“5 star hotel”

Ranked #34 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Ashburn, Virginia
“5 star hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at the Metropolitan Palace in July. The location was close to beach, mountains, Beirut downtown, and Le Mall. When we arrived, we were greeted kindly by Carla and fruits and nuts were waiting for us in our room. The breakfast buffet had many great quality pastries and other foods. Not to mention the waiters, Jeanine and the head waiter Zaid that offered us great service, our coffee and juices were ready for us by the time we got down at our usual time. We'd also like to mention the concierge who assisted us a great car with a good deal. I used the gym and the trainer Mazen helped me develop a plan to work out. The pool was well maintained and newly redone. The hotel was extremely clean and our rooms were cleaned everyday. Highly recommend this hotel and their staff for their professionalism and the quality that Hilton offers. Thank you for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: Non smokers ask for non smoking floors
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Hi teach4ldn, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on Tripadvisor.

At Hilton Hotels Beirut, we are committed to providing exceptional service for all of our guests and we are thrilled to learn that our team members were so helpful during your stay. From your comfortable guestroom, appreciation for our delicious breakfast dining experience and your health club experience, it is great to know you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the kind words about our service, they were well received by our colleagues.

Thank you once again for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, it was a pleasure having you among us; we are looking forward to welcoming back in the near future for a longer stay as there is much more to see in Beirut and at Hilton Hotels Beirut more specifically this summer.

naif.zureikat@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2013

So my wife and I stayed at the Hilton for 10 days in late June. When we arrived, they could not find our reservation. They quoted us a price that was about 400$ lower than what we booked it at through Priceline. After persisting, Hilton found the reservation from Priceline but that we would still have to pay. Of course we insisted that they confirmed we did not have to pay.

While getting room keys, they told us that we had free breakfast. We had told them that our reservation said wifi on it, but not breakfast. The gentleman assured us that we would have a free breakfast. This turned out to not be true.

The next morning, we decided to try out the free breakfast. The restaurant had ample variety of Lebanese and American foods as well as others. Once we finished eating, the host treated us to a nice bill of a whopping 65$ for breakfast! What a shock this was.. We had told him that we were told 3 times that our rate included breakfast, he said to discuss with the front desk.

So downstairs we went. But all the front desk said was that we should have checked our reservation and that there was nothing they can do. So glad we got the "wifi" in our room, which Priceline really meant that wifi was available in the lobby, and ecstatic about the 65$ bill for breakfast on day 1 of our trip.

With the front desk brushing us aside and making us feel as though everything was our fault (of course it was), we picked up the car from valet parking. The fee is about 18$ a day US. But after the 1st day, my wife insisted to park on the street due to their rude behavior. Luckily, every day we found plenty of free parking literally in front of the hotel. Not sure if those meters will be running where you have to pay now.. so be ware. Also, as a tip, rent a small car as most streets have very little parking.

After the 3rd day, we decided to open up the windows for a fresh breeze. Unfortunately, for the next 2 days the room became humid even though the windows were closed. After the 1st night, we called up the front desk on the 2nd night. The technician who came up told us that you have to close the windows tight by almost slamming them shut so that the "AC" turned on properly, and not just the fan!

So glad we sweated away a solid 3 lbs from the humidity. But don't worry, if the Beirut weather does not get you, the walk to pool all the way across the walkway (which is enclosed) to the Hilton Habtoor will surely make you work up a sweat. My wife was displeased by not having a pool "on-site" so she didn't feel like making the trek all the way in the enclosed, humid walkway.

We should have read the reviews from others fully or checked the pictures online for both hotels for the pool. But since pool was not on the top of our list, I am giving them a 3 for it.

And if you like an 8 AM alarm clock, don't set it because the daily church bells will wake you up instead. All-in-all the hotel was adequate, but due to the behavior and fact that no one seemed to really care about the billing inconsistencies, we will not be staying at this or any other Hilton for a while.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Hi George P, thank you first of all for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to bring to our attention such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

It is with disappointment that I read your comments as it is not the type of encounter we would hope for any of our guests; please accept our sincere apologies that your recent stay did not reflect our commitment. We do also apologize for the miscommunication happened regarding the booking through Priceline, your comments are already shared with the concerned departments and corrective actions have been taken to reinforce our high level of guest satisfaction and reaffirm our promise to deliver excellent service.

Allow me to inform you that we have just re-launched our pool at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace so that our guests can indulge in a new, elegant experience. As for the internet, it is a Hilton brand standard that they charge for its access in the rooms, yet complimentary wired and wireless internet is available in our lobby and business center. We also understand how important a peaceful night’s rest can be while traveling away from home, and we must apologize if any sounds outside your guestroom were of disruption.

Hope none of the above misgivings experienced will hinder you from considering a repeat stay with us. Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for your constructive feedback. We do count on your loyal and persistent relationship with Hilton. Should you need any kind of assistance during your next stay, I will be more than glad to assist you personally.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Avarage business hotel, not same 5 stars as in other countries in my opinion. Quite disappointed overall due to poor services.

Positive:
-Good location, 30min from the airport, close to the mall/restaurants
-Spacious and functioning room
-clean room when it was cleaned

Negative:
-Swimming pool is under construction, have to walk to another hotel to use pool
-Breakfast was otherwise ok, but there were flies over the fruits which was disgusting
-room cleaning was not everyday, when I called room service wondering about the cleaning, then the person just assumed that I have put no cleaning sign on my door even thou I didn't
-at the breakfast a personal forced me to pay for breakfast even thou it was included to the room
-I asked if my Hilton member number could be added since I forgot my number, this I have to remind couple times before it happens
-I was in rush to the airport and asked for quick check out in advance, so concierge can print out everything. The personal did print out but didn't check if the bill was correct. I had several Internet charges on the same day because I used 2devices, so she had to remove double charges and print again. That's why check out took long time.

Generally, hotel was nice but some staffs were not very service minded and did things only when I asked twic

Room Tip: Choose the room closer to the ground floor, so if elevator doesn't work then you can still walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Hi liitomajava, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to post such a thorough review on Tripadvisor.

While we are glad to know you enjoyed our location as well as the comfort of our rooms, it is with great disappointment that we read the rest of your review. Please accept our sincere apologies that your recent stay did not reflect our commitment.

Your comments are already shared with the concerned departments here and corrective measures have been taken, in an effort to reinforce our high level of guest satisfaction in all ways and reaffirm our commitment to providing excellent service.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Hotels Beirut; we do hope that you will give us another chance in the future to provide you with the type of stay you deserve. You will surely enjoy our promotions by our newly refurbished pool in Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace. Should you need any kind of assistance during your next stay, I will be more than glad to assist you personally.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The hotel is breath taking with the trompe d'oeil ceiling and the glass sheet wall offering a great view from all floors.
Staff were extremely polite and attentive. Rooms very clean and we'll maintained.most staff are trilingual and speak French, English and Arabic. Breakfast was
extensive with a wide array of fruit which appears to be the norm in Lebanon.
There is a connecting walkway over the traffic to a sister hotel with a shopping mall on 5 floors. Also tried the French restaurant on the rooftop of sister hotel, truly exquisite food,even the spinach tasted good!
Only slight downer is no operational restaurant in house for lunch or dinner, maybe because the occupancy rate was low. However, more than made up for this with prompt and
delicious room service. Will probably return if in Lebanon again

• Stayed June 2013
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Hi TKA7, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to share with us such a thorough review on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to learn that you have been comfortable and well-looked after during your stay with us. It also makes me proud to know that our dining options have contributed towards your positive experience; our team is heartened by your generous words and kind comments. For your next stay with us, I would advise you to try our genuine Italian restaurant Venezia, located at the ground floor of the hotel, as we are running live Barbecue nights on weekends.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last stay in Beirut; we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon this summer but for a longer stay so you can enjoy the great deal of money-saving activities you will be offered.

Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 27 May 2013

pleasant stay at this great business hotel.. spacious rooms with lots of facilities and nice inroom menu.. great view from the room. the lobby of this hotel is very large and nice.. the ambiance is perfect at night with the pianist performing.. meeting rooms with daylight.. services are great food is tasty and of good quality.. i highly recommend this hotel for business people and leisure due to its location and facilities.. connected to a mall with lots of shops and kids playgrounds.. 5 mnts away from beirut.

Room Tip: high floors
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Hi Salim1973, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace and for taking the time to share your points of view with us through this website.

It is with great pleasure that read your comments and learn about the nice stay you had with us. Hilton Hotels Beirut is committed to providing exceptional service for all of our guests and we are thrilled to learn that our team members were so helpful during your stay. From your comfortable guestroom, appreciation for our views and delicious breakfast dining experience, it is great to know you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for the kind words and great recommendation.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Hotels Beirut during your last stay in Beirut, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future with our new offers and promotions that just suit everyone!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The hotel is quote iconic in Beirut and has been around for some time. I think the recent slump in the city has hurt it a lot and it seems under-staffed. The service was good and efficient, although not the same as :the old days". I think Hilton taking over the management has not really helped in this case. The Breakfast left a lot to be desired. Overall, it's a nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Hi Edward M, thank you for staying with us at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last visit to Beirut and for taking the time to share your comments with us through this website.

I am delighted to read that you found our hotel nice and appreciated our service. Kindly make sure that your comments will be shared with everyone here in an effort to reinforce our high level of customer satisfaction in all ways, and corrective measures will be taken.

Thank you once again for choosing Hilton Hotels Beirut during your last stay in the country, your comments will all be taken into consideration in order to enhance our services where needed. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon this summer for a longer stay, so you will enjoy the renovated areas at the hotel along with the great offers and activities.

Buenos Aires
Reviewed 1 April 2013

The hotel is nice, not in the main touristic area, but is ok. The good thing is that you can cross through a bridge to the other hilton that is next to a mall. This was very convenient since you can eat there, make shopping and I also took my daughter to a softplay area that is there.
The breakfast was excellent, bad coffee, the employees very kind and helpful.

The bad thing from the hotel is that they didn t allowed to me to go inside the jacuzzi with my daughter, (something that i have ever done at all the hotels I have ever stayed and that I actually did at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Beirut where I check in after I checked out from the hilton). After talking to the spa manager she tried to compensate me with a very nice massage and she let me go in one morning with my baby. It was ok but I would have rather not to go thorough all the discussion to go just for one hour to the jacuzzi and I would have like to go whenever I wanted to go in and not at a specific hour. For me this was very important since it is for my baby a nice playing moment for her and try to make her feel being at home in all this travelling and hotel lifestyle.

We were in the 2nd floor and we could easily listen noise coming from other rooms, smoke from other rooms and the elevator noise.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
KasperWigen, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Hi Cholis, thank you for choosing Hilton Beirut Metropolitan Palace during your last visit to Beirut and for taking the time to share your opinion with us on Tripadvisor.

I was really delighted to learn that you enjoyed our quality breakfast as well as the service provided by our team members. I am also glad to see that our bridge connecting both Hilton properties and our neighboring mall were convenient to you and your daughter. As for the spa, we apologize for any inconvenience caused, but it is the hotel’s policy to restrict the spa entry for all kids below 16 years old.

Thank you once again for staying with us at Hilton Hotels Beirut, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon among us but for a longer stay. We would recommend that you stay next time at higher floors so you could enjoy the breath-taking panoramic views of Beirut city and the sea