“great location and delightful hotel”
Review of Hotel Albergo

Hotel Albergo
Ranked #33 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We loved Beirut. There are bigger and brighter hotels to stay in but we enjoyed walking around Beirut and loved this small hotel. The room was a good size and the food in the hotel was excellent. The front desk staff were excellent and helped us arrange some tours and recommended some excellent restaurants - we ate Armenian food for the first time in our lives - it is delicious.
If you are looking for something charming - I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank global_nomad_pacific
Hotel A, General Manager at Hotel Albergo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear global_nomad_pacific,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am really delighted to know that our Front Desk staff helped you in organizing tours and recommending restaurants.

I really hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in your “Home away from Home”,

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed one romantic night in the Albergo in Beirut, which is located in the heart of the city in Sodeco. Honestly, i had heard so many good things about it, and still managed to get pleasantly surprised by the boutique hotel feeling with the meticulous decorations across the whole hotel (we walked around and asked the bell boy to give us a tour) and the historic artifacts where also quite interesting. The service was also very pleasant and the guys were very kind and helpful. The room was perfect in terms of bed, sofa, decoration to die for, but the best part was the bathroom with old style marble and wood. The courtesy fruit basket was replaced by a soft yumi cake and some exotic fruits with traditional charab al tut (raspberry juice) and dried fruits and nuts. In the morning we even ordered all of the breakfast (american, french and lebanese if i remember well) and they were all quite good! Jams, pancakes, labneh, zaatar, and croissant, and eggs and bacon and fruits and juices and breads of all kind were all delicious. I would definitely go again to escape the city :)

Room Tip: Depending on your budget and how many people you are, ask to see the rooms first and visit them. The...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beiruti

Dear beiruti,
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your sincere comments on Trip Advisor.
I am really pleased to know you enjoyed your time in our premises, and I really look forward to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The staff can't do enough for you and make you feel very welcome. As it was my second visit, they upgraded me to a suite for no extra cost and it was bigger than my flat in London! The food in the restaurant is very good and breakfast was lovely too. Best scrambled eggs I've ever had.

The staff organised cars for me and charged them to the room as I'd heard horror stories of trying to get cabs (especially as I don't speak Arabic). They also recommended some day trips for me as I had some free time.

I'll definitely be going back; really lovely hotel and city.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Grattafagiolo

Dear Grattafagiolo,
I am happy to know that you enjoyed our rooftop restaurant cuisine as well as our scrambled eggs.
I really hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future in your Beiruti Home

Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had booked two rooms and they are very personal and different. The staff and management was very friendly and helpful in all respects. The room service came within 5 minutes of ordering!

We had dinner and drinks in the restaurant on the top floor, and enjoyed all the dished, in particular the crab salad. Thank you for our stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anne-Tine

Dear Anne-Tine,

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your opinion on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay in our premises, and I really look forward to welcoming you back in your “Home away from Home” in the near future.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Interesting hotel with stylish rooms each has a taste and experience

• Stayed: January 2012

Dear Tarazitarek,

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in our premises in the near future,

Reviewed 17 January 2012

The Albergo Hotel shouldn't be compared to the other hotels of Beirut!
As it's adopting a unique concept, very personalized service, great rooms and very good service.
This place got a spirit, an atmosphere and a breeze of Beirut!
Surely not a chain hotel like many other hotels!
I recommend it to all those visiting Beirut.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BearArabia

Dear BearArabia,
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your lovely comments on Trip Advisor

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and felt the special spirit and atmosphere of the Hotel Albergo.

We look forward to welcoming you very soon again,

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I've tried the hotel & the roof top and both are perfect, the rooms are large and very comfi., the personal is very nice & helpfull, the beds are so gr8! great room service too! The hotel is in the middle of Beirut at a walking distance of so many nice places.
As for the restaurant everything on the menu is excellent! the tiramisu is the best i ever had. The place is so cosy & so beautiful it makes you forget that you in the middle on Beirut!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Jihanedh,
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Hotel Albergo Relais & Châteaux and for taking the time to share your comments about your stay in our premises on Trip Advisor.
I really look forward to welcoming you back in our restaurant and Hotel,