“Perfect Five Star Value for Money in Beirut” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gefinor Rotana Hotel

Gefinor Rotana Hotel
Ranked #14 of 119 Hotels in Beirut
Mclean, Virginia
“Perfect Five Star Value for Money in Beirut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Perfect five star value for money !
I had the pleasure of staying at the Gefinor Rotana Hotel in Beirut on April 11th 2012 for three nights while on business. For those of you who know the Rotana chain of hotels you will be happy to know that their Gefinor Rotana has not only excelled in the brand standard but I found their level of customer care and attention to be even higher than their flagships in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
Upon arrival and after a long connecting flight from the US, I was given a two bedroom apartment which could certainly accommodate any business traveler’s ego and was perfectly appointed with all the amenities that you could possibly imagine including a very large bowl of fresh fruit. What a treat after a long flight. The only thing I lacked was the sea view. The next morning and after a perfectly quiet night of sleep in luxurious bedding, I asked if they could move me to a smaller room but afford me the sea view for that extra treat while in Lebanon. I arrived in the evening exhausted from a full day of travel to find out that the most efficient staff at the hotel had already moved me to a room with a fabulous view.
While bumping into famous journalists from The New York Times, other accomplished TV reporters whose faces I could recognize and obviously a number of well to do families who were there for the Easter break, I could not help but notice one common denominator in the staff at Gefinor Rotana. They are all exceptionally friendly, perfectly helpful and hugely professional in their approach towards all their hotel guests. The rich, the famous, the demanding vacationing families and those who seek to extract the most from their hotel experience while on business. An unpretentious business hotel with all the quality trimmings of a genuine five star property. If headed to Beirut on business try it.
Perfect value for money!

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view. Well worth it. All rooms are super quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BobbyBatman
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review on Trip Advisor on our property.
I was very glad to learn that you found us excelling in the brand service and that our level of customer care and attention are very high.

I am delighted to note that the front office staff managed to move you to a sea view room on the next day.

Thank you for finding our staff exceptionally friendly, perfectly helpful and hugely professional in their approach towards all hotel guests and our hotel unpretentious business hotel with all the quality trimmings of a genuine five star property.

Thank you for recommending our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mark Timbrell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We arrived close to midnight and were upgraded to an ocean view room. All the regular amenities one would expect, including welcome pastries, flowers during the wk and very good service overall. Location is fine, easy walk to corniche, hamra bars and restuarants and 15 max to walk downtown. Breakfast is substantial, but table service for juice and coffee could be a little better. Room service and bar service both excellent with staff remembering who you are. Front desk staff are very helpful - the doorman and his team however appeared to be having a social time outside the hotel which did not create a good impression and further attention could be paid to the presentation of the arrival area outside. Overall a good hotel, nice but small pool area and staff who wanted to help.

Room Tip: Ocean view or upgrade to club, but only if you will be at the hotel during the club hours - our tour...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kabell14
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Gefinor Rotana.

Thank you for your nice comments about the breakfast and we are glad to learn that you found our Room Service and Bar Service excellent.

Guest feedback is always appreciated and taken as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities. I was concerned to learn that table service during breakfast and Doorman service fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that immediate action was taken to correct deficiencies.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gefinor Rotana Hotel the next time you are in Beirut!

Cleveland, Oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

The location is OK. Next to the American University and business district, ten min walking to the Corniche. However most of the exciting rebuilding of Beirut has occurred in the old city and the harbor, which are 10 15 min by taxi.
The rooms are not large but tastefully furnished and provided with everything one may need. They are quiet, even those over a busy street. The lounge at the 14 th floor provides a great view, great food and drinks and outstanding service. Bar and restaurant are worth a visit. Parking and Internet are not free but the charges are reasonable.
What distinguish this hotel is the fantastic service from the desk, the management, the house staff and the waiters. It is done in a very friendly and professional matter that you don't experience any longer in US, even in more prestigious hotels.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank marcopolo111
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you found our rooms quiet, tastefully furnished and provided with everything one may need.

I was especially pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the Club Rotana Lounge and that you found the view and the food and drinks great, as well the service to be outstanding. In fact I was delighted to learn that overall you had fantastic service in a very friendly and professional manner. We constantly work hard to provide this experience for our guests and I am very pleased that we managed to distinguish ourselves in this important aspect.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future..

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is just about average. I arrive at 4:30 pm having booked at king size premium room and was asked if I could take two doubles and told the room would be ready in 15 minutes. I sat for an entire hour waiting to check in with people telling me it would just be 5 more minutes. No one could tell me why it was taking so long - and I watched people check in the entire time. The rooms are just about average, clean but a little musty smelling. I asked for a map and was handed one that didn't really have any streets marked on it. I asked them to check my bag for my stay and saw it sitting out in the lobby 4 hours after I checked. Generally the staff has been fairly unhelpful and barely competent. I don't really recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CuriousTraveler503
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

In relation to your remarks regarding the check in, I would like to sincerely apologize. During your visit the hotel was running at very high occupancy and unfortunately despite our efforts to encourage guests to leave at the check-out time, some delays occurred, thus creating delays for guests arriving. I have investigated why other guests may have gone up to their rooms before you and this can happen due to different room types being requested or indeed a preference for a smoking or a non smoking room. Normally we would have expected to check you in immediately at this time, or a maximum of half an hour delay. I am sorry that it took longer on this occasion.

As for checking in the bags, I have discussed the matter with the Front Office Manager to find out regarding the inconsistency in standards. Unfortunately I have been unable to track your particular issue as I do not have enough details. I am not sure why it seems to have taken a further three hours to receive your bags after you arrived at the room and would be grateful if you could contact me with further details.

Regarding the tourist map we provide, this is a standard tourist map and there is not as much detail as you may have required. We do offer a service to print maps with more detail if guests requests, however, I am also investigating to see if there are other products on the market and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

On your next visit to Beirut, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on mark.timbrell@rotana.com to do the necessary arrangements.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

However you got to stuck in the traffic to reach this hotel,but it is worth it, people there always make your day, very profesional & friendly staff, food is amazing and service is impecable ..

Room Tip: ask for hihg floors where you can get a better seaview
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you found our staff professional and friendly and that they made up your day.

Thank you too for the nice comments about the food and we are happy that you found our service impeccable.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

We spent 2 nights in a sea-view Premium room, on the 9th (non-smoking) floor. Reservation and check-in was smooth and efficient, and the room rate was extremely good value. Although the room had a nice view and was clean, it is starting to show its age: bed mattress sagged, bathroom small and needs a glass curtain (cloth curtain looks old and unhygienic), and the room door has no chain-lock. This was a problem for us, as our child kept opening the door to exit the room. Needless to say, having a chain-lock is more secure for guests.
Although the room was on the 9th floor and had double-glazing, road noise could be heard. The hotel offer a huge choice of pillow types (around 8), which is quite inpressive.
Room service was good, with a diverse menu and prompt service. Although the wifi is reasonably priced, we didn't get a chance to use it.
Apart from the excellent value for money, the hotel location allows you to fully make use of what Ras Beirut has to offer (shopping, restaurants, AUB, AUBMC, seaside corniche). There is a lot that is within walking distance. The staff are very friendly, attentive, and eager to please.
One gripe is the valet parking - hotel guests are charged a flat rate of $11 a day. Although this is for unlimited usage for each day, one would expect it to be free or for a token amount.
Overall, although the hotel has some minor flaws, the hospitality is top-notch, and offers great value. Recommended.

Room Tip: The sea-view rooms whose numbers end in 03, 04, 05 have floor to ceiling windows (but no balcony).
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

Regarding the rooms condition, I am pleased to inform you that having completed the lobby, reception and restaurants’ renovation, we are now working on the new designs for our guest rooms..

Thank you for your nice comments about our various pillow types, WiFi connection, location and value for money.

We are glad to learn that you found our room service menu diverse and the service prompt, as well
that you found our staff very friendly, attentive, and eager to please.

Thank you for recommending us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

Hotel is great value for money.
The location is strategic, staff is very friendly ! The hotel management makes sure that guests are well taken care of.
Food is excellent.
A few steps away from Hamra Street , from the American University of Beirut ( AUB ) ,very close to the sea front corniche.
Would definitely return again and strongly recommend you stay there if you have to conduct business in Ras Beirut ( Hamra area ).
Make sure you book a sea-view room.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MICHEL H
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2012

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you found our location strategic and that our food and facilities were up to your expectations.

I am especially pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the stay in our rooms, our buffet and the view from our rooftop.

Thank you for recommending our hotel.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.