“if you like average, here is a good one for you”
Review of Le Duroy Hotel

Le Duroy Hotel
Ranked #81 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Orlando, Florida
“if you like average, here is a good one for you”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The hotel is average. Definitely doesn't meet the claims of a four star hotel in my opinion. The breakfast was a simple, limited variety of Arabic breakfast foods but fresh. My friend and I felt as though we were a burden to the some of the staff who seemed slightly annoyed/inconvenienced with answering our questions. The room was clean, except for the bathroom, which was in need of a little better cleaning. Wifi is not free (we didn't use it, we made use of cafes instead) and neither are local calls. The hotel is within walking distance to the sea and many touristy seaside cafes and restaurants. If I were to go to Beirut again I would make efforts to try somewhere new.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank AndreaBelle
Juliet , Guest Relations Manager at Le Duroy Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review . We are delighted to receive your comments to our services and to know that we were able to meet your satisfaction at all levels and especially in terms of place and services. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The hotel is nice, the room was spacey with a good view. As minus could be considered the traffic but in Beirut it's difficult to find a quiet spot. The internet, which was charged separately , was slow and I had to change the pass tree times for five night stay. The breakfast is good and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Strashimir N
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your wonderful post on trip advisor.
It is very refreshing to see how much you enjoyed your time in Beirut and that we have contributed to make your stay even more enjoyable. The whole team was thrilled to know that you were pleased.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Duroy Hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards,
Spain
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Wonderful, unique hotel in great location near the beach, the restaurants and the shopping centers Room was a bit small for three people but was well-appointed and comfortable. Only negative was that they charged me because I lost the adapter

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I've stayed for three nights in Duroy hotel after being disappointed from another hotel in Beirut.
My girl friend reserved in a (what is supposed to be) a five star hotel but regardless their nice swimming pool, they couldn't convince me that they deserve that rating so I moved to Duroy hotel that has the most friendly staff and the best personalized services.
I did like the DJ night but I was bothered by the Shisha.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duroy H
I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the location of the hotel, in addition to the efficiency of our staff. we continuously attempt to offer our valuable guests a truly memorable experience.. Your positive post was a true encouragement to the whole team
Beijing, China
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed a week in Duroy on my last visit. Before i came in, i asked for one big bed nad non smoking room. When I arrived, it was smoking room and two twin bed. They tried to change another one but sitll the same. So finally, they upgrade me to the suite, which is nice. However, the room pretty noisy cause by the street so you can hear all the car passing by at night. And another noise because next to generator.
The other thing is, internet is 2USD/ per hour, but not very stable. So i ended up pay quite a lot money for internet conncetion. I think they should really wave the internet charge consider internet connection in Lebanon is bad!
other than that, they have friendly staffs, helpful in general.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your patronage and support . Indeed we value your trust and confidence in us.

We sincerely apologize for not keeping up with the desired standards you have come to expect from us. Appropriate action will be taken in solving this matter and ensuring this does not happen again.
south africa
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We had the best experience. The staff at Duroy Hotel are welcoming and so friendly. They made our stay hassle free and enjoyable. The atomsphere at the hotel felt cozy, the room was clean and comfortable. Its location was perfect, we enjoyed the sea view while eating in different restaurants that took us 2 minutes walking to reach.We also managed to do all our shopping easilly, shops are located 5 minutes away. My partner & I will definitely do it again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
We are delighted to receive your comments and appreciation to our services.Thank you once again for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in in the near future.
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Very nice family hotel and great Service, close to the beach, lovely romantic rooms and cafe. I enjoyed very much the Karaoke Night and DJ night.
Fair prices comparing to other hotels, I would'nt mind coming again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex K
It was magnificent to read such great comments and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your experience with us. To know we were able to please and exceed your expectations was most rewarding and has motivated our entire team.We look forward to welcoming you back