“Little worn, tough wifi access, great location - stay in business rooms!”

Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut
Ranked #9 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was on the 7th floor in a non-business room. My room was very comfortable, but a little worn (furniture was pretty knicked up and stains on the carpet). Wifi was a source of great annoyance, as it was very weak and kept dropping in my room and no access through wire. Hard to do work from the room without online access. My colleague who stayed on the business level did not have these problems, and room was slightly upgraded from mine.

Service was very helpful, but not too aware of tourist things to do. However were very nice and really bent over backwards to assist.

Location is one or two blocks from the beginning of the Cornish - which is nice to walk on after a day at work. Taxis were plentiful with good security around the hotel.

Breakfast which came with our rate was excellent! Huge spread of western and Lebanese options.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I would like first to thank you for sharing your experience on trip advisor.

I was happy to know that you found the staff very helpful, the choice of breakfast excellent and the location nice and convenient.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you faced with the internet access, your constructive feedback has been taken into consideration and a full review of the 7th floor wifi access points is now in place in addition to a full preventive maintenance for the rooms.

we at the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel welcome all constructive feedback as we do really believe that it is one of the best way to keep improving.

Once again I would like to thank you for the review and i look forward to welcome you back to our property.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel is well located in this fascinating city. The rather squashed lobby area initially is a bit confusing ..but then the warmth and efficiency of the front desk staff made up for it. I just loved my Business Class room - spacious and well equipped. However, ...the Nespresso machine only produce lukewarm water for my coffee, - a normal hot water kettle would be more practical

They provided 2 small bottles of water, - a bit stingy - even just for one guest. The wardrobe could do with a light ..even with the ceiling light it so dark that you can't even see how to place your trousers properly into the trouser valet. My next grouch is the bathroom - the glass wall separating the bath tub from the sink is rather wide ..and gives you only limited and not very comfortable access to the bath tub. Whilst there are a range of amenities provided ..the quality of the shower gel was pretty poor. Next - the 3 little plastic bags with amenities were impossible to open ..one needed a sharp instrument to do so. One little soap is also rather stingy.
Can someone explain to me why the shaving mirror is so high up, that even for my 6ft height it is not very comfortable to use this mirror. By the way, several items of the bathroom amenities were not replaced after use ..!

The lunch buffet was excellent ..but the chicken filet in my chicken burger (for dinner) was cold !
Then again, room service was quick and the food was delivered hot.

Wifi was free , and there are plenty of power points.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time spent writing your review which I really appreciate.

I was thrilled to know that you found the location fascinating, the front desk staff warm and efficient, the lunch buffet excellent and the room service quick.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu I apologize for the concerns you have, I appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Its an excellent place to stay in Beirut. The front desk staff is very efficient, warm and accommodating. They readily agreed for an extended check out time upto 4pm in the evening. The rooms are reasonable large, clean, comfortable and well appointed with tea-coffee maker, mini bar and a complementary WiFi. The Business Class Lounge is also pretty well equipped with comfortable sofas, a couple of PCs with a printer and ample snacks and wine and of course with a smiling staff welcome you. The lobby restaurant is again par excellence specially for the morning breakfast. The hotel is great value for money.

Dear Reviewer,

I would like first to thank you for taking the time to write your review and share it with the community!

I was happy to know that we managed to achieve our goal in making your stay an excellent one
And was thrilled to learn that you found the front desk efficient, warm accomodating, the rooms large clean and comfortable, the Business Lounge comfortable and well equipped, the lounge excellent and that you found our hotel a great value for money!

I sincerely thank you and i look forward to welcoming you back whenever back in the area.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Great room size (my experience is on business class), very good everyday cleaning, amazing service, staff very friendly, good food quality, breakfast is perfect, great spa area with an amazing pool and sauna with massage and gym.
I´ve been alone there for 3 days and had no problem at all, everybody was very kind.
I´ll comeback for sure and recommend.

Room Tip: Business Class rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Martinez hotel and for sharing your experience!

I was glad to know that your experience was up to your expectations and you found the hotel GREAT!!

i thank you for recommending our property and I will be more than happy to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Very comfortable rooms. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a business class room. Although this came with an added bonus of a nespresso coffee maker, a kettle would also have been nice and more convenient for making tea. This doesn't detract from a very professionally run hotel however. Front of house staff were very friendly and accommodating and the free wi fi throughout the hotel is an added bonus. The gym is small but well equipped and I will definitely bring swimwear next time to make use of the excellent pool below street level in the basement. The location may not be as good as those hotels closer to the Hamra but its only a fifteen minute walk away and much quieter- away from the blaring horns on the main roads. If you stay here, try the excellent Al Hindi restaurant- top notch Indian cuisine in the Palm Beach hotel only five minutes walk away.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at Radisson Blu Martinez Beirut on Tripadvisor.

I am very pleased to know we have succeeded providing you a nice stay and gaining you as a loyal customer.

All the team her at the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel will be at your full disposable anytime you visit Beirut and always ready to accommodate you.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

A warm welcome always at the Radisson Blu Martinez, accommodaing and friendly staff in all areas of the hotel.Buisiness center fab always full of refreshments, breakfast a vast variety, bedrooms big spacious and clean with coffee n tea facilitys available, this was a big plus for me.
Location excellent n if you have guest to visit there is a car park next to hotel at reasonal price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Kosta K, General Manager at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel, Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for having chosen the Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel for your visit to Beirut and for sharing your positive experience with the travel community!!

It is truly very rewarding for us to know that you had enjoyed your stay in every point of contact and that you were provided a warm welcome as usual , which shows that we have kept our promise of 100% guest satisfaction.

I look forward to warmly welcome you back whenever travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

the hotel is good. all services are properly given by the whole staff. only two things, little, I didn't appreciate:
a) cost of one caffè espresso: equivalent to €. 3.50!!!
b) breakfast buffet: nutella, hams and honey should be served in small portions, not in big cans.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank vincenzo c

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind review and for having stayed with us at Radisson Blu Martinez Hotel Beirut!

Rating us as a Very good hotel is much appreciated and same is your feedback which will be used to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Rest assured that we will do our utmost to make your forthcoming stay as pleasant as possible in Beirut.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!!