“good one but can better”
Review of Mediterranee Hotel

Mediterranee Hotel
Ranked #98 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Istanbul, Turkey
“good one but can better”
Reviewed 19 November 2010

well, we stayed at this hotel for one night after it had been so diffcult to find hotel due to the Eid ( muslims' Feast ) , so we were somehow obliged to stay there after we lost the hope of finding good hotel .
overall , the hotel in generally good , the staff is nice and helpful but the hotel in General I found it old and needs some renovation in the rooms .
the space of the room was quite enough , the room was clean and the bathroom as well.
the only thing to say about the rate that we had to be charged 200 $ for this hotel , on the other hand , we found many other NEW LUXE hotels , with better services and more luxury rooms with less rates but they had been already fully-booked.
the breakfast was good and varied with good service .

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Oxford
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I staid for 2 nights in 2 rooms, the location was very good but the rooms were very old with very old and small TV, broken toilets, no central AC so you have to listen to the AC Symphony in your balcony, the fridge was full of water with no mini bar in one of the rooms ... Every thing were old and needs to be knocked down and re build, moreover the breakfast was very limited with no options but 3 compulsory dishes. we were in the fifth floor and it was smell like a kitchen just outside our door.
I booked 2 rooms in advance and I asked them that I need 2 sea view rooms, but I was surprised that they offered me 1 big partly sea view room and 1 very small room with no view at all, and they claimed that the hotel was full but it was not !!! there were just few occupied rooms and that's it.
I arrived and they asked me to pay more than 90% of the money in advance as deposit!!!! which I found it very weird!!!! and on the check out the employee was very rude, I gave him 100 USD and he said I will give you the change in Lebanese Lira other wise you need to go out the hotel and search for someone to give you the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so I accepted the Lebanese Lira however I was heading out of Lebanon.
This was awful treatment and bad experience in a hotel for 160 USD a night.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Beirut hotels

MontrealCanada
Reviewed 19 May 2010

The hotel is just terrible the room very dirty when we first came in the very old room the towels were already used ans dirty it took 2 hours to have clean towels, the toilet seat was brook, no soap we had to ask every day, the glass in the bathroom was never washed and terrible smell in the bathrrom, We had a connecting room we could almost see the people from the broken door and plenty of noise. The staff were not nice during day time specially the man with the glasses who could not be bother but the staff at night time was ok . Thje breakfats was terrible evey morning at 7h30 no more croissant!!! We were just 2 tourist in this hotel the others were people from middle east. Do not stay there spend your money and go at the Coral Suite Hotel #1 in trip advisor or #2 Casa D Or which we try after the nigtmare in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MmeRobillard
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2010

When i first entered the hotel I was a little surprised that they did not renovate the lobby because it looks really old, but i thought i'd give it a chance.The staff were very hospitable and provided and offered me anything I needed. I went up to see the room and was surprised how spacious, clean and nice the room is. The food at the restaurant in the hotel is undeniably one of the best restaurants I've been to, which made my stay a lot more pleasant. I stayed there for 2 nights, and the internet was fast and service great, the only down part is the TV is a bit old and not a flat screen. Other than that i would recommend this hotel cause the view, space and food is well worth it!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank aganabat
New York, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and got an excellent deal for $82 a night including breakfast. The hotel dates back to the the 1970's and it looks like it hasn't been renovated since. The staff is nice and helpful, the breakfast limited but tasty, but the biggest problem was the cleanliness of the room and especially the bathroom. The sink was dirty and water didnt drain well, i found a small cockroach nearly everyday in the bathroom. The sheets were tattered. It was a big disappointment. The location was fine but this hotel has a serious hygiene problem. Beware!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank goldkold
Sydney
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Stayed here a while back, and could not find it on the internet etc! This hotel is directly across from the Sea, so the view is fantastic. it is just near the bend of the corniche, so under 10min walk to Rouche, but also 10min walk to the Intercon Phonecia, and 10min walk to Hamra. I was recommended the place by a taxi driver, and i have to say, we may have paid a little more, but who cares - the rooms were huge although a little worn. Everything was clean and it felt like we were the only two people in the whole hotel.

Would definitely recommend to others. i got the hotel for 100US per night, but i would presume you could negotiate this lower.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank sydsam
London
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I arrived at the hotel at a sunny Friday afternoon, when i first entered the hotel i noticed a traditional feel to it. It wasn't modern at all and everything was simple and comfortable, so i checked in the hotel and the staff were very welcoming. They asked me if i needed anything during my stay and offered what the hotel can offer. So I bought the wifi 24 hour pass.

After the check I go up to my single room with a sea view. As soon as the bell boy opened the door i noticed the space the single room had. This room was Huge! Its considered a junior suite at most other hotels. This being my third visit to Beirut, I've experienced bad internet almost at every hotel i go to. This hotel had very high internet speed at a fair price if you get the 24hour pass. Hygiene in the bathroom and room are great, and the room looks way better than the first impression of the lobby.

The room service is great, wide selection, excellent food. Service is fast, staff is helpful, freedom and space. If you like clean, large, nice rooms with an amazing view for a great deal this is the place. The lobby needs to be changed, it hides the beauty of this hotel.

• Liked — the room, the food
  • Disliked — the lobby
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BusyManBloke