“is not too bad,,at that i pay 40 $ only by ordered on line”
Review of Royal Garden Hotel

Royal Garden Hotel
Ranked #97 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 9 May 2010

it was my first visit to lebanon.so,sure is not compare to dubai servise,but it was nice,nd frendly.it was my home wole month. i ll be back there wt pleasure this summer,but price is not same year ago.so, better 4 me take apartments jast oposite this hotel,is really strange why is hotel price so hi level now.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank 1alexsasha

Reviewed 8 February 2010

I thought I would try this hotel which is located in the centre of the Hamra district. On arrival, I was greeted by a rude receptionist. She demanded my passport, after 15 mins gave me the keys. (I asked for my passport and she started laughing and said that she was not going to take my passport hostage she was getting it copied). I asked her where I could get my currency changed - she asked me what I had, I said sterling - she said "Go and ask someone on the street". I had a restless night as the windows are thin - there are 4 24 hour cafes directly outside the hotel. There was construction being done on the room next to mine - all night and day. Taxis were blowing their horns all night. The next day i had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door and some woman started banging on the door. She asked if I wanted room service - I said no. The receptionist found no problem in lighting up a cigarette in front of my face.
The service of this hotel is terrible. The staff are intimidating - very creepy. they always watch you and speak in arabic in front of you and laugh - this is very rude and I was extremely offended. I was so un-comfortable at this hotel that I asked to check out and I checked in to another hotel for an extra week. Upon check-out - I handed over the keys and was told "ok" - I demanded a receipt. I was given a poor printout - showing no details. I asked the receptionist to re-print an adequate statement - and he reluctantly did this. I was shown to be German (even though they disappeared with my british passport on arrival) I felt compelled to report all of this to the Lebanese Tourist Police and they fined the hotel for inadequate conduct as well as extortion (tourism tax is around 5% and this hotel showed around 20-30% per night). I would not recommend anyone to stay here. This place should be shut down.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
6  Thank ra7519
Reviewed 6 February 2010

It was a drizzly mid afternoon in Beyrut and I was looking for a place to stay the night as I could'nt make it back to Damascus. While walking, I spotted this hotel...from the exterior it looked pretty drab..However, I decided to give it a look, since it's situated right smack in quite a lively street intersection. I entered, and the receptionists, one guy and a lady greeted me with smiley faces. I asked if there is any room, and they said YES! So I asked how much..it was US$77 for a room with a double bed, inclusive of breakfast. It was actually way off my budget, but I decided to give the room a look. The guy receptionist brought me to Room 531 and it is so beautiful...In less than 2 minutes, I made up my mind that I shall stay the night. So I did...and I liked it and it was well worth it. Everything in the room was new as the room was newly renovated. Apart from some drilling sound, (it wasnt too much of a bother cos it stopped after 5pm), I would definitely recommend this hotel to travellers...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Heryanti
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I recently had a business trip to Beirut, Lebanon ans my stay was at The Royal Garden. Rooms were very nice looking and clean. Stayed before at the same hotel but got to know that is has been managed by a new owner which i also had the chance to meet and name is Mr. Ramzi Yateem. He gave me the heads up about future plans of the hotel which seems at the look of a five star hotel. i would really recommend friends and any that person to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 October 2009

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 31 July 2009

While this hotel does look a bit shabby from the outside, it's actually quite nice. The rooms are pretty good with a fridge, TV and air conditioning. The carpets aren't too clean, but it's not like you're sleeping on the floor. This isn't a hotel that will impress the avid traveler.

This hotel is great if you're on a budget and just need a comfortable bed and a place where you can keep your luggage while you're out on the town (which is usually the case when you're in Beirut)

• Stayed: July 2009