
great location and as I was there on business I did rely on a good night sleep which was no problem in the super comfortable bed!
All in all I can only recommend this hotel to everyone travelling to Beirut!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Lara B, Communications Manager at Movenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Nicole,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to every one who would like to visit Beirut! We are delighted that you spent a lovely time with us and we hope that you will return once the weather is warmer so that you can really enjoy a complete five star resort experience at Mövenpick Hotel Beirut!

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I cannot believe that I have just paid $400 Australian a night only told by a rude young man at recetion that it is standard for each room to be supplied with a SINGLE sachet respectively of coffee and tea. When I complained I was told that it was standard and I could get extra coffee via room service. No thank you. Further more the bath robe and slippers specified in the inclusions were conspicuously absent but given the very rude reception of my request for more than one coffee sachet for 2 people, I did not want to ridk firther rudeness. It is a pity because I really enjoyed the Movenpick at Petra, Jordan but my Beirut experience was totally unsatisfactory given the price which was quite frankly exhorbitant for the lack of courtesy and amenities. The setting is very beautiful BUT I cannot believe that for $400 Aus you get a single sachet of Nescafe for two people and an extremely rude and dismissive reception from the staff person (male) who answered my call. All I wanted was at least 2 coffee sachets and a courteous reception. To be told that a single sachet was standard was simply unacceptable and will ensure that I will not choose Movenpick again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Lara B, Communications Manager at Movenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Myrlwynn S,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and writing your review on TripAdivsor.
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that all your comments have been reviewed with the relevant mangers in order to take immediate actions and to avoid similar situations from being repeated in the future.

We are very sorry that due to unfortunate circumstances in your room you have been provided with only one coffee sachet as well as you could not find the bathrobe and the slippers as this is definitely not per Moevenpick Hotels standards; we do provide more than one coffee sachet as well as both a robe and slippers in Moevenpick Hotels and it should have not been otherwise in your case.

Concerning the reception attitude, please, in order to ensure a proper follow I would appreciate if you would to contact me on lara.bechalany@moevenpick.com, so that I would be able to gather more details in this respect.

Thank you very much for your kind attention, I hope to hear from at your best convenience and as well, I hope that you will visit us again in the future in order to have the opportunity to show you our improvements.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 times and the last time was in December. The hotel is beautiful and has a beautiful swimming pool. I got a sea view room and it was amazing to sleep and wake up with the sounds of the waves.
The hotel is very clean. Housekeeping team are fantastic!!! They checked my room about 3 times a day. The food from room service was delicious and the staff were so friendly.
The breakfast in the main restaurant was nice - but could be better. The view is unbelievable beautiful, however the staff there could be a little bit more friendly and quickly. I order for a cappuccino and it took 15 minutes for them to deliver it (I was alone in the restaurant). I ordered for scramble eggs and the chef gave me fried eggs (it wasn't cooked properly) - but the rest of the food was delicious. That restaurant just need a little bit more of "love".
The receptionists were fast, helpful and very friendly. They have a very nice cafe / bar with sea view and it's a nice place to have a glass of wine or coffee while you read a book.
In general I loved the hotel and would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Choose room with sea view - they are the BEST!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank GigiDubai
Lara B, Communications Manager at Movenpick Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

We are so pleased to read your review! With so many nice things to say, we are almost at a loss for words!

On behalf of the staff, we would be delighted to host you again and we will surely take your comments into consideration.