“Great boutique hotel in Beirut”
Review of Hotel Albergo

Hotel Albergo
Ranked #29 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
London, United Kingdom
“Great boutique hotel in Beirut”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

If you want something different, stay at this hotel. It's in a nice areas which loads of small shops, bars and restaurants. The hotel itself is great, rooms are big and nicely decorated, staff is very attentive. This is the only hotel where i could have eaten 3xmeals a day at the hotel, food is very good. The rooftop is a great asset!
So good because it has a personality.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Hotel A, General Manager at Hotel Albergo, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Dear Denabs,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux following your recent stay in our premises,

It gives us a great pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay in our premises and that you enjoyed the Rooftop restaurant.

I really look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you soon in your Beiruti Home.

Jihane Khairallah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Hotel is very different with rooms designed with different style with Arabic Taste in few, the breakfast on top is sepcail however the construction is an issue

Room Tip: Book a room away from the construction area
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tarazikhaled
Dear Tarazitarek,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to review our Hotel,

I do value your comment on the construction noise and I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our premises as soon as the works will be over,

Kindest regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

If you fancy a lazy, posh brunch in Beirt, make sure you stop at the rooftop of the Albergo. Wonderful food (the Lebanese breakfast was amazing) in very pretty and comfortable setting. The only let down was the average coffee and the just-there service. The staff didn't have a bad attitude, they simply had no attitude. The place is stunning however and this should not put you off. We would have stayed here, but with the jackhammers going in the neighbouring street, we didn't feel it was the way to have a relaxing weekend. Next time for sure.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank browniecj
Dear Browniecj,

I would like to thank you for taking the time for reviewing the Albergo Rooftop,

I would like to express my apologies knowing that your experience fell short of your expectations, and that you were left to feel disappointed on different levels, especially with our service. I can appreciate what an inconvenience this was for you.

We value your feedback and take it as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

As mentioned to you previously, I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to the feedback we receive from our dear guests, and will take immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Once again, I appreciate you sharing your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Beirut when you decide to visit again.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I decided to check the Albergo since it gets so many good reviews. It is indeed a very charming and quiet place in the middle of Beirut. A beautiful old house with old furniture. For those who said it needed renovation please ! This is a Relais & chateau establishment. The beauty of this place is the architecture and the way they renovated withouth removing the charm and aesthetics of the place. My room had a very nice vintage rug, interesting prints on the wall nicely framed, beautiful fabrics for curtains. If you are into that - then it will speak to you. The bathroom was fabulous - large with jacuzzi. Had my own balcony. I truly enjoyed. Spent 2 nights there. On the same street you have very good restaurants among the famous lebanese one. Breakfast on the roof deck is lovely. The roof deck is small and the pool very small but again the decoration, flowers & plants surrounding it make the place special. I hardly saw any guest, I felt like at home.
My 2 last nights I booked them at the Four Seasons as I wanted to be by the sea. Totally different but of course very Four Seasons so very predictable. Check my review there. Rooms are so standard in a way very boring. But they have an amazing pool deck with a great view. However it's a huge place with lots of traffic.
I do recommend the Albergo for a special stay.

Room Tip: 101 - you have your own balcony and it's a very romantic suite
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank axel16
Dear Axel16,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to recommend the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux after your recent stay with us.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our premises from the room decoration, the bathroom as well as our restaurant and the terrace,

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future,

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2011

Have to say that the Albergo is one of the best hotels i have stayed in. Everything from the rooms to service to location were excellent. Definetely recommend this hotel for anyone travelling to Beirit.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Dear APat83,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our Hotel after your recent stay at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our facilities especially the room service,

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut in the near future.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 16 April 2011

It was my friend's birthday so we had dinner for the first time at the roof top of this hotel ... what can i say ...cozy atmosphere great service along with friendly & attentive staff . we definitely will recommend it to our friends .
Thanks pascal for the chocalate cake , well done.

• Stayed April 2011
Dear Sawsan Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice review on Trip Advisor after your diner at the Albergo Rooftop,

It gives me a great pleasure to know you enjoyed your dinner and that you enjoyed the chocolate cake,

I really look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you back in our restaurant,

Florence, Italy
Reviewed 5 April 2011

What can I say? just pure marvel..... the most charming hotel I ever been. And I do travel an awful lot.
One of the nicest memories I have of my relationship

We were given two different rooms, both absolutely wonderful, furnished with superb stile in old ottoman fashion. I loved the Molton Brown toiletries too :-)
We were offered an upgrade on the second night, both rooms pure marvel. The hotel staff is also extremely kind and helpful

It's definitely worth every dollar. If you are in love or you want to fall in love, then go ahead and book!! Trust me

Room Tip: ask for the suite facing the front of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Selenka,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at Albergo Relais & Châteaux,

I am delighted to hear your positive feedback and kind words about our hotel and staff,

I am also pleased to hear you loved our Molton Brown amenities

I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Beirut in the near future,