“Nice Hotel in Beirut”

Ranked #29 of 117 Hotels in Beirut
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice Hotel in Beirut”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed there for two nights to visit friends in Beirut. They hotel was very nice, free wi-fi in the lobby. Was upgraded to a preferred room as a Starwood Gold member. Rooms were very nice and comfortable. The bathroom was large. Nothing bad to say about the hotel and I would stay there again if the occasion arises.

There is a small rooftop pool, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Hi abounatom,

Thank you for your comments, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and will return if the occasion arises.

Thomas F.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Last September I spent a most relaxing night at the Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun before traveling on to Tyre the next day.
Checking in was a pleasure – I love that you are able to sit when you check in unlike so many other hotels where you have to stand. It just seems so much more civilized. The young woman at the front desk was friendly, professional and courteous. She offered to upgraded my room without my even asking!

The room was spacious; the bed was so comfortable I wanted to bring it home with me. The pillows were perfect. (I’m a pillow critic – very picky about my pillows and these were perfect.

The décor was elegant and welcoming. The ambiance was one of tranquility. I felt completely at ease.

I ordered room service for dinner and not only was the food delicious but it was served very quickly and the attendant who delivered it, like all the staff I met during my stay, was very gracious.

Breakfast the next morning was also very tasty and the coffee was delightful. I’m looking forward to coming back and would recommend this hotel as a number one choice while staying in Beirut!

Marie Gutscher

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MGutscher
Hi MGutscher,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I have happily shared your views with all associates.
I do hope your second visit was as pleasant as the first one.

looking forward to seeing you in Beirut

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I came back from Beirut yesterday and have great things to say about this hotel:
Location: very nice location on Verdun, 5 minutes away from the corniche and shopping.
Lobby and Reception: very nicely decorated and spacious.
Staff: all were professional and friendly, from the bellboy to the receptionist to the waiters.
Rooms: spacious, clean, modern decor, large bathrooms, nice amenities.
Breakfast: a wonderful buffet with many fresh items items ranging from continental to Lebanese.

I just want to say "Thank you" for making my stay so pleasant in Beirut. This time, it made me change my perspective of the whole country.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AbeerK
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Hi AbeerK,

Thank you for the wonderful comments, I have happily shared them with the entire team.
Look forward to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun.

Thomas F
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights during Dec, 2010. The service was fine and the quality was good, including cleanliness. We just wish we'd stayed a bit closer to the downtown so that we could walk around a bit easier, without having to catch a cab every time we wanted to walk/sightsee/eat. The cabs don't have meters, so it's a constant negotiation.......
Anyway, the hotel was fine, but we'd likely spend the money and stay at a more central location next time.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
Hi ToddandKara,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun.
I am happy that overall you enjoyed our property.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We wanted to have a look around “Beyrouth” and chose this Hotel as it was a familiar brand, well priced and seemed to be in a reasonably good position. We booked online via Booking.com and received a very good rate. After being driven through the Beirut traffic, a life experience in it’s own right, we arrived at the Four Points Sheraton.

The Porter was at the Taxi in seconds, opened the door for us and proceeded to unload our luggage, making our arrival effortless and most pleasant.

Check in was equally smooth and uncomplicated. The staff at Reception were very helpful and rang around a few of the better known venues to try and get us in for dinner.

Unfortunately our first choice, “SkyBar” was booked solid. If you want to go here, we suggest booking at least a week in advance. Apparently it is the best bar in Beirut. Our disappointment showing, the Concierge suggested Buddha Bar. A good choice and we had a lovely evening.

The next night, the Concierge suggested we eat at their rooftop restaurant. Our one disappointment with this Hotel. The menu was non-imaginative and quite restricted. When the food arrived we were very disappointed with the quality and quantity. We would have been much better off ordering room service, which was actually very good. Management need to have a good look at the offering and lift the standard of this restaurant to the standard the rest of the Hotel has achieved.

We had Breakfast on our last day and we were equally impressed with the food and service. The food was very enjoyable and the staff were constantly topping up the supplies! Probably a bit expensive compared to some "Diners" nearby, but very convenient and a good way to start the day.

The room we had was clean, comfortable, roomy and we were very happy. Overall the Hotel was a great find and we would be very happy to stay here again, but we will avoid the rooftop restaurant ;-)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew_and_Mary
Hi Mary and Andrew,

Thank you for your great comments, they have been shared with all associates.
I am sorry to learn of your disappointing experience at the "Roof", and I will immediately look into how we can improve this outlet, to match the rest of the hotel.

Thanks again, and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The room is neat and clean.
Room furniture is good as well.
The bathroom is quite clean too.

I didn't like the health club as it's too small, only two tread mills and few weights and that's all. The swimming pool is also small.

As for the hotel location, I didn't like it though I haven't explored a lot.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 28 June 2011
Hi Goldi2011,

Thank you for your comments from your recent stay at our hotel, I appreciate you taking the time to share your views.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Hotel rooms excelent and hotel location in very good area to go around , very close to beach , commercial center and down town .

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
GMLeVerdun, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Le Verdun, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
HI rabujarad,

Appreciate your nice comments.

Thanks a lot