“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 119 Hotels in Beirut
Libreville, Gabon
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

A very fast check in , keys were ready , arrived after midnight , all was prepared in the room .
Luggage was delivered to my room in less than 5 minutes.Staff are very helpfull. enjoyed it very much.location is very good in the heart of beirut.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shafik A
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for reviewing our property.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us ,found the staff helpful and thrilled to learn that you have found the location great.

We always do our best to offer excellent value for money and I am glad to know that your stay was up to your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Nizam Bou Antoun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

A dated hotel with poor attention to detail. Not impressed at all. On arrival my room was not acceptable; the wardrobe was damp and housed a mouldy pillow. When I complained to the management, they were very apologetic and switched me to a junior suite, which was much better. Attention to detail, I had booked a 'business room' the positive with this was the nespresso machine, but never had enough coffee or creamer. I never once received a newspaper even though I had requested it twice (and it was meant to be part of the business room package). I tried some of the overpriced biscuits from the mini bar, but clearly they had been sat there for some time as they were stale. In the bathroom, after the first day they didn't replace the face cloths so had to be requested, and I try to conserve water by reusing my towels, but they took them also and didn't leave a replacement. On a positive note the staff were very nice, but the attention to detail was very disappointing considering the star rating for this hotel. The locations is great, walking distance to the famous Phoenician, the beach and Hamra are also very close by. Unfortunately, I won't be staying here again

Room Tip: Request a junior suite
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Viciousb
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel.
It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced with our location and staff.

Feedback is considered an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am anxious to learn of the problems that you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies.

We strive to provide a really high level of service so I was devastated to hear that you weren't completely happy with your stay.

After your room was upgraded to a Junior Suite the first room was immediately put out of service and our Chief engineer checked it personally and the damp was unfortunately caused by an unexpected leakage on the back of the closet and this was immediately repaired.

I have also read your other comments and have followed up with the concerned departments in detail to ensure such errors relating newspaper and room amenities are not repeated.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiency.

I was sorry to learn that you will not be returning to our hotel even though you found most of the staff really nice. I hope my above explanation will return your trust in our hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any future reservation should you change your mind as I certainly would like to have the opportunity to make this up to you.

Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

For a Radisson Blu hotel I was underwhelmed with it and thought it was pushing the star rating (I think officially it's a four star) to the max. The building was dated and it was expensive, I seem to remember that the breakfast wasn't the best either. On the plus side, it's location was great for a walk down Paris Avenue and the staff were helpful and pleasant.

Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for the time spent reviewing our property.

I am glad to know that you found our staff staff helpful and pleasant and that our hotel’s location were up to your expectations.

I do value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests. Kindly note that our buffet breakfast has been now fully upgraded since your last stay with us being October 2011.

I would like to assure you that I do personally pay careful attention to guest's feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you back to the area.

Nizam Bou antoun
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

arrived late night to the hotel.keys were ready.fast check in.our luggage reached the room quickly.our room service order reached earlier than expected.spacious comfy room.very helpfull staff and prompt service.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Sir,

I am thrilled to know that you have found our staff helpful with prompt service,our rooms comfortable and spacious.

I am happy to learn that we have met your expectations to end up with a memorable stay.
We will continue working hard to maintain and upkeep our service.

I look forward to welcoming you back whenever in Beirut.

Verona, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed in Radisson Martinez hotel for tow nihgt for business reason in April this here.
Hotel is well located near to Corniche and easy to be reached from airport and from north.
Bulding generally is a little bit old and not so well mantained both in the rooms (furniture was a little scrappy) and in the common areas (first day I arrived some water was dripping from the ceiling in the breakfast area).
Staff is quite helfpul and skilled vut the overall impression is below the average standards of Radisson.
Pool seemed to be nice but I did not tested as too crowded.

Considering that rooms are spacious with free Internet, it has to be considered a good convenient choice in Beirut to Phoenicia or Sheraton.
Hotels are very expensive in the town.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

My children and I spent a couple of nights at Radisson Blu. Every staff person we met was wonderful and kind. The hotel is in a great location close to the Corniche and downtown. Our room was surprisingly large, very clean, and wonderfully comfortable. The pool was terrific!! It was a great place to stay. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable hotel in Beirut in a great location for a good price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you for reviewing our property.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff wonderful and kind.

I was also thrilled to learn that you have found the location great, the swimming pool terrific and the rooms large clean and comfortable.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Amman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We spent one night during a trip to Beirut and I would like to share these things about the hotel:
At radisson blu, their reception was great and the staff were very cooperative, they had provided us with a standard room which we really found very big and really bigger than the standard rooms in other hotels and it was very comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was served from 7 till 10 am at Olive restaurant, where they had an open buffet with a varieties of local and international food. their food is tasty, fresh and clean. the manager there, Mr. Rony, is very kind, cooperative and smart having extra good memory to remember each guest's preference of what to drink and eat.
the swimming pool is located indoors and actually we didn't like it though it's big but we prefer the outdoor pool.
the hotel location is between the beach (but it doesn't have any seaview rooms) and the shopping area (AL-Hamra Market)
a small misunderstanding occurred about whether we had a lunch or dinner or not and it was instantly solved without any problems!

overall, our stay there was great, and we had a very good refreshing time and I would recommend the hotel for any couple looking for a warm welcome, relaxing calm atmosphere and a well priced 5 star hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NizamBouAntoun, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us .

I was trilled to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and i was very happy to learn that you have liked our reception and breakfast staff especially Rony.

As well as I was delighted to know that you that you found our rooms nice and clean and the food tasty and fresh.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu I would like to thank you for recommending our property and i hope to see you again when your traves bring you back to the area.