“Exceptional Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Belfast
“Exceptional Hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have been staying on and off at this hotel (standard rooms) for some two years sometimes for extended periods of two to three weeks. The service has always been excellent and the staff extremely attentive and friendly. Rooms are clean and well equipped with (now) good wifi internet speeds for Lebanon. The gym on the top floor is small but well equipped and always attended by helpful staff. The pool is also small but adequate and nicely designed and situated with great views over parts of the city and the Mediterranean. The ground floor has recently been refurbished and is comfortable and stylish. The hotel is managed by people who care. Best hotel I have stayed in for quality and value for money in Beirut and maybe anywhere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jonathan M
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are delighted to learn that you found our service excellent and our staff extremely attentive and friendly. As well, that you found our room rooms clean and well equipped and the upgraded wifi was up to your expectations.

Thank you too for your nice comments about our pool and gym on the top floor and the Lobby.

It is indeed a privilege for us that you consider our hotel best for quality and value for money in Beirut and maybe anywhere.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Mark Timbrell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I have visited Beirut in the Easter holiday and stayed at this hotel. Great Experience, the staff are so friendly and offer help at any time with a smile. we requested a high floor room, they provided us what we asked for and a sea view as well. Location is great , 5 minutes walk from the cornishe and alot of cafes. Hotel is quite , beds are comfortable however, rooms are not that spacious but its wasnt a big deal for us. TV channels are plenty and cater to the interest of everybody. Check in and out was very smooth. I would definitly stay there again if i will go back to beirut.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Beebo73
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review on Trip Advisor for your recent stay with us at Gefinor Rotana Hotel-Beirut.

I was so pleased to learn that you had a great experience and that you found our staff friendly and helpful.

I am happy to know that you found our location great, hotel quiet and beds comfortable.

Thank you for your comment on the TV channels and it is good to learn that you found our check in/out smooth.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to Gefinor Rotana Hotel once again.

With Best Regards,

Mclean, Virginia
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Perfect five star value for money !
I had the pleasure of staying at the Gefinor Rotana Hotel in Beirut on April 11th 2012 for three nights while on business. For those of you who know the Rotana chain of hotels you will be happy to know that their Gefinor Rotana has not only excelled in the brand standard but I found their level of customer care and attention to be even higher than their flagships in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
Upon arrival and after a long connecting flight from the US, I was given a two bedroom apartment which could certainly accommodate any business traveler’s ego and was perfectly appointed with all the amenities that you could possibly imagine including a very large bowl of fresh fruit. What a treat after a long flight. The only thing I lacked was the sea view. The next morning and after a perfectly quiet night of sleep in luxurious bedding, I asked if they could move me to a smaller room but afford me the sea view for that extra treat while in Lebanon. I arrived in the evening exhausted from a full day of travel to find out that the most efficient staff at the hotel had already moved me to a room with a fabulous view.
While bumping into famous journalists from The New York Times, other accomplished TV reporters whose faces I could recognize and obviously a number of well to do families who were there for the Easter break, I could not help but notice one common denominator in the staff at Gefinor Rotana. They are all exceptionally friendly, perfectly helpful and hugely professional in their approach towards all their hotel guests. The rich, the famous, the demanding vacationing families and those who seek to extract the most from their hotel experience while on business. An unpretentious business hotel with all the quality trimmings of a genuine five star property. If headed to Beirut on business try it.
Perfect value for money!

Room Tip: Ask for the sea view. Well worth it. All rooms are super quiet
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BobbyBatman
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this nice review on Trip Advisor on our property.
I was very glad to learn that you found us excelling in the brand service and that our level of customer care and attention are very high.

I am delighted to note that the front office staff managed to move you to a sea view room on the next day.

Thank you for finding our staff exceptionally friendly, perfectly helpful and hugely professional in their approach towards all hotel guests and our hotel unpretentious business hotel with all the quality trimmings of a genuine five star property.

Thank you for recommending our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We arrived close to midnight and were upgraded to an ocean view room. All the regular amenities one would expect, including welcome pastries, flowers during the wk and very good service overall. Location is fine, easy walk to corniche, hamra bars and restuarants and 15 max to walk downtown. Breakfast is substantial, but table service for juice and coffee could be a little better. Room service and bar service both excellent with staff remembering who you are. Front desk staff are very helpful - the doorman and his team however appeared to be having a social time outside the hotel which did not create a good impression and further attention could be paid to the presentation of the arrival area outside. Overall a good hotel, nice but small pool area and staff who wanted to help.

Room Tip: Ocean view or upgrade to club, but only if you will be at the hotel during the club hours - our tour...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kabell14
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at Gefinor Rotana.

Thank you for your nice comments about the breakfast and we are glad to learn that you found our Room Service and Bar Service excellent.

Guest feedback is always appreciated and taken as an opportunity to improve our services and facilities. I was concerned to learn that table service during breakfast and Doorman service fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that immediate action was taken to correct deficiencies.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gefinor Rotana Hotel the next time you are in Beirut!

Cleveland, Oh
Reviewed 6 April 2012 via mobile

The location is OK. Next to the American University and business district, ten min walking to the Corniche. However most of the exciting rebuilding of Beirut has occurred in the old city and the harbor, which are 10 15 min by taxi.
The rooms are not large but tastefully furnished and provided with everything one may need. They are quiet, even those over a busy street. The lounge at the 14 th floor provides a great view, great food and drinks and outstanding service. Bar and restaurant are worth a visit. Parking and Internet are not free but the charges are reasonable.
What distinguish this hotel is the fantastic service from the desk, the management, the house staff and the waiters. It is done in a very friendly and professional matter that you don't experience any longer in US, even in more prestigious hotels.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank marcopolo111
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you found our rooms quiet, tastefully furnished and provided with everything one may need.

I was especially pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the Club Rotana Lounge and that you found the view and the food and drinks great, as well the service to be outstanding. In fact I was delighted to learn that overall you had fantastic service in a very friendly and professional manner. We constantly work hard to provide this experience for our guests and I am very pleased that we managed to distinguish ourselves in this important aspect.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future..

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is just about average. I arrive at 4:30 pm having booked at king size premium room and was asked if I could take two doubles and told the room would be ready in 15 minutes. I sat for an entire hour waiting to check in with people telling me it would just be 5 more minutes. No one could tell me why it was taking so long - and I watched people check in the entire time. The rooms are just about average, clean but a little musty smelling. I asked for a map and was handed one that didn't really have any streets marked on it. I asked them to check my bag for my stay and saw it sitting out in the lobby 4 hours after I checked. Generally the staff has been fairly unhelpful and barely competent. I don't really recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CuriousTraveler503
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

In relation to your remarks regarding the check in, I would like to sincerely apologize. During your visit the hotel was running at very high occupancy and unfortunately despite our efforts to encourage guests to leave at the check-out time, some delays occurred, thus creating delays for guests arriving. I have investigated why other guests may have gone up to their rooms before you and this can happen due to different room types being requested or indeed a preference for a smoking or a non smoking room. Normally we would have expected to check you in immediately at this time, or a maximum of half an hour delay. I am sorry that it took longer on this occasion.

As for checking in the bags, I have discussed the matter with the Front Office Manager to find out regarding the inconsistency in standards. Unfortunately I have been unable to track your particular issue as I do not have enough details. I am not sure why it seems to have taken a further three hours to receive your bags after you arrived at the room and would be grateful if you could contact me with further details.

Regarding the tourist map we provide, this is a standard tourist map and there is not as much detail as you may have required. We do offer a service to print maps with more detail if guests requests, however, I am also investigating to see if there are other products on the market and thank you for bringing this to my attention.

On your next visit to Beirut, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on mark.timbrell@rotana.com to do the necessary arrangements.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. Constructive feedback is always appreciated.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

However you got to stuck in the traffic to reach this hotel,but it is worth it, people there always make your day, very profesional & friendly staff, food is amazing and service is impecable ..

Room Tip: ask for hihg floors where you can get a better seaview
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
GefinorRotana, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel.

We are glad to learn that you found our staff professional and friendly and that they made up your day.

Thank you too for the nice comments about the food and we are happy that you found our service impeccable.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.