All reviews an indian restaurant great indian food rooftop pool a partial sea view third party breakfast room location is ideal boutique hotel corniche hindu parilla modernisation downtown concierge lebanon
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Very genuine boutique hotel in the heart of a beautiful city.

Stayed in the Palm Beach for one week, and will not consider staying anywhere else in the future. The staff were more than helpful, and were always happy to greet us with a smile.

Rooms were a decent size, with a spacious bathroom.

This is one of those hotels where I have so much to say, but no idea how to say it.

Top Notch!!

Reviewed 19 October 2009

We stayed at the palm beach as we wanted to go to a bouique hotel. Not super impressed. Pool is nowhere you would want to be- stinks of alcohol from the bar the night before and is a but run down overall. Location was not good for us as it is not really near anything- you cannot access the beach and downtown is a good twenty minute walk. On the plus side the staff were very nice. Needs to up its game if it wants to keep clientele after the Grey opens. Tip to other travellers is to go for the InterContinetal round the corner. Stunning hotel with lots of services available and a great coffee shop.

Reviewed 9 October 2009

We decided to stay at the Palm Beach Hotel from the previous positive reviews it had received. The room was a deluxe room but in my opinion was very average. The bathroom was tired with mouldy tiles and the towels had seen better days (I don't think we had a towel for the whole duration which didn't have any holes in it).
The breakfast was terrible. The croissants, bread etc were stale and nothing looked appetising. The staff were hopeless and on numerous occasions there weren't any cups for tea or coffee of glasses for juice.
The biggest disappointment was the rooftop pool. We emailed the hotel prior to arriving to see if it would be open and they confirmed it would be. When we arrived it was raining heavily and for the next couple of days the pool area was closed even though the weather had cleared up. Each time we contacted reception that didn't know if or when the pool area would be open and told us to go up to the top floor to see for ourselves. After many fruitless journeys up to the roof we found the door open. When we entered and were completely shocked. The furniture was broken, cushions stained and ripped. The bar area was dirty. The showers were black with mould and full of junk. The pool was dirty and the sunbeds were disgusting (ripped and stained). A senior member of the hotel appeared and I approached him, he didn't seem too concerned and just smiled at me inanely and said that it was the end of the season. I don't care if was the end of the season as I was being charged high season rates. It was such a shame as the bar and pool area could be fantastic. If we wanted to lay out in the sun and have a swim we had to go to a local beach club which wasn't cheap. Once I complained the hotel was quick to add that the pool bar wasn't owned by the hotel. The hotel must take some responsibility as when you book the hotel you believe the pool belongs to the hotel.
We were very unhappy and asked about their cancellation policy and it was 3 days which seemed quite excessive for a weeks holiday. We had a look around for another hotel but they were fully booked so ended up remaining at the hotel.
There are many hotels in Beirut and I recommend you choose one of these and steer clear of the Palm Beach.

2  Thank Kaype
Reviewed 7 September 2009

First time in Beirut. REserved a room (paid extra) for a sea view room but could only see the sea through a binocular if I hung out of the balcony!!
Towels were stained and more yellowish than white.
Forget the breakfast.
Got a wake up call only once as they forgot.
Had a 0400 flight so tried to sleep early last night but their disco was on up till 0200 when I left the hotel, you can imagien what rest!
The aircon went bust and I smelt buriningt..they checked and tld me don`t worry..I just might have fried myself to death!! They said they´ll change the room tomorrow if it happens again or take me out in ashes as it was night time (obviously I am on biz doing the day!!).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank gruyeresuisse
Reviewed 31 August 2009

For 220 USD you get a "sea view" room. This means if you go out on the balcony and crane your neck you can barely see the marina...
For 220 USD you also get a room where you will not be able to sleep before 2 to 3 am because the sound from the rooftop club is so deafening.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple