“The worst ever hotel services”

Warwick Palm Beach Hotel
Ranked #44 of 116 Hotels in Beirut
London, United Kingdom
“The worst ever hotel services”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel used to be my favourite place to stay in Beirut till the new management transformed it into the worst ever hotel services..
When I took my room, the cleaning was very poor while the balcony was really dusty and I had to ask for it to be cleaned again. The air conditioning in the room was working but very low and barely noticeable. The cleaning staff was in ease to open my luggage to put my clothes left in the room inside it without being told to do so. I had to pay the four nights stay in advance although I explained to the receptionist that the rule is to pay when leaving but he kept insisting that I have to pay in advance and I had no time to find another hotel.
The real nightmare is the staff attitude which is clearly unfriendly and highly unprofessional. While I made it clear before booking that I will need internet connection in my room for work purposes, the internet connection was barely working. Unable to connect for an urgent business skype call, I went to see the receptionist (Paul) whom I called several times to try to check the connection without a solution. I found him chatting with colleagues and a client, pretending that the connection is going normally in the hotel and that he can do nothing about it. When I insisted that I need technical help, he became openly aggressive, to the extent of shouting in my face that he is not responsible for helping me and that he prefers to leave the hotel than to deal with me. He upgraded his aggressive behaviour while his colleagues were simply watching finding this attitude very normal. One of them, a female staff who came last minute, was even laughing. I was really shocked to see such a highly unprofessional and unfriendly behaviour coming from a receptionist in a supposedly four stars hotel while I had in the same time to find a solution for my skype call. I finally learned from one of the staff that the internet connection was not working in the whole hotel for a technical problem and that they chose not to tell me about this but rather to pretend all is well. It was too late for my skype business call and I lost an important business opportunity. The staff were not apologetic, at the contrary, they showed complete indifference as if nothing happened. It is clear that they have no respect for their clients.
I insisted for talking to the manager while the aggressive receptionist pretended that there is no manager available to talk to me. After I insisted again, I was put through a person who pretended being the director and whose simple answer was that they are not responsible for providing me with internet connection. He did not even acknowledge that the behaviour of his staff was extremely inappropriate. The level of unprofessionalism of the director was beyond imagination. No wonder the receptionist is such an impolite idiot who does not understand that his job is to serve clients to find solutions for problems and certainly not to insult them.
For the sake of your nerves and money and to avoid ruining your holidays having to deal with such mean and unprofessional staff, do not use this hotel. It is a shame that we lost such an important hotel of old Beirut in the hand of such unprofessional, mean, and unethical management.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank fatima I
palmbeachbeirut, General Manager at Warwick Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Mrs.Issawi,

Greetings from Warwick Palm Beach Hotel.

First, thank you for giving us few minutes from your valuable time and for advising us with your feedback.

We would like to apologize for being late to reply to your feedback. We were reviewing all the comments recently received. It was really dis-pleasant for us to know that you had a bad experience during your stay, noticing that it was not your first time you stay with us. Thus, we would like to apologize for all the inconveniences that you faced them and for the poor services provided by our staff. Of course, this doesn't meet with our standards nor our hospitality. Once again please accept our regrets.

We wish to have you among us in future opportunities. If you give us this chance, we'll make sure to change your opinion in our property.

Kind regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Me and my wife we really enjoyed our stay in Palm Beach hotel, due to its strategic location on the corniche, cleaness and good service. The rooms are quite, clean and include everything you need. Enjoyed the stay everythibg was great.

• Stayed December 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Hotel is located near the waterfront, good for nice walks or jogging. Nice bar downstairs. Pleasant rooms.
Some minor confusion at check-out. We had paid a cash-deposit in USD but the gentleman at the front desk wanted to return it in Lebanese pounds. Not terribly useful when you head for the airport to leave the country. He saw our point after a little discussion.
Wifi was not working properly, very unstable, but to be fair infrastructure in Beirut is under a lot of strain at the moment so it may not be due to problems at the hotel. Some noise from building works, but this should be fixed soon.
Normal taxi arrangement to the airport, car turned up on time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent location in the heart of Beirut, close to the main points everywhere you wish to go, in front of the sea, good brekfast, nice staff in general (Food&Bevergae and Front office), excellent team at valet parking, beatiful view on the top floor. A very good value in Beirut. In few words, confortable, feel at home, cozy and great location. An adress to record in Beirut.

Room Tip: try to ask your room at the highest level possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
palmbeachbeirut, Manager at Warwick Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Warm regards
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The staff at this Hotel is amazing everyone is doing their best to make you feel at home and they did. The hotel is located on the sea road with great views of the bay, mountains and the sea. Its also very close to downtown and all the main attractions, Hotel staff will also help you get anywhere around Lebanon

Room Tip: If you can afford a suite the views are spectacular, if you don't and will end up in a room make...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
palmbeachbeirut, Manager at Warwick Palm Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear valued guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing the Warwick Palm Beach Hotel for your recent stay in Beirut and for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are always so very glad to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us. Your feedback is very important to us, and it will be shared with the entire staff so we can keep focusing on what matters to us which is delivering great service and product. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Warwick Palm Beach Hotel when your travels bring you to Beirut again.
Warm regards.
cairo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I stayed there for ten nights last month
The hoyel is now called warwick palm beach hotel
The location is in the middle of everywhere in Beirut right in front of sea side where you sit in balcony watch joggers and bicycle riders move around along shore
Hotel seems to be authentic and historic but its now being re innovated gradually as the new chain warwick will manage it , so they are starting the re innovation on the top floors
The room space is acceptable for two, the furniture is fine the bathroom is good with bath tub hot and cold
There are front main sea view in few rooms and the rest is partial view , some have balcony that faces the sea shore some have windows only
Breakfast is good but fixed every day no change staff are professional there is a good gym ym and business centre , and you can use the pool on the top roof, a small pool but the view is amazing
If you wish to use the beach they allow you to enter the beach of the other branch for this hotel accessible as this branch does not have a beach of its own
So you take a taxi or rent a car and its twenty ,minutes away Drive from this hotel then the reception there lets you in to enjoy the day use
Large pool DJ and music and big beach to swim in sea
They sea waves are rough at most days so sitting at beach would be best to enjoy the sun , the pool is very nice and you can rent a bung loo if you wish too with fees with daily rental fees
There are showers and cabinets if you wish to change after spending a day on the pool and sea.
Staff at this hotel are professional and nice, the hotel was booked via booking .com so the rate was very good deal , and you can go and use your luck and try to book directly from their front desk they can offer you the same rate of booking .com
The hotel location is near many cafes and restaurant near pharmacy hair dresser and grocery s, its fifteen minutes walk from al hamra shopping area and five minutes walk from zaitona bay the hottest new walk and dine area in Beirut, i believe once this hotel finishes all its re innovation work it will increase its rate s accordingly
The carpets in corridor needs change and the walls are abit thin you can hear next rooms
Next to the hotel hard rock cafe and two night clubs that offer traditional lebanese nights of Lebanese singers and belly dancers, we haven't tried these
If i would recommend this hotel i would do so for its location and rate.
The biggest con. Is that sometimes the street gets too loud , when traffic jam or during rush hour ,thats it
Give it a try.

Room Tip: Pls ask for rooms that face the sea directly It would be better yo rent a car at least for one day...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank rdeeb
London
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The hotel is in a very good location on the sea front near the harbour and is well served by taxis.
The rooms are very clean and a good size, the room I was staying in had been modernised. Breakast was substantial and you were never rushed even if you were down slightly late. the staff on the front desk were helpful and polite, the chap doing the night shift less so! The gym has good facilities, there is a PC available for guests and free Internet access. There is an Indian restaurant in the hotel, the food is very good.

the only disappointment was the construction work taking place on floors 5 and 6, to access the pool you had to walk through what can only be described as a building site, a lot of noise, dust and dirt. At present there is no roof top bar or restaurant. Occasionally I was woken up in the morning by the sound of drills. Although this renovation work is temporary guests will have to suffer this inconvenience until at leas the end of September.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea front room, at present ask for a room on a lower floor 2 or free as you are less likel...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beirut
Monroe Hotel Beirut
#6 of 29 in Jounieh
Raouche Arjaan by Rotana
Raouche Arjaan by Rotana
#12 of 116 in Beirut

Been to Warwick Palm Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!