“Not Beirut's Best”

Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
Doha, Qatar
“Not Beirut's Best”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I always like to be a positive as possible. So I will start with those first.

A friend and I planned a spur of the moment trip to Beirut and we balked at the mega bucks charged by the likes of the four Seasons et al. Having stayed in a Radisson recently, I decided to give it a chance again.

In the plus column, the hotel's location is fabulous, in the in Al Meisseyah area of Beirut, walking distance to the Corniche and the fabulous downtown.

Also, the staff are on the whole helpful and charming. The rates are also excellent for the location. While the TV channel selection is limited, business rooms have a DVD player as well as a comfy couch.

The tiny but cosy business lounge is staffed by one of the most cheerful hotel staff members I have come across. Nothing was a problem for her and she was quick to offer a drink or food.

The security and bell staff were helpful to the point of dealing with Beirut's assertive taxi drivers on my behalf and on several occasions, they organized for hotel cars to come and pick me up to ensure I was OK

The bar staff were also attentive and charming and kudos to managers Nancy and Fawaz who were very helpful and responsive.

By the way, the hotel's indoor pool is just stunning...check it out if you can.

On the negative side, I encountered a couple of problems with the hotel. One, my friend and I travelled separately and her airport transfer didn't materialize. That could have been confusion on both sides but instead the reservations agent chose to argue the toss which I found a little annoying.

Meanwhile, when I checked in I was shown to my "business class"room, which was situated at the far end of the seventh floor. Dark and dare I say a little dank, the "terrace" was practically unusable. Meanwhile, the bathroom, oh the bathroom. A strange set up, the bath and toilet were separate to the vanity set up. After a long day traveling, I went to run a bath and discovered the bathtub base was coated in brown dirt.

To their credit after my phone call, management acted fast, and a big thank you to Fawaz one of the managers, who swiftly moved me to a another, more spacious room which appeased me. I even got a fruit basket.

The food at the hotel, aside from the plentiful breakfast buffet, was well below average. My friend ordered a biryani, had it delivered warm around the edges, stone cold in the center. She asked for it to be reheated, same thing. She sent it back suggesting they needed a new microwave. Other attempts at food were as unsuccessful, including below average nachos and burgers.

The hotel also has issues with air-conditioning. The public areas are hot to the pint of uncomfortable and I had to ask for the aircon in my room to be made cooler. Not sure they actually responded to that.

Also, like others in the chain, they have those lights in public areas that turn on only when they sense someone is there. Which is fine for the environment but I was regularly wandering around in the dark corridors, not so pleasant for a single woman.

Honestly, aside from the food and the issue with my first room, regardless of my subjective personal experience and experienced a few glitches, if you are after a decent business hotel in a great location, this is worth a thought.

Room Tip: Go for a business class room, 5th and 6th floor the best
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am thrilled to know that you have found our staff helpful, cheerful and charming and was glad to know that our hotel's location, room rates and Indoor pool were up to your expectations.

I do value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to always improve our services and facilities for valued guests like you.

I am concerned to learn of the problems that you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies.

You will be happy to know that corrective action was taken regarding the food temperature presentation and delivery and the chief engineer immediately fixed the AC problem in public areas.

I would like to assure you I do welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nizam Bou Antoun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Radisson on a business trip in June on my first visit to Beirut. The hotel is fine without being spectacular. I found the staff to be very friendly and efficient, the breakfasts good and the bar area reasonable for a quiet nightcap. The room was fine if a little dated and the food ordered from the bar area was pretty poor and overpriced but overall - a nice experience.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled to know that you found our staff very friendly and efficient and that you liked the breakfast and Bar area.

I welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better and to improve our services and facilities . Please accept my appology if the food delivered at the bar was poor and not up to your expectations , i have spoken personally with the chef and corrective action was taken.

I would like to assure you that a big attention is paid to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

I look forward to welcome you back here at the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel.

Turin, Italy
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I liked the hotel from my first stay and therefore always come back to the Radisson Blu Hotel when I am in Beirut. The staff is so friendly and professional and gives you a lot of personal attention. You feel safe and like at home. This positive experience continues from check-in when you arrive at the reception, maybe tired from a night-flight, until you check-out of the hotel. Service quality is really good, rooms are nice and also the food in the small restaurant is fine. A short walk and you are downtown at a seaside area with lots of new restaurants in this lively city. They have a good Spa, only the Fitness Centre could be a bit more spacious. I can definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: If available, choose an executive room, then you have also access to the Business Lounge in the hote...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your loyalty and for the time spent to review our property!!

I am thrilled to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and so delighted i was to hear that you found our staff friendly ,professional and attentive.

I was also happy to learn that you liked the room and the food.

Thank you for recommending our property and i look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 3 August 2012

It was my first stay in Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut and I was really impressed with the worm hospitality and the friendly atmosphere there. It was a very enjoyably experience fro me and for my family. I did recommend this hotel to all my friends who are planning to visit Beirut in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel!

It is indeed a privilege for us having you recommending our hotel.

I am delighted to learn that you found our hospitality worm and our atmosphere friendly and i will be personally sharing your feedback with all the team .

I look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel .

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut.
I would say if you are travelling for business and you want to have the right service, then this is the place to go. I stuff there are really nice, smiling, helpful, and they care about you. I will recommend this hotel for everyone.

Regards,
Ba's

Room Tip: Business class rooms just perfect
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time spent to review our property!!

I am thrilled to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and so delighted i was to hear that you found our staff nice, smiling, helpful and caring.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Are you looking for a fancy hotel with huge reception area and plenty of resturants. do you want to see crystal chandeliers and original paintings in your room? well then, the Radisson Blu is not the right hotel for you.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a nice affordable hotel in a central location with some of the friendliest staff you will meet as well as nice rooms then you should consider it. Normally i would go for the fancy stuff for my vacation, but everytime i am in beirut i end up booking in the Radisson. the staff, especially the ladies and gentlemen at the reception are one of the nicest i have seen.

Room Tip: try to upgrade to a business class room, it is worth it. and go for higher floors and not the ones f...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to review our hotel!

It is indeed a privilege for us that you end up booking our property when in beirut.

I am delighted to learn that you found our staff and especially the reception staff very friendly and trust that your feedback will be directly shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon here at the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel .

Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

While they drove a hard bargain on the price, they absolutely delivered on their promise. Nancy and the team were extremely considerate and did everything they could to help at every opportunity, from the guys in the breakfast cafe, to the porters. I do not have a single negative word to say.

They made our trip to our friend's wedding (which coincided with our 3rd anniversary) very special indeed.

This 4star hotel outperformed a supposed 5star we stayed in Prague recently.

Well done and thanks.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time spent writing the review!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, which I have shared with our staff.
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but mostly I am pleased to know that you found our staff friendly & accommodating.

I was very happy to know that your trip to your friend's wedding was very well arranged.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.