“Stayed for 5 weeks- great location and staff”

Gefinor Rotana Hotel
Ranked #9 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Ottawa, Canada
“Stayed for 5 weeks- great location and staff”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I chose the Gefinor for its central location in Hamra. It's within walking distance to the university, waterfront, amazing local restaurants and Zatouna bay marina. It's also only a 20 minute walk to the Beirut souks- great high end shopping.
The staff, especially Hany Zeineddine, with whom we negotiated our 5 week stay, were great. He worked within our budget and went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed.
We ate at the hotel a few times and we were always pleased.
The rooftop gym and heated infinity pool were a big bonus. The gym staff is friendly and helpful! They even opened the gym early when they saw my husband waiting one morning.
We had a great time overall and would definitely stay here again!!

N. Mahfouz

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank NMahfouz
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Mrs Mahfouz,
First of all thank you for sharing your experience at Gefinor Rotana Beirut on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to see that you appreciated both the services of the hotel and its location.
Please be sure that your comments have been passed to our colleagues and they will surely go a long way.
We do look forward to welcome you back soon to Gefinor Rotana Beirut.
with kind regards,
Franck Royer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at gefinor rotana before and to be honest it was really nice yet they didn't really advise us with special trips although we asked. I booked a room already starting 20th of February and I hope this time it would be more welcoming and better.
Farah Radwan

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Mrs Radwan

We are delighted to receive your very nice comments and appreciation to our services and we are looking forward welcoming you back in a few days time at Gefinor Rotana Beirut.
We have noted all your comments and hopefully you will have a great stay with us again !
Thank you once again for taking the time to write.
kind regards,

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed for 1 week in a classic room.I came for business and leisure at the same time.the hotel has the best location in town ,near downtown were my business was and at the same time next to the cornish with a great sea front .i had dinner with a couple of friends in the hotel restaurant and the sea food was amazing.The staff was very friendly and helpfull with a very professional behaviour.Definitly i will choose rotana gefinor for my next trip to lebanon

• Stayed November 2013
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at Gefinor Rotana Beirut, on TripAdvisor. We are glad to learn that you have enjoyed both the hotel facilities and the service provided by our colleagues, and be sure that your comments have been passed on to the team.
We are looking forward welcoming you back soon to Gefinor Rotana Beirut,
With kind regards,

Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my third time staying at Gefinor Rotana. As always, the breakfast and seafood buffet night are superb. The service is excellent. I always stay at this excellent location near American University.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,
First of all I would like to thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at Gefinor Rotana Beirut on TripAdvisor, which were shared with my colleagues.
Looking forward welcoming you back soon to your home away from home,
With kind regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I've stayed here in June 2013 for 3 nights. It was a very pleasant stay. Upon arrival the staff is there to take care of your safety and Luggage. There is plenty of visible security which makes you feel secure. The frontdesk staff is very friendly and very welcoming, they really made me feel welcome and gave the check in procedure a personal touch by asking about my flight etc. My agent booked a standard room but I was given an upgrade to a very nice room with lounge access, without even being member of their loyalty program. The room I was given was large, a seperate living area, guest bathroom and a large bedroom with stunning views. The bed is very comfortable and the sheets so soft. Every staffmember I met was friendly and caring, the roomservice has great food on offer and the lounge is a very nice area with great food and drinks. I really had a great time!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
We are delighted to receive your very nice comments and appreciation to our services and to our team members as well.

Thank you for your patronage and support to Gefinor Rotana Beirut. Indeed we value your trust and confidence in us.

Dear Reviewer,
I am very pleased to know that you were very satisfied with your last stay experience at Gefinor Rotana Beirut. We are constantly striving to achieve the highest standards of service so it is always very rewarding for my team and I to know that we have met your expectations.

I will personally pass on your comments to our entire team who will be delighted and grateful for your generous comments.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in Gefinor Rotana Beirut in the near future.

With kind Regards,
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Just came from 14 day stay there. This was my second stay in Gefinor Rotana. Everything about this hotel is great. Stuff is professional and cooperative, and make you feel welcomed as a dear guest.

Food is excellent; very well prepared and there's a variety of it for breakfast.

Location is good, five minutes away from Hamra street, and you can get a view of the sea from some rooms.

I would specially like to point out lovely ms Paula Wakim from the front desk, and all the people serving breakfast.

When I come to Beirut again, I'm gonna stay in this hotel, for sure.

Room Tip: you can ask a room with a view to the sea.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I will personally pass on your comments to our entire team who will be delighted for your generous comments.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 6 January 2014

this hotel is excellent in all and every aspect. very friendly & cooperative staff. great location. perfectly clean. excellent service. great value for money. i would certainly recommend it for my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
franckroyer, General Manager at Gefinor Rotana Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Reviewer,

As we are constantly striving to achieve the highest standards of service so it is always very rewarding for my team and I to know that we have met your expectations.

With Kind regards and best wishes for a Happy New Year 2014 !